hibs.net Messageboard

Substitutions today?

I would agree with nish being subbed but miller and murray being subbed for wotherspoon and stevenson were pretty strange. Seemed like it was just change for changes sake and a little annoying cause miller was having a decent 5-10 minutes before he was taken off.
    Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Nid's knee in those kind of temperatures won't stand 90 mintues

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by A Regulator View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Murray must have been injured as he was our best player. Miller was having a lack of confidence day and I kind of thought when he was hooked that it might shake him up a bit cos I do rate him. Nish doesn't count because he's insignificant apart from the fact that I can't stand the sight of him in a Hibs shirt.

me neither and he should have been embarrassed to be replaced by a 19 yr old centre half and have him contribute more to the game. but cheering him being replaced is not the way to get his confidence back

Blog Entries
    Murray must have been injured as he was our best player. Miller was having a lack of confidence day and I kind of thought when he was hooked that it might shake him up a bit cos I do rate him. Nish doesn't count because he's insignificant apart from the fact that I can't stand the sight of him in a Hibs shirt.
    I think Murray went off because the shape changed to a 4-3-3 which didnt allow for a player in that holding role. He did have a good game though.

Bamba looked pissed when he saw Murray was going off - throwing his hands up in the air...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    What? What's he going to do when he's got his confidence back? He's awful.. I can't think of one single redeeming feature. Even the way he walks annoys me!
    i aint a Nish fan - far from it. I don't think he is worthy of the jersey. but personally I don't like booin our own player. just my opinion likes

Nid's was a strange one, I'd like to hear the explanation for it. How Rankin stayed on for 90 mins is beyond me.

Nish? How woeful was that guy today?

Left by mutual consent!
    Brown and Grounds distibution today were abysmal.

Bamba and Dickoh done ok.

Midfield was evened out by St J's

Nish was terrible. Stephens done more in the first 5 minutes on the park than Colin did all game.

The ref done well

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyS View Post
    i aint a Nish fan - far from it. I don't think he is worthy of the jersey. but personally I don't like booin our own player. just my opinion likes
    i along with others shouted ffs nish when he kept falling over/losing the ball but sat in silence when he was subbed.some folk must think booing our only avaliable striker will somehow benefit the team.

I'd love to know what constantly booing our only fit striker aims to achieve?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    I'd love to know what constantly booing our only fit striker aims to achieve?
    Is he fit for purpose?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    Nid's knee in those kind of temperatures won't stand 90 mintues
    5 mins before he was subbed when he chased a defensive ball back into our LB area I said he was 'blowing out his backside' and wouldn't last (he has been like this in most games since his injury) better he is replaced having given a good shift than making errors late on / breaking down. Miller was also losing his battle in midfield having done OK..so changes were needed..

10 in midfield with 2 teams playing defensive 4-5-1's most of the game was always going to make it scrappy at times in there..

The positive...we never looked like losing

Thought the fans reaction to Nish going off today was way OTT - each to their own though - but not the way I like to back my team.

In saying that, thought young Stephens was a revelation up front. Maybe Calderwood has seen something in him and is trying to convert him. A positive move imo based on that showing today. Well done young David.