hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next 5 games

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96

Next 5 games

How many points does everyone think we will get from the next 5 games?
    If we dont win the first 2 we are in massive trouble

Hamilton-

Aberdeen -

Dundee united-

Hearts -

Celtic-

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar

Left by mutual consent!
    I think these next 5 games are must win games

First Team Breakthrough Dunkin' Donut's Avatar
    point at best

We'll beat aberdeen and the romantic in me sees a win at the PBS.

6 points.

If we can't beat a Hamilton side that hasn't won a home game yet this season and is currently joint-bottom of the league and then one of the worst Aberdeen sides in living memory, that IS bottom of the league, then we probably deserve to be firm favourites for the drop.

I don't fancy our chances in the next three matches after that.

With Motherwell, Rangers and Dundee Utd (again) the next three fixtures after that, we could find ourselves in serious trouble by the end of January.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Le God View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We'll beat aberdeen and the romantic in me sees a win at the PBS.

6 points.
    Romantic? I'd section you

Every single one of these teams is capable of really turning us over, indeed the 2 percieved weakest have done so easily fairly recently (4 for Aberdeen last time out and 9 goals conceded in 2 fixtures at Hamilton recently) All week we heard players were straining at the leash to get going, could'nt wait for the Killie game etc (and this was also worryingly the mantra from CC), yet what do we get again, sub standard duds delivering another rank performance. We are in trouble, relegation is a distinct possibility, and John Hughes has left us in the worst position we have been in since the end of the 70's as regards players on the staff.

Can only hope that CC tells Petrie exactly what is required, demands backing and then empties at least a dozen players out the door in January, because what we need is a radical player clear out, not tinkering round the edges, this season is'nt about 'transition' or anything like it, it's about survival pure and simple, and nobody on here can say with any great conviction (or evidence) that we are better than any other team in the SPL right now, embarrassing and tragic.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Seriously, we are in bother. I'm sick of hearing players coming out
    saying a win can kick start us. It's fine saying that 6 or
    7 games in. Not as far in to the season as this though.

As someone else said we need bodies in January. Not one or two, six or seven out and six or seven in. It's scary how much the players seem to think it we're
    ok. Just need to try and scrape a few points together between now and january and hopefully we can get the required overhaul then. I personally hope
    the weather gets worse and a few of these games are off until in to the new year.

Despite my pessimism I didn't actually think we were that bad today. A hell of a lot of the game was played in their half. Until we stop losing the first goal in games things ain't going to change though.

I have absolutely NO confidence in CC and I wont hold my breath for a bid turnaround in results. I can't help feeling that the same fans who influenced Petrie to appoint the likes of Collins and Hughes are the same ones who prevented Petrie from appointing someone like Jimmy Calderwood, who I am totally convinced would have turned this club around quickly. Now we are lumbered with a mediocre at best manager who doesn't come across as having the personalty or intellect to sort the team out.

But lets not be too negative, eh? Maybe all the games will get cancelled until February, by which time Jones and Sproule will have rejoined the club along with a fantastic midfield playmaker and target man.

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    I have absolutely NO confidence in CC and I wont hold my breath for a bid turnaround in results. I can't help feeling that the same fans who influenced Petrie to appoint the likes of Collins and Hughes are the same ones who prevented Petrie from appointing someone like Jimmy Calderwood, who I am totally convinced would have turned this club around quickly. Now we are lumbered with a mediocre at best manager who doesn't come across as having the personalty or intellect to sort the team out.

But lets not be too negative, eh? Maybe all the games will get cancelled until February, by which time Jones and Sproule will have rejoined the club along with a fantastic midfield playmaker and target man.
    ehhhhhhh?

Let him get his own players in first before sticking the knife in....no?

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    It will be somewhere between 0-15 points. No one can predict Hibs results. We're as likely to win all games as we are likely to lose them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    It will be somewhere between 0-15 points. No one can predict Hibs results. We're as likely to win all games as we are likely to lose them.
    but probably much nearer tae zero

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Probably. Though I'd hope that St Mirren at home could be added in there we might have a better chance some more points.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    Not sure what order they will come in cause it's Hibs, but i'm thinking 8 if we can pick up our form.

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    Zero points we are rank rotten.....

We couldn't even beat Raith rovers at ER in a friendly with our first team game last week

We need a clear out...

We are soft away from home and will toil to beat anybody as we concede to many goals and we only score when Deek cracks in a wonder goal?

Working hard and running about is not good enough...i'm sure you could pick 11 guys from the hibs stands that would do that ever week for free..............

This is a relegation battle....

Petrie get it sorted in Jan of F off...................

