hibs.net Messageboard

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304

Is It Just Me...

...or does Walter Smith come across as a complete and utter ignorant tube here?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...rs/9305423.stm

Because the league wouldn't extend the season for Rangers (1 club) 2 years ago, it would now be unfair to extend the season for all clubs, to help clear the backlog of fixtures caused by the weather.

So, because they wouldn't help his club, they can't help ALL clubs.

It beggars belief.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...or does Walter Smith come across as a complete and utter ignorant tube here?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...rs/9305423.stm

Because the league wouldn't extend the season for Rangers (1 club) 2 years ago, it would now be unfair to extend the season for all clubs, to help clear the backlog of fixtures caused by the weather.

So, because they wouldn't help his club, they can't help ALL clubs.

It beggars belief.
    Also a slight rewriting of history in that the league season was extended into the midweek before the Scottish Cup Final. The last league games were supposed to be played on the Sunday but were moved back to the following Thursday night.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Season Extension? Not in my name says Uncle Wattie.

Interesting that Walter now thinks that extending the season is a bad idea. He claims that there is only one club that will benefit.

The difference between now and 2008 though is that every club has a fixtures backlog, whereas only one club had too many games to play then. So really what Walter is saying is that changes should only be made if they suit Rangers.

No one likes them, they don't care.

Testimonial Due
    Totally agree. He didn't get his own way last time so let's moan this time. Old firm as usual thinking of just themselves.

Like you say difference here is we are all affected. They wanted European glory so if that meant jepordising winning the league then thats the consequence.

If Hibernian were in Rangers' position, our manager would be doing the exact same as smith.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: aberhibsfc
    I listened to the interview, it was absolutely awful. He just kept repeating himself.

I think his media manipulating success has got the better of him and he now thinks the press will cow-tow to anything Sir-less Watty has to say. I don't think the interviewer had read the script and allowed Smith to mono-erce himself down an embarressing interview.

OF tw@t!!!!