hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Pools Panel

Pools Panel

On the pools panel Hibs were awarded a home win, whilst the yams were beaten so to speak.....

What exactly is the point of a pools panel, as the games have to occur anyway, and I can't get my head around some guys in an office saying home win, or even a no score draw was mentioned?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the pools panel Hibs were awarded a home win, whilst the yams were beaten so to speak.....

What exactly is the point of a pools panel, as the games have to occur anyway, and I can't get my head around some guys in an office saying home win, or even a no score draw was mentioned?
    An old badger like me can remember the days before the pools panel and the pools was huge in em pre lottery and fixed odds days.

Some weeks you maybe had 45 or 50 of the games postponed.

To make it a better bet the PP was introduced, you could hardly wait weeks or months for the games to be played.

It was and probably still is a bit off a con, there was never going to be a lot of score draws predicted by the panel as Littlewoods always wanted millionaire pay outs.

My parents used to let me have a bet on Littlewoods and I always used to go for the four aways. If the pp was in operation they always threw a few wobblers in to defeat entries in the 8 homes as well as the 4 aways.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar

Is it no for the pools? Clue's in the question, really.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    An old badger like me can remember the days before the pools panel and the pools was huge in em pre lottery and fixed odds days.

Some weeks you maybe had 45 or 50 of the games postponed.

To make it a better bet the PP was introduced, you could hardly wait weeks or months for the games to be played.

It was and probably still is a bit off a con, there was never going to be a lot of score draws predicted by the panel as Littlewoods always wanted millionaire pay outs.

My parents used to let me have a bet on Littlewoods and I always used to go for the four aways. If the pp was in operation they always threw a few wobblers in to defeat entries in the 8 homes as well as the 4 aways.
    Cheers Jock.....

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Is it no for the pools? Clue's in the question, really.
    Aye I know its for the pools, but Jock has explained it in laymans terms for me (although I am still not really any the wiser)

Aye I know its for the pools, but Jock has explained it in laymans terms for me (although I am still not really any the wiser)
    The innocence of youth mate.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Shirley can't have been a con when an upstanding goalie like Ronnie Simpson was on it!

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    How did ra Celtc get on ?

If they did'nt get a win will Reid demand an inquiry, will sackings be demanded, will it be due to anti-catholic bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    How did ra Celtc get on ?

If they did'nt get a win will Reid demand an inquiry, will sackings be demanded, will it be due to anti-catholic bigotry.

They won 3-0, got 5 penalties and two Aberdeen players were sent off. That should keep them quiet for a while but I heard they were unhappy that Rangers were awarded a win.