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    And with that will come a battle at the bottom to stay in the league, zero points from our next five games is a possibility, wee leak goals every week from our defence, our midfield are very poor and have no creativity to get the the ball forward quickly, and upfront wee have Derek Riordan, but wee cant rely on him every week to get our goals, De Graff Rankin and Miller all wasted good chances today to put the ball in the back of the net.
    And with players contracts running out at the end of the season will they have the desire to keep us from being relegated in a dog fight at the bottom, i wouldn't bet on it.
    No kidding, Hibs FC are in a mess right now and if there is not an injection of cash from the Board in January wee could be in serious trouble from being relagated, if that was to happen and wee were to lose the 15 players at the end of the season, who would want to come to play for Hibs in the 1st Division, once again i will say it, the board have to back CC with some serious money in January to get us out of this mess or it could spell disaster for Hibs.

You can 16/1 on us going down.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    You can 16/1 on us going down.
    Sad thing to see us that low, but to be fair the bookies don't get in wrong to much...we have two 6pts ahead of us in our next two games as the only teams i think that are worse than us are aberdeen and hamilton......we'll no more by next sunday at 5pm....if we loose both that 16-1 will drop to about 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by SouthamptonHibs View Post
    Zero points we are rank rotten.....

We couldn't even beat Raith rovers at ER in a friendly with our first team game last week

We need a clear out...

We are soft away from home and will toil to beat anybody as we concede to many goals and we only score when Deek cracks in a wonder goal?

Working hard and running about is not good enough...i'm sure you could pick 11 guys from the hibs stands that would do that ever week for free..............

This is a relegation battle....

Petrie get it sorted in Jan of F off...................

Understand your frustration...bothers the hell out of me, too! What I can't get my head around is that's the same players (minus Riordan) that shat all over the Hun on the own patch a few weeks ago. Bit of a puzzle inside an enigma, no? Or does a fit Trakys make that hell of a difference? Funny old game, eh!

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalHibs View Post
    Understand your frustration...bothers the hell out of me, too! What I can't get my head around is that's the same players (minus Riordan) that shat all over the Hun on the own patch a few weeks ago. Bit of a puzzle inside an enigma, no? Or does a fit Trakys make that hell of a difference? Funny old game, eh!
    Trakys was fit for today, he should have started upfront with Deek.
    Wotherspoon was like a headless chicken today.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Trakys was fit for today, he should have started upfront with Deek.
    Wotherspoon was like a headless chicken today.
    ...but from what I saw of Trakys in the bounce game against Raith, he looked very much off the pace.

i agree by far the huns are the best team in scotland full of decent players ( i hate to say) but we go to there house and in all my years i've never seen anybody turn the old firm over at there own ground if they were guff. I think 3/4 years ago Dunfermline beat celts 1 nil at parkhead and went down but that must be about it....
    I belive the team are a bunch of imposters that don't love the jersey...we have Deek and murray who are for the cause and have class, Nish cares but is no good but the rest of them i'm not sure what or who they think they are....we r HIBERNIAN FC we as fans deserve a team on the park that wins more than losses due to the cash we put into the club....times r hard roll on Jan most r out of contract next year lets see if they can play for another club who has the facilities fan base and passion of us hibees...not many i guess

...but from what I saw of Trakys in the bounce game against Raith, he looked very much off the pace.
    So did most of the team today.

Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    Now we are lumbered with a mediocre at best manager who doesn't come across as having the personalty or intellect to sort the team out.
    How have you managed to make such a rigorous assessment of CC's intellect since he arrived?

Blog Entries
    And with that will come a battle at the bottom to stay in the league, zero points from our next five games is a possibility, wee leak goals every week from our defence, our midfield are very poor and have no creativity to get the the ball forward quickly, and upfront wee have Derek Riordan, but wee cant rely on him every week to get our goals, De Graff Rankin and Miller all wasted good chances today to put the ball in the back of the net.
    And with players contracts running out at the end of the season will they have the desire to keep us from being relegated in a dog fight at the bottom, i wouldn't bet on it.No kidding, Hibs FC are in a mess right now and if there is not an injection of cash from the Board in January wee could be in serious trouble from being relagated, if that was to happen and wee were to lose the 15 players at the end of the season, who would want to come to play for Hibs in the 1st Division, once again i will say it, the board have to back CC with some serious money in January to get us out of this mess or it could spell disaster for Hibs.
    My fear also. A lot of the players we are 'relying' on just now must realise that they could get the bum's rush in summer and adopt a 'stuff you' attitude to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    My fear also. A lot of the players we are 'relying' on just now must realise that they could get the bum's rush in summer and adopt a 'stuff you' attitude to the club.
    Wee have three players who care about this club, Deek, Nish and Murray, the rest couldn't give a toss.

Left by mutual consent!
    Wee have three players who care about this club, Deek, Nish and Murray, the rest couldn't give a toss.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Pl...~42696,00.html

Make that four.

5 points.

Probably beat Aberdeen, get a humping from Celtc and Hearts, plus 2 draws.