hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

Bookies Report Irregular Betting On Red Card (merged)

On Motherwell v Hearts Game Last Night.

Breaking News on SSN.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Betting issues during hertz game

According to SSN the hertz game is being investigated fir betting patterns due to the red card last night!! Another nail in the spl's coffin

Left by mutual consent!
    Was never a penalty!

I demand a replay

point deduction!

Several bets on a red card at 10/1:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...853716?cc=5739

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by calmacuk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Several bets on a red card at 10/1:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...853716?cc=5739
    In Liverpool, Steve Jennings comes from Liverpool,
    hmmmm just hmmmmmm

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbill2002 View Post
    In Liverpool, Steve Jennings comes from Liverpool,
    hmmmm just hmmmmmm
    Maybe the ref's got pals in Liverpool...

Very interesting to hear from the ref what Jennings actually said.

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post

allegedly he accused the ref of cheating.

He also got booked early for a bad tackle.,,,

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post

Probably told him he had snaps of him and Dougie MacDonald in a compromising position, and if he didnae send him off, he was going tae the papers.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by son of haggart View Post
    allegedly he accused the ref of cheating.

He also got booked early for a bad tackle.,,,
    Wasn't it a straight red?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    Wasn't it a straight red?
    He was already on a yellow card but the sending off was a straight red.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Anyone else think Paw Broon smelled a rat and that was maybe why it was off then surprisingly back on?

It's a hertz game, im just shocked that the sending off wasnt for them!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Motherwell fans on their fans forum raging at the Ref. Also the suggestion that Jennings would be involved is ridiculous. Taking a risk staying on for 82 minutes. Could have been hooked by the Manager.
    My take on the situation is that this has always been an explosive fixture and the ref last night sent someone off as well at the weekend
    A couple of fans take a punt and get lucky!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by A Regulator View Post
    No smoke??
    That'll be because of the notice that runs the length of the roof of the Fir Park shed

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...1t:429,r:0,s:0

Can only concur, Dubious bets from Liverpool and Oh! Jennings he's from Liverpool.

I don't think it would have been brought to the Governing bodies attention normally....so the bookies must have lost a fair chunk of cash.

Possible player ban in the pipeline. allegedly

This has got to be a total carve up. Just by chance several new accounts were created from the liverpool area shortly before the match.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenhibby View Post
    Motherwell fans on their fans forum raging at the Ref. Also the suggestion that Jennings would be involved is ridiculous. Taking a risk staying on for 82 minutes. Could have been hooked by the Manager.
    My take on the situation is that this has always been an explosive fixture and the ref last night sent someone off as well at the weekend
    A couple of fans take a punt and get lucky!
    There was a lot of bets on said player to be sent off at 10/1 with a lot coming form in or around the liverpool area apparently, also there was meant to be a brand new accoutn created and 500 pound stuck on him with one bookies, would you open a new accoutn and stick 500 pound on a player to be sent of in a game? coupled with the fact 95% of liverpool would be unaware there was a game on

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    There was a lot of bets on said player to be sent off at 10/1 with a lot coming form in or around the liverpool area apparently, also there was meant to be a brand new accoutn created and 500 pound stuck on him with one bookies, would you open a new accoutn and stick 500 pound on a player to be sent of in a game? coupled with the fact 95% of liverpool would be unaware there was a game on
    Was he actually named in the bets? I thought that the bets were for a Motherwell player to be red carded.

How many similar scams could have been run over the years?

I was always suspicious of the 'Number of times Ross Chisholm pointed his finger somewhere in a match',' or 'Van Zanten passes straight to the opposition' over the last 5 years'. (lets leave Nish out of this).

Left by mutual consent! George Clooney's Avatar
    Jennings is a Scouse Scally who suffered damaged knee ligaments when he was on the wrong end of a hit and run incident outside his home when he played at Tranmere.

Maybe he did what he was told this time.

@hibs.net private member woodythehibee's Avatar
    Apparantly the Gambling Commission have noticed an irregular betting pattern across the SPL this season. I wonder what games/incidents could be under suspicion...

- Source, SSN

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by woodythehibee View Post
    Apparantly the Gambling Commission have noticed an irregular betting pattern across the SPL this season. I wonder what games/incidents could be under suspicion...

- Source, SSN
    Theres been quite a few irrelgular performances from us since this time last year.....I saw Colin Nish and Ian Murray having coffee and cake in Costa, in this harsh economic climate......coincedence?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Was he actually named in the bets? I thought that the bets were for a Motherwell player to be red carded.
    Not something I bet on but surely 10/1 for a player to be sent off is brilliant odds?!?! Surely with those odds it must have been for a named player to be sent off.

As I say I dont bet on that sort of thing so dont know, but if 10/1 are the sort of odds for a player getting sent off in a game, I have been betting on the wrong things.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by A Regulator View Post
    Call me synical but he had it in his power to make sure A Motherwell player got a red. From the little I've read on here I'm surprised anyone believes It's a coincidence.
    I'll call you synical if you like but its not a real word. Cynical is though.

