hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

Highlights of Hibs v Raith friendly on Hibs TV

There's highlights on Hibs TV of a friendly that was played at ER the other day.

Finished 0-0, but it was nice to see the team playing again.

Anyone who's watched it, can you work out our team? I can work out some players, but they don't all seem to be wearing their own numbers. I'm sure someone's wearing number 7.
    There are no names on the backs of the shirts so they could be anybody.

Can anyone help?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Saw Rankin try a squiggler Thought I also saw Zemmama (?) getting a shot off that went horribly wide... also Trakys missed a sitter but mind you, Raith missed an easy chance as well after Brown failed to cut out a cross. Looked like it was a first team Hibs line-up

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Green shorts?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saw Rankin try a squiggler Thought I also saw Zemmama (?) getting a shot off that went horribly wide... also Trakys missed a sitter but mind you, Raith missed an easy chance as well after Brown failed to cut out a cross. Looked like it was a first team Hibs line-up
    Unfortunately due to the sunshine you can't really see it, but Rankin's shot hits the junction of bar and post. T'was a good effort

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Unfortunately due to the sunshine you can't really see it, but Rankin's shot hits the junction of bar and post. T'was a good effort
    Was that Zemmama playing then, Billy?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Where was the game played ER/East Mains?

Easter Rd. Looks like there is about 4 feet of snow at East Mains.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalHibs View Post
    pretty sure it is.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMcGinn1 View Post
    pretty sure it is.
    'Sources' say it most certainly is Zouma
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Look's like him but the HTV stream is s**** as usual. Any chance in them bumping up the quality of their streams?

Was it Ze' that took the last shot on the stream?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMcGinn1 View Post
    pretty sure it is.
    That's what I thought at first, but I thought he was out for a few more weeks so thought that he'd probably not be doing a bounce game either.
    With the camera being further away than a normal match it's hard to identify everyone.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lewyhfc
    Thought we played well!

Blog Entries
    DR today says we also played St Johnstone & Fat Boab Malcolm played, for Saints fortunately!! Anyone with info on that game?

Game at Ravenscraig, everyone got 45 mins finished 2-1 to Hibs, Bryne & Wotherspoon scored in 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by CMac1988 View Post
    Look's like him but the HTV stream is s**** as usual. Any chance in them bumping up the quality of their streams?

Nae chance! hence the reason I wouldn't waste my money again subscribing to it, for a major club we sure have ****** PR and this should be enticing people to buy the product not drive them away, poor all round imo

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    I thought it was Thicot but stand to be corrected of course.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I thought it was Thicot but stand to be corrected of course.
    How bad is said stream?!

We looked Gash

Just sat and watched the Hibs Raith Rovers game at Easter Road the other day on Hibernian TV and it struck me how poor we looked. Granted no games for a few weeks etc but watching those highlights just reminded me not to get carried away with whatever we have to offer, just the way we played looked more hopefull than anything and got me thinking that compared to teams like Hearts and Motherwell we play with so little purpose at times its unreal. Im not having a go here but im glad I watched that cause its took my expectation levels right back down to what they should be based on watching Hibs this season. There was me thinking I cant wait to get back into after a few weeks off, eh back to reality me thinks.

Anyone else watch this, thoughts?

First Team Breakthrough
    I havent seen any of the match but I for one am disappointed if we lose/draw even in friendlies. We have to raise the standard be it in training, friendlies and ultimately on the pitch. Winning breeds winning even if it is in a bounce match!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Just sat and watched the Hibs Raith Rovers game at Easter Road the other day on Hibernian TV and it struck me how poor we looked. Granted no games for a few weeks etc but watching those highlights just reminded me not to get carried away with whatever we have to offer, just the way we played looked more hopefull than anything and got me thinking that compared to teams like Hearts and Motherwell we play with so little purpose at times its unreal. Im not having a go here but im glad I watched that cause its took my expectation levels right back down to what they should be based on watching Hibs this season. There was me thinking I cant wait to get back into after a few weeks off, eh back to reality me thinks.

Anyone else watch this, thoughts?
    True, but you have to put bounce games into context.

They are games to get some fitness and competitiveness back in to training, whilst at the same time not risking injuries or having the players blow themselves out prior to matchday Saturday.

Remember Raith are flying high in their league and I am quite sure John McGlynn and CC exchanged the old "let's play fair but not go diving in" type chat prior to the game. Makes no sense both sides going out all guns blazing. The purpose is to get players fit and match sharp for the competitive games.

Agreed it would be good to get into winning ways, whether it's friendlies or otherwise, but the positives are that Duffy and Zemmama are back training with the squad and big Trakys has shaken off his injury too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by helsbels View Post
    Game at Ravenscraig, everyone got 45 mins finished 2-1 to Hibs, Bryne & Wotherspoon scored in 2nd half.
    Thanks!! Byrne's back already then?

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Thanks!! Byrne's back already then?

No, not yet back in January, it was only a bounce game..

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    True, but you have to put bounce games into context.

They are games to get some fitness and competitiveness back in to training, whilst at the same time not risking injuries or having the players blow themselves out prior to matchday Saturday.

Remember Raith are flying high in their league and I am quite sure John McGlynn and CC exchanged the old "let's play fair but not go diving in" type chat prior to the game. Makes no sense both sides going out all guns blazing. The purpose is to get players fit and match sharp for the competitive games.

Agreed it would be good to get into winning ways, whether it's friendlies or otherwise, but the positives are that Duffy and Zemmama are back training with the squad and big Trakys has shaken off his injury too.

I agree you have to put them into context but I couldnt help feeling we looked poor against a team thats probably not played for as long if not longer than us. It doenst bother me too much TBH but kinda reminded me of how poor we have been and I had it in my head we were on the right road, silly me.

Good to see Zuma back tho, I think these bounce games are good and really usefull just would have expected us to put on a better performance, unless HI editied the silky soccer

Raith passed the ball about really well, Hibs were poor but as has been said above the main emphasis was on fitness and getting a run out.

Hibs played there strongest 11 1st half and mixed it up a bit in the 2nd.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    spoke to the wee man on sunday at the panto inside the famous five stand and asked him when he will be back playing , his reply , very soon
    GGTTH