hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is that the worst game of football you have ever been to?

Could be for me

Hibs were terrible

St Johnstone were terrible

The lack of quality in the SPL is just horrible.

If you were asked to go and watch that again tomorrow for free with the same players on offer would you?

It used to be the case that even if Hibs were crap and getting horsed there were players of some ability on the park from either or both sides you could watch and they would dull the pain a bit.

I cant think of one domestic player home or opposition I have watched this year that made me sit up and think, God that was brilliant.

To be honest most of my time at ER this season has been spent wishing I was somewhere else.

I have very limited free time and am increasingly turning up at ER thinking what a waste of the free time I have available that was.

I have supported Hibs for over 40 years and dont think I have ever been as disinterested as I am now, not just with Hibs but with the Scottish Football domestic and international in its entirety.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorburn1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could be for me

Hibs were terrible

If you were asked to go and watch that again tomorrow for free with the same players on offer would you?

It used to be the case that even if Hibs were crap and getting horsed there were players of some ability on the park from either or both sides you could watch and they would dull the pain a bit.

I cant think of one domestic player home or opposition I have watched this year that made me sit up and think, God that was brilliant.

To be honest most of my time at ER this season has been spent wishing I was somewhere else.

I have very limited free time and am increasingly turning up at ER thinking what a waste of the free time I have available that was.

I have supported Hibs for over 40 years and dont think I have ever been as disinterested as I am now, not just with Hibs but with the Scottish Football domestic and international in its entirety.
    In Bertie Aulds time, what I have just watched would have been known as highlights

Blog Entries
    bit of a tactical stalemate...defo seen much worse sadly...some good defensive play on show...just bugger all going forward of any note

Totally agree with everything that you have said there and to answer your question, no I wouldn't go to a replay of that match tomorrow, even if I was paid to go, never mind free admission.

Scottish football is in a very bad place at the minute and the state that we, in particular, find ourselves in is even worse.

With no Riordan we have next to no goal threat in the side and with no Zemmama we have next to no creativity in the side either. With no goals or creativity, you are always going to struggle.

I don't enjoy going to the football these days and I have continually felt that way for the past couple of seasons, pretty much without exception. I am really saddened that I feel that way because watching Hibs is such a major part of my life and I used to really look forward to my next Hibs match and it couldn't come round quickly enough.

I don't blame the players that we currently have because I can't accuse them of lacking effort. The simple fact is they are just not good enough.

To answer the question in the thread title, today's match is certainly one of the worst games of football I have been to.

Nowhere near it I'm afraid to say

Was pretty bad - the game is being shown on TV again and I really don't want to watch it.

Take away the great stadium we have and if that had been down at Inverleith Park I probably would have thought this isn't the best.

The quality on display just can't be justified by the prices people pay right now - that's the worst thing.

As Hibs fans I don't think you should ever boo your own players but you see fans frustrations when they have to watch a performance like that from Nish when people are spending their well earned money to come out and sit in the cold.

I will keep saying it but Scottish Football has real problems and people stuck in the bubble within Scotland really can't see it fully. Major change is needed to freshen it up at all levels.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 27-11-2010 at 06:43 PM.

for the fisrst time ever in 30 odd years i left at half time - could see what was happening and was bloody freezing...cut to black bull great juke and a wee beer or two

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Totally agree with everything that you have said there and to answer your question, no I wouldn't go to a replay of that match tomorrow, even if I was paid to go, never mind free admission.

Scottish football is in a very bad place at the minute and the state that we, in particular, find ourselves in is even worse.

With no Riordan we have next to no goal threat in the side and with no Zemmama we have next to no creativity in the side either. With no goals or creativity, you are always going to struggle.

I don't enjoy going to the football these days and I have continually felt that way for the past couple of seasons, pretty much without exception. I am really saddened that I feel that way because watching Hibs is such a major part of my life and I used to really look forward to my next Hibs match and it couldn't come round quickly enough.

I don't blame the players that we currently have because I can't accuse them of lacking effort. The simple fact is they are just not good enough.

To answer the question in the thread title, today's match is certainly one of the worst games of football I have been to.
    You've never got a good word to say about Hibs have you?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I blame the foreign refs, it takes a good Scottish ref to add that bit of unexpected drama to spice up the Scottish game.

'S' Form
    I didnt enjoy it to be honest, but I have seen a lot worse both North and South of the border.

The standard in the SPL is rather poor at the minute and we are not having the best of seasons, but we are getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    I blame the foreign refs, it takes a good Scottish ref to add that bit of unexpected drama to spice up the Scottish game.

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Could be for me

Hibs were terrible

And how did you feel two weeks ago after we had trounced the Hun at their own pit?

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Hibee View Post
    Was pretty bad - the game is being shown on TV again and I really don't want to watch it.

