hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leigh Griffiths

Leigh Griffiths

It will have been talked about. Spoken about. Dismissed.

This is my first post and I hope nobody shoots me.

He played for the same juvenille club as my mates brother and was in the west at the hearts game. I can quote him saying, "yes I want to sign for Hibs." He has always loved Hibs as well and I will need to check but he may have played in Lee Currie's team when he knew my mate.

Thanks and I think £250,000 would be enough. Mr Peatrie would you please?

2. Log in to remove the advert

This incessant talk of Griffiths has become pretty damn boring....

Of course he'd want to come to ER. A huge step up for him professionally.

But I'm not so sure he's worth 250K... Is he THAT prolific in the poor First Division?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    how you doin leigh and if you want to get a deal from sir rod you will have to call him mr petrie not peatrie

Yep I will try that! Just thought I would post with it to explain what I knew.

Not sure if Nish would enjoy this signing.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    how you doin leigh and if you want to get a deal from sir rod you will have to call him mr petrie not peatrie

"Mr Petrie"

Must always begin with capitals and be within quotation marks.

If you were ever working in the Administration department at ER and had to send an urgent letter to "Mr Petrie", you'd be sacked in an instant..... unless of course you are good value for money.

Just a spelling mistake, be nice to stay on topic.

I think Leigh Griffiths is a good player though, even the football manager researchers think so as he develops well. Everton are quoted saying they use fm to discover new players as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post

"Mr Petrie"

Must always begin with capitals and be within quotation marks.

If you were ever working in the Administration department at ER and had to send an urgent letter to "Mr Petrie", you'd be sacked in an instant..... unless of course you are good value for money.
    caps button is goosed just waiting on ebay sending me my shiny new one

Quote Originally Posted by Leishy1995 View Post

He played for the same juvenille club as my mates brother and was in the west at the hearts game. I can quote him saying, "yes I want to sign for Hibs." He has always loved Hibs as well and I will need to check but he may have played in Lee Currie's team when he knew my mate.

Been done hundreds o times mate ..you have really just posted a nothing story ..we know he is a hibbie who wants to play for hibs ..however first & foremost he is a footballer & like many nowadays he will prob go to the biggest paymaster ..that would prob rule us out ..

Decent enough player but i wouldnt lose any sleep if he didnt sign for us ..im sure CC will know who he wants come the transfer window ..

I see your point but he has turned down hearts saying he wanted to sign for us.

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo

Hi Leigh

Would be a quality signing and Dundee are that hard up for cash that we could offer them a glass bottle to get 30p back and they'd take it

First Team Regular steviecarnie's Avatar

i knew eventually someone would make a story out of the fact he was at the derby.

i dont think i'm the only one, but to me hibs aint interested in Leigh, im pretty sure darren jackson, would have atleast made enquiries to hibs position at somepoint over the last year, but im told by reliable source that no club has come in for leigh, last january or over the summer.

I was a few years older at Leith when Leigh and Lee were playing in the same team. They absolutely ripped it up at that level, Leigh used to score a ridiculous amount.

@hibs.net private member
    I don't know that much about Griffiths but from the reports I've heard he's exactly the sort of player I'd like to see Hibs investing in - ie. up and coming quality.

The fact he's a Hibby shouldn't make all that much difference but it WOULD make it extra sickening if he was signed by the uber debt-ridden Jamtards when he'd clearly rather be at the Hibs.

Blog Entries
    Some time back I was derided by saying we should snap up young talent from lower divisions. The hoary old " if you sign 1st division players you end up in the 1st division " argument came up. Well you do if you sign Power & Tosh but you don't if you sign the likes of Davie Weir, Colin Cameron & Neil McCann like the Yams did. There are many recent great success stories coming from Scottish lower divisions with Snodgrass, Dorrans & unfortunately maybe now Templeton being outstanding examples.
    I would love to see Leigh at ER but I doubt RP has the gumption to sanction any attempt to speculate to accumulate.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Get the boy signed up hes a die hard hibby!! And has a decent goalscoring record, im sure he could hack it up here.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Does anyone have any idea what sort of fee Dundee would be looking for?

I'd like to have Griffiths, seems to score a few goals and, while I've not seen anything from him, the general concensus is that he's a good player.

However, if we're looking at a fee of around £250k for someone who hasn't played at a level higher than the Scottish First Division then I'd have reservations. That's a lot of money for us to spend on a player. But like I said, I've not seen him play so maybe he'd be worth that...