Am I reading this right and you're suggesting its the ref who has been dodgy? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by TwoCarpets View Post
    I'll call you synical if you like but its not a real word. Cynical is though.

Am I reading this right and you're suggesting its the ref who has been dodgy? Seriously?
    That had crossed my mind earlier. Then I remembered that referees in the SPL are never seen to be "dodgy."

Queue Neil Lennon

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: aberhibsfc
    Don't mean to be controversial but given the way events transpired, if anyone was taking action to influence this bet I'd put my money on the Ref

Not what Scottish football needs given all the recent carry on. Refs, weather, league reconstruction, crappy tv deals, economic downturn, it's all positive stuff.

I think the authorities are right to be looking to restructure, but 10 teams, what a crock. If they go with SPL1 & SPL 2, it's to maximise revenue at the top and steal revenue from the SFL. It's a joke, not to mention extremely boring. I am all for a top 16 then whatever structure fits below as a pyramid. Fearful to open the trap door as in England as their is not a wealth of teams that can come in eg Blue Square etc and the teams leaving would be erradicated. I'd go for a top 16 and progress the play off situation, this would allow the SPL to court the TV companies with a less monotonous schedule and the added opportunity to sell play-off games which make entertaining games.

Problem for me with a top 10 is not just the over famliarity of teams, it gets back to the scenario where youngsters are even less likely to feature as the league would be too tight, especially if two teams can be relegated. This would be a nightmare as clubs have already hammered youth development by killing off the reserve league. I think the lower leagues could benefit from the bigger clubs having B teams. This would allow youngsters to develop in competitive matches reducing the risk of blooding them in the first team. It would also help generate revenue for the teams in the lower divisions facing the B teams.

Another factor is the old firm, they would be able to bully 8 teams easier than another 10 or 14. Also 3 points a win in a ten team league means you haven't the luxury of playing so called lesser teams to rack up some points. You would be playing '7' other teams roughly the same strength. Take for example you lose all your Old Firm games which most teams in the SPL do. In this scenario you would lose 18 points as opposed to 12 points playing them twice, in a top ten it's more like six pointers a game than 3.

Does anyone speak to the fans? Read a report today saying that only 50% of clubs revenue come from the gate, so TV money that's the other big contributor, who do they think's paying for that, non-football fans? One last point, it annoys me that in this day and age where the Governement tries to prevent customers from dealing with monopolies that Sky and ESPN got away with colluding, thus removing the bidding process and losing the SPL money, our clubs. When they can take supermarkets to court during the milk price fixing how do TV companies get away with this, it's not exactly a big secret. It annoys me that the amount of money picked up by Sky in Scotland is used to support the vast sums of money pumped into the EPL. I don't expect that we should be getting us much as them, however they have created our footballing wilderness. You get what you pays for, while they are pumping millions into the EPL they are giving us peanuts which means we cant improve the product and they can control the price. In the full knowledge the people will pick this up as part of their sports package. They are not interested in supporting the development of our product, more likely they just like lumping it on as cheap filler to their main event. The bums!!!

Oh yeah, bet fixing, apologies got a bit carried away there. Well, i understand that this situation may require a wee look at to make sure there's no nonsense involved. What the bodies should recognise is 1 - Hearts we're playing, a team with one of the most ingrained disciplinary issues going and 2 - The bookies accepted the bet in the first place, a £500 bet for a sending off a bit eyebrow raising to begin with anyway. But if they didn't have to pay out they'd quite happily keep hovering up the credits.

The betting industry have created this animal, in their attempts to generate more and more events to bet on their greed is opening them up for this kind of situation.

The End.
    Last edited by aberhibsfc; 16-12-2010 at 03:24 PM.

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs13681 View Post
    Not something I bet on but surely 10/1 for a player to be sent off is brilliant odds?!?! Surely with those odds it must have been for a named player to be sent off.

As I say I dont bet on that sort of thing so dont know, but if 10/1 are the sort of odds for a player getting sent off in a game, I have been betting on the wrong things.
    You're right, 10/1 for any player to be sent off is way over priced. The 10/1 quoted referred to any Motherwell player to be sent off, not any player from either side, as has been mis-reported in the media.

Bookmakers, including BlueSq, generally offer about 7/2 for any red card.

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberSauzee View Post
    You're right, 10/1 for any player to be sent off is way over priced. The 10/1 quoted referred to any Motherwell player to be sent off, not any player from either side, as has been mis-reported in the media.

Bookmakers, including BlueSq, generally offer about 7/2 for any red card.
    Will they give 'Nish to fall over' odds?

This type of betting has also turned up recently in Cricket. The bookies are partly to blame for creating situations where one player could 'fix' the result. I thought a couple of Motherwell players were very mouthy in that game.