Take away the great stadium we have and if that had been down at Inverleith Park I probably would have thought this isn't the best.

The quality on display just can't be justified by the prices people pay right now - that's the worst thing.

As Hibs fans I don't think you should ever boo your own players but you see fans frustrations when they have to watch a performance like that from Nish when people are spending their well earned money to come out and sit in the cold.

I will keep saying it but Scottish Football has real problems and people stuck in the bubble within Scotland really can't see it fully. Major change is needed to freshen it up at all levels.
    Why pick on Nish? He was on a hiding to nothing the way the team was set up. Long balls punted up to him with no support. Unfortunately Yogi has left us with a legacy of no pace and no width and Calderwood has a mammoth task in front of him turning that lot into an attractive team to watch..

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    You've never got a good word to say about Hibs have you?
    Where has that come from?

I don't believe I make any criticism of Hibs that is ever unreasonable and when something good happens at the club, I am only too happy to talk about it.

I can only assume that you have me mixed up with someone else because I can't imagine where you got the idea that I never have anything good to say about Hibs from.

Unfortunately, over the past year, there haven't been many positive things to speak about as far as on-field matters are concerned.

First Team Breakthrough scotty1875's Avatar
    Could be for me

Hibs were terrible

Don't disagree with a word you said. That;s how I feel too

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrebus View Post
    And how did you feel two weeks ago after we had trounced the Hun at their own pit?

Relieved, surprised and delighted would be the main emotions.

And you?

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    I've been to loads worse than that

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    I've been to loads worse than that
    Same here. Though that said, the scoreline made the game sound more exciting than it really was. Both sides were lucky to get nil...

First Team Breakthrough jackhfc's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jackhfc PSN ID: rajpuss
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeesdude View Post
    for the fisrst time ever in 30 odd years i left at half time - could see what was happening and was bloody freezing...cut to black bull great juke and a wee beer or two
    This truly saddens me, maybe if it was 5-0 st Johnston at half time i'd excuse you, but leaving at half time with the score 0-0, and still with 11 men on the park is just a tad 'dickish' IMO

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    Same here. Though that said, the scoreline made the game sound more exciting than it really was. Both sides were lucky to get nil...
    Other than the 12th man guys, good on them! it was just so flat an atmosphere, so predictable from very early on that it would be 0-0 and just so lacking in quality.

Hughes has left Hibs in one hell of a mess, there hasnt been any anticipation this season IMO that if it were going tits up, you bring someone on from the bench to change the game.

Oh for a Benji, Sproule or someone of that ilk.

Not sure whether to be worried or happy about the subs used.

IMO it looked like a clear shoring up exercise to hold onto a point, but maybe thats all the personnel available had to offer?

Should we view this a foretaste of what's to come, hanging on for a draw at home to the mighty St J's or should we be happy CC has the nous to take something from a game we could easily have thrown away.

I really dont know what to make of it at this stage

Quote Originally Posted by jackhfc View Post
    This truly saddens me, maybe if it was 5-0 st Johnston at half time i'd excuse you, but leaving at half time with the score 0-0, and still with 11 men on the park is just a tad 'dickish' IMO
    Not getting involved in the 'don't leave early debate' but I wish I had left at half time today too. It was brutal entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by hibeesdude View Post
    Liking the avatar

Have just watched it on Alba and I thought it was a case of each team cancelling the other out with few highlights for either side.

Let's face it, both teams were missing influential players and I honestly didn't think we were bad defensively. The midfield didn't have much creativity and as for the strikers, when you stick Nish up there by himself it just ain't going to work.

I'm sure the Baltic conditions didn't improve matters from the viewing perspective and I have sympathy for those who sat through the 90 minutes in those conditions.

I have certainly seen much worse performances from Hibs but that is easy to say from the comfort of my armchair in a warm house and I agree that it was a boring game to watch.

Today was never going to be easy due to our lack of striking options and I can't see things improving much till we get players back from injury and reach the transfer window. Let's just hope that CC has identified which players need to be replaced and that he has targets in mind.

First Team Breakthrough
    It's gotta be up there

Not the worst game ever, but easily the worst game this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny1875 View Post
    It's gotta be up there
    or down there ?

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave62 View Post
    Not the worst game ever, but easily the worst game this season.
    Don't be silly. How many games have you seen this season?

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Spent a lot of today's game keeping tabs on the tennis and rugby while cursing Orange's rubbish data coverage in the new east (too few phone masts for the number of phones IMHO).

Over the last season or so I find myself spending time texting friends during games etc. It's almost like I'm just showing face. I really hope this changes soon but I can't see it happening. Will still go though.

Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    Don't be silly. How many games have you seen this season?
    All the home games.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave62 View Post
    All the home games.
    Ok, so you mean worst home game. So what about the derby?