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Some time back I was derided by saying we should snap up young talent from lower divisions. The hoary old " if you sign 1st division players you end up in the 1st division " argument came up. Well you do if you sign Power & Tosh but you don't if you sign the likes of Davie Weir, Colin Cameron & Neil McCann like the Yams did. There are many recent great success stories coming from Scottish lower divisions with Snodgrass, Dorrans & unfortunately maybe now Templeton being outstanding examples.
    I would love to see Leigh at ER but I doubt RP has the gumption to sanction any attempt to speculate to accumulate.
    Where did they get Templeton from? Hate to say it but he has ripped us to shreds the last few derbys he has played in.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Does anyone have any idea what sort of fee Dundee would be looking for?

I'd like to have Griffiths, seems to score a few goals and, while I've not seen anything from him, the general concensus is that he's a good player.

However, if we're looking at a fee of around £250k for someone who hasn't played at a level higher than the Scottish First Division then I'd have reservations. That's a lot of money for us to spend on a player. But like I said, I've not seen him play so maybe he'd be worth that...
    I'd imagine that Dundee will quite simply have to take whatever they can get, they're hardly in a position to play hardball - though it will still come down to whoever wants him most, I suppose.

Very often the January transfer window creates a platform for selling clubs to get buying clubs to pay way more than they are worth - I can't see that happening here.

Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    Where did they get Templeton from? Hate to say it but he has ripped us to shreds the last few derbys he has played in.
    i think it was ayr utd iirc

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnhunts99
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i think it was ayr utd iirc
    Stenhousemuir - my brother plays there and they never shut up about the wee ****

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    Get the boy signed up hes a die hard hibby!! And has a decent goalscoring record, im sure he could hack it up here.
    What are your views on Colin Nish?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Just a spelling mistake, be nice to stay on topic.

I think Leigh Griffiths is a good player though, even the football manager researchers think so as he develops well. Everton are quoted saying they use fm to discover new players as well.

I'm great at football manager, took Montrose into the SPL and then the Europa League quarter finals after 5 seasons.
    Next time the Everton job comes up, I'm applying.

On a more serous note, I find it quite difficult to believe that an English Premiership side would be using an inaccurate computer game to identify signing targets. They probably have around 30 scouts watching games at every age group.

By no means am I branding you a liar, but I think the quote must've been made by David Moyes' wifes, cousins, boyfriends, wee brothers pal who is "in the know" at Everton

Quote Originally Posted by Gramo View Post
    Would be a quality signing and Dundee are that hard up for cash that we could offer them a glass bottle to get 30p back and they'd take it
    That'd depend on whether their administrators are prepared to wait for a better offer.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Quote Originally Posted by steviecarnie View Post
    i knew eventually someone would make a story out of the fact he was at the derby.

i dont think i'm the only one, but to me hibs aint interested in Leigh, im pretty sure darren jackson, would have atleast made enquiries to hibs position at somepoint over the last year, but im told by reliable source that no club has come in for leigh, last january or over the summer.

him.... reliable.....

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    I'm great at football manager, took Montrose into the SPL and then the Europa League quarter finals after 5 seasons.
    Next time the Everton job comes up, I'm applying.

On a more serous note, I find it quite difficult to believe that an English Premiership side would be using an inaccurate computer game to identify signing targets. They probably have around 30 scouts watching games at every age group.

By no means am I branding you a liar, but I think the quote must've been made by David Moyes' wifes, cousins, boyfriends, wee brothers pal who is "in the know" at Everton
    The Football Manager story is true enough, in that they use the database - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk...6908-20893667/

Don't agree with those that say Petrie wouldn't sanction funds for the right young player with sell-on value. He'll know we presently have no-one of any real value in the transfer market and that will leave a hole in the accounts.

So it makes sense to go for the likes of Griffiths, Flynn etc.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Perspective View Post
    The Football Manager story is true enough, in that they use the database - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk...6908-20893667/

Don't agree with those that say Petrie wouldn't sanction funds for the right young player with sell-on value. He'll know we presently have no-one of any real value in the transfer market and that will leave a hole in the accounts.

So it makes sense to go for the likes of Griffiths, Flynn etc.
    No they dont. Thats about as believable as Cristiano Ronaldo driving around in a Suzuki Swift cos he was in one in thier advert. It's just a publicity/advertising thing.

I was told a while ago Everton started using Football Manager in the old Champ Manager days, one of the head developers is a rabid Evertonian, the developers of the game had a pretty big scouting network, anyway, it ended in Everton signing an Ivory Coast player going by the name Ibrahima Bakayoko, anyone who played champ man back in the day will recognise the name, he was a legend in the 97-98 game IIRC. Wouldn't suprise me if they are privvy to the scouting reports which are handed in to the developers.

Quote Originally Posted by steviecarnie View Post

It took longer than we expected though

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchie View Post

him.... reliable.....

Less of it!

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    No they dont. Thats about as believable as Cristiano Ronaldo driving around in a Suzuki Swift cos he was in one in thier advert. It's just a publicity/advertising thing.