hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

Hamilton v Hibs OFF (merged)

What chances are there of them being on, do you reckon?

Inverness and United's games I seriously doubt, Celtic might make it and the rest are a lottery. Hope the Hamilton game's on as it's the only one I can realistically make till the 29th.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Hope it goes ahead but with temperatures not expected to get any better this coming week, I would think it will be off again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What chances are there of them being on, do you reckon?

Inverness and United's games I seriously doubt, Celtic might make it and the rest are a lottery. Hope the Hamilton game's on as it's the only one I can realistically make till the 29th.
    does any one know when the hibs st.mirren game will be

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    does any one know when the hibs st.mirren game will be
    15th and 16th of dec i think there due to be replayed wether that happens or not who knows

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    The Huns are already having a wee temper tantrum about their rescheduled game against United being played 'close to Christmas'.

Any idea when the rest of them are being rescheduled?

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Im meant to be going thru to Hamilton so I really hope so

If you look at the current 5 day forecast, the temperatures are supposed to increase from Thursday/Friday, with daytime temperatures forecast to be above zero.

However, I would take forecasts with a pinch of salt. Up until a few hours ago, there was no serious snowfall forecast for tomorrow and now the BBC 5 day forecast is for heavy snow tomorrow morning/lunchtime in central Scotland.

I think we should really wait until Wednesday night/Thursday morning before seeing what the forecast is.

With nighttime temperatures supposed to dip down to as low as -8 or -9 over the next couple of days, ice could be the biggest problem, although I don't expect the snow to be as bad as last week.

Ithink we had a fair bit of snow last year around this time at new douglass park. the surrounding area was cleared not too bad ,considering the temp. iirc. I'm confident it will be on (he says tongue in cheek)

after anthony stokes outburst in the paper wouldnt suprise me if refs go on strike again

If Hamilton v Hibs & St Mirren v St Johnstone are both off could they not arrange the Hibs v St Mirren game for this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooner Hibby View Post
    after anthony stokes outburst in the paper wouldnt suprise me if refs go on strike again
    Didn't hear about that, what did he say?

Even better, got a link?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Im meant to be going thru to Hamilton so I really hope so
    funny that.... So am i!!

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post

Even better, got a link?
    Might be the comment on page 2 of this Scotsman interview

"we've watched DVDs of four or five Rangers games and Rangers players are going in and snapping Celtic players and there is never a yellow card"

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/I...?articlepage=1

Even better, got a link?
    it was in yesterdays sunday mail

hope games are off as that would mean hearts have no home games until new years day. nae cash flow and hopefully mare problems.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Even better, got a link?
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/footbal...6908-22763195/
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Will Saturdays match go ahead?

As it says on the tin. Im guessing the pitch will be fine but as it was on Saturday, the problem could be the suroundings.

Weird SPL decision

To decide to play this weekends fixtures is rather odd when you consider that last weekend was wiped out due to probably just as bad weather. However, this week the roads are WORSE, our main national road trunk is partially closed and the temperatures are at all time lows - But its decided that we can play this weekend! So how the f k could we not play last weekend? Typical panicking suited smelly weegie bigwig fuds! Only in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia Na Eir View Post
    To decide to play this weekends fixtures is rather odd when you consider that last weekend was wiped out due to probably just as bad weather. However, this week the roads are WORSE, our main national road trunk is partially closed and the temperatures are at all time lows - But its decided that we can play this weekend! So how the f k could we not play last weekend? Typical panicking suited smelly weegie bigwig fuds! Only in Scotland.
    The roads are worse just now but the games are due to be played on Saturday. The forecast for the next few days is for "milder" weather.

Today -7
    Thursday 3
    Friday 7
    Saturday 5

So the correct decision and IMHO I think the SPL have handled this very well (so far). They called off the games last weekend well in advance gaving fans the chance to cancel plans etc.

@hibs.net private member
    I hope the game is ok to go ahead this weekend, as according to the forecasts the weather is to get even worse next week and the week after. It might be our only game for a while.

Hamilton V Hibs game under threat !!

According to BBC Sport Saturdays game is under threat as Hamilton cannot access fuel to use on the undersoil heating.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nooooooo I need my Hibs fix

Quote Originally Posted by IFONLY View Post
    According to BBC Sport Saturdays game is under threat as Hamilton cannot access fuel to use on the undersoil heating.
    I think it will be off...... Are you concerned about the motorway conditions for the supporter's bus Tsm?

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    There's a bit of a thaw due over the next three days (before the snow returns gain Tuseday/Wednesday ) so it should be ok for then, IMO.
    Personally not bothered about it going ahead and hope it is re-scheduled for February or later.

Quote Originally Posted by RoxburghHibs View Post
    The roads are worse just now but the games are due to be played on Saturday. The forecast for the next few days is for "milder" weather.

Today -7
    Thursday 3
    Friday 7
    Saturday 5

So the correct decision and IMHO I think the SPL have handled this very well (so far). They called off the games last weekend well in advance gaving fans the chance to cancel plans etc.
    i'd easily say that the streets into and around ER were better last weekend than they are now so im assuming other grounds would be the same.

The SPL, like the govt, have panicked. I reckon the games will be on this Sat, no matter the weather. So last weekends call-offs were a waster of time (and BIG money)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by IFONLY View Post
    Depends what happens in the next few days but I have no confidence in the Scottish government to do anything positive about the state of the roads

Bit difficult to see what exactly they can do about 2-3 inches of solid ice on a motorway. We can girn all we like - people know what needs to be done but the men, machinery and resources simply aren't in place to meet the demand. Something to do with the shift to private contractors being responsible for raod-clearing as opposed to the local authorities? And too many people listening to too much guff about global warming....

As far as the Hamilton game goes, roads in North Lanarkshire are pretty appalling right now, so I wouldn't hold my breath. IF the weekend thaw comes, fine; but there's a lot of white stuff to be shifted before life gets back to normal....

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Is it really so terrible that a game of football is put off for a few weeks?

Folk are dying because of the weather.

If the decision was mine, I wouldn't risk someone getting hurt for the sake of providing 90 minutes entertainment for a tiny percentage of the country's population.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!