hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jamie Langfield out of contract

Would you like to see him at easter road next season him and brown fighting it out for the jersey?think his wage would be high tho.watched the game on alba

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    not any better than what we've got imo

No thank you!!!

@hibs.net private member Don Giovanni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cam75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you like to see him at easter road next season him and brown fighting it out for the jersey?think his wage would be high tho.watched the game on alba
    No thanks. Frankly, he's not very good. He has 'earned' the nickname "Clangers".

In Brown we have a solid, steady 'keeper (finally!).

Langfield wouldn't get a look in IMO.

Cause our current 5 plus keepers of various ages isn't enough?

is this the small goalie at aberdeen ?? if it is, what kind of idiot thinks he will do a job for hibs ? have you any idea what we have had to put up with over the past years. You think i would want a midget, aberdeen goalkeeper to play in the goals for hibs ??

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    He would be 4th choice if he came to hibs IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    is this the small goalie at aberdeen ?? if it is, what kind of idiot thinks he will do a job for hibs ? have you any idea what we have had to put up with over the past years. You think i would want a midget, aberdeen goalkeeper to play in the goals for hibs ??
    He's 6ft 4?

Please stay away from mind altering substances before you post. Or are you Mark McGhee in disguise. Or are you just a comedian testing out one joke from your new stand up routine. Jamie Langfield I would rather have all my teeth removed without a jag ( sorry canny spell anaesthetic )

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    He would be 4th choice if he came to hibs IMHO
    Don't want him, as mentioned earlier you don't get called Clangers for nothing.

However if he was to come he would probably be second choice as by that time Stack and Smith will be out of contract with no chance of a new one with us.

We would be better signing Bonnie Langfield than that accident waiting to happen..NO

@hibs.net private member
    Brown is doing fine. There are more pressing areas of the team that need addressed long before the GK position

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    This surely cant be serious, Clangers? Theres a reason hes called that!

Jamie Langfield? No, no and no again.

This is a guy who is just aout managing to stay in the Aberdeen team ahead of Mark Howard, one of the worst goalkeepers i have ever seen. A guy who has been lower in the pecking order than such goalkeeping legends as Derek Soutar and David Preece in his time at Aberdeen. He is hopeless.

Again just to be clear, would i like to see Langfield at ER? NO.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doug2 View Post
    We would be better signing Bonnie Langfield than that accident waiting to happen..NO

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    we have a history of killing keepers with a decent cv when they arrive what chance does a boy called clangers who is by all accounts a bit of a bam have
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Quote Originally Posted by fatbloke View Post
    Please stay away from mind altering substances before you post. Or are you Mark McGhee in disguise. Or are you just a comedian testing out one joke from your new stand up routine. Jamie Langfield I would rather have all my teeth removed without a jag ( sorry canny spell anaesthetic )
    Did i say i would have him at easter road at any point BTW he is a steady keeper and was linked with going to ibrox last season as number 2 he is out of contract and will move on,if you dont like my post dont reply.

We have 4 keepers on the books just now that could perhaps play 1st team football but IMO Flynn is probably still a bit too young, Smith is an accident waiting to happen and Stack is never fit. No doubt Brown is doing well but I think Langfield would be a better no 2 than anyone else at the club just now.
    We could only sign him if we shipped out Smith and Stack and he was willing to be a mid-wage earner as we couldn't go giving a fringe player £3k a week.

toiling for strikers so lets bring another keeper in

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs

Did i say i would have him at easter road at any point BTW he is a steady keeper and was linked with going to ibrox last season as number 2 he is out of contract and will move on,if you dont like my post dont reply.
    No he isnt, he has howlers all the time! He messed up on both goals yesterday, the first pushing the ball into the middle of the goal and then giving away the pen.

must apologise for my post, had had a few sherries last night and was a tad el reekio....if jamie langfield is 6 4 ive no idea who he is, thus my post above is not only a tad offensive but also factually incorrect.

apologies to the op..

Jamie Langfield

Is the goalkeeping equivelent of Alan Preston as a "Football Pundit"

would rather have maka back

Not a fan of the guy as a player, but also he was transferr listed a few years ago for drunken behaviour. I would hope this is the type of behaviour that we're trying to get rid of. Deeks seems to be calming down, hopefully fatherhood having a good affect on him, grof has been emptied, stokes sold.....in fact its been a while since I've read of any Hibs players being out causing bother.

So all in all, no thanks lol

@hibs.net private member
    Would you like to see him at easter road next season him and brown fighting it out for the jersey?
    if you dont like my post dont reply.
    I think you'll find that you asked for views in your opening post. If you don't like hearing people's views, don't ask.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Could be useful as a number two maybe IMO. Think CC should bullet Smith as he is *****, and think Stack should be punted as he is to injury prone and is costing money while giving nothing in return.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Coaching Staff
    NO NO NO NO a thousand times NO

A wee lesson for life here. If you don't like the answer then don't ask the question.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Given where Aberdeen are in the league, clean sheets are what they are looking for even if that means a run of 0-0's to pick up points and then the odd 1-0's here and there. If the Dons are not already making moves to keep him then 'nuff said. On the original thread topic though, when you look at what we saw yesterday, a thread about us needing a 'keeper has made me laugh out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbloke View Post
    A wee lesson for life here. If you don't like the answer then don't ask the question.
    Never said i did not like the answer just asked if you would like to see langfield at Er next season then you state im on drugs ?wtf that is the point were you got my back up?
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 29-11-2010 at 09:08 PM. Reason: quote fixed