hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Do you support the refs stance this weekend?

Voters
367. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

286 77.93%
  • No

81 22.07%
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Referees on strike

strike action over criticism...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/9214212.stm

should turf the lot of them that refuse to turn up.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Neil Lennon ya arse!

Don't blame them.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    The refs are *****, why punish the rest of us, when its clear its Celtc they are angry with?

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Agree. We all know who's to blame here

Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    strike action over criticism...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/9214212.stm

should turf the lot of them that refuse to turn up.
    Aye, that'll help right enough!

First Team Regular

Neil Lennon

well done you , you have really done it this time you paranoid loudmouthed ginger twat. you actually make my blood boil, after all the fuss you have kicked up, you may ruin next weekend's football. Referee strike for all grade 1 referee's. All this latest nonsense about hooper getting three yellows for voicing up about ref's too must have been the last straw. what a bunch of wee bairn's! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Surprised they never told them to ram it ages ago.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by stubru59 View Post
    Aye, that'll help right enough!

It'll help more than the likely idle threat of strike action

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    I hope they do, then we will see what knobends like Lennon say. Bottom line, no officials, no games, nae fitba.

It is clowns like Lennon who should be apologising not the refs

ps I still hate refs and think they are all anti-hibs

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Reid to Lennon to Hooper - that club is filled with **** from top to bottom

Left by mutual consent!
    It's become clear that the refs are under severe scrutiny in the matches played this season, Lennon, and Celtc, being the worst offenders. I'm sure the refs have thought long and hard before taking the action of withdrawing their labour.

It's been coming for a while now.

Celtic and Lennon should be done for bringing the game into disrepute.

I fully support the refs strike action, we all have that right, to deny it to refs would be a nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by 2468 View Post
    Reid to Lennon to Hooper - that club is filled with **** from top to bottom
    definatly!

I personally think that referees should specifically strike for celtic games only, why should one paranoid, winging ginger twat ruin football for the rest of the teams? Celtic should have the bloody book thrown at them!

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Stupid time to call a strike. Should have done this the next time Celtic play Rangers at Parkhead.

Left by mutual consent!
    If the refs have a genuine greavance against any specific club, then they can take that to the governing body for action.

They are so gutless they can't even step forward now and name Celtic FC who everyone knows are the cause of the current climate.
    Last edited by Toaods; 21-11-2010 at 05:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    A weekend off might not be too bad for us...........................more time for CC to get to grips with the players in training.

Quote Originally Posted by piemanpilley View Post
    definatly!

I personally think that referees should specifically strike for celtic games only, why should one paranoid, winging ginger twat ruin football for the rest of the teams? Celtic should have the bloody book thrown at them!
    This has been a one club crusade against the officials, one to put as much pressure as possible on the refs, so they can benefit. Its nothing to do with the rest of us. Let them suffer.

Left by mutual consent!
    I heard the vote was taken on a show of Handshakes

I'm surprised the refs didn't decide to strike sooner. Absolutely ridiculous amount of criticism recently, especially from Celtic an Lennon. People need to realize that they are humans who make mistakes, simple as that.

Death threats and the like that have been happening recently means that this strike is completely justified, even if we unfortunately lose this weeks football.

Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    If the refs have a genuine greavance against any specific club, then they scan take that to teh governing body for action.

They are so gutless they can't even step forward now and name Celtic FC who everyone knows are the cause of the current climate.
    Spot on, gutless. And in dragging us into this, it says we are to blame as well.

Quite right, although I think they should target the clubs they're unhappy with and not just the one weekend.
    Space to let

Whilst we all have a go at referees from time to time, I for one support them this time around. However, any action should not be limited to Grade 1 refs only. All refs the length and breadth of the country should withdraw their services next weekend. The abuse that referees take at all levels from so called coaches, parents, supporters etc has simply got to stop or the game in this country will die.

That said, now seems to be an opportune moment for a root and branch review of the game in this country. Trust in the SFA and the wider governing bodies of Scottish Football seems to be at rock bottom. Only a total clear out would seem to resolve the ongoing issues...........

@hibs.net private member
    As usual the refs will back down. Bunch of spineless twats. But in the event they want to strike are they not covered by the same employment laws as the rest of UK workers as such I don't think they have had a secret ballot or given their employer the statutory notice of this action. Can just imagine in it now. SPL takes court action to force them to ref or worse getting Scabs in to cover for them.

Only in Scottish fitba could we have this.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    If this weekend's games were to be postponed, when would they be re-scheduled for?

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Celtic and Lennon should be done for bringing the game into disrepute.

I fully support the refs strike action, we all have that right, to deny it to refs would be a nonsense.

Yes and havn't our players exercised their right about 14 times this season already.

By the way refereeing standards are at an all time low so something needs to be done...why are they any different from any other workers/proffessionals.

Keep the Faith

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    I'm with the Refs on this one, just because they wear black (sometimes) and have a whistle doesn't mean you can talk/shout at them as if they are the muck on your shoe.

Sure they have made mistakes haven't we all at times under pressure but at the end of the day they are human, and it's only a game.

The Refs had to do something!! it's not what we wanted but it has come to such a head that something had to give

Quote Originally Posted by LeithenHibby View Post
    I'm with the Refs on this one, just because they wear black (sometimes) and have a whistle doesn't mean you can talk/shout at them as if they are the muck on your shoe.

Sure they have made mistakes haven't we all at times under pressure but at the end of the day they are human, and it's only a game.

The Refs had to do something!! it's not what we wanted but it has come to such a head that something had to give
    I agree, but why be gutless and punish all of us, when we all know why they are doing it?

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I agree, but why be gutless and punish all of us, when we all know why they are doing it?
    This is the joker, it's the only tool they have of any worth ...

Perhaps it's not fair on everyone else, but then it's not fair for the Refs to be expected to take the abuse that they do...

First Team Breakthrough DeLaGaff's Avatar

100% behind the referees

It's about time that they fought back. Might not get everything right, but if the standard of refereeing is poor then it's still ten times better than the standard of football in the SPL at the moment.

Everyone likes a moan about a decision, a moan about a player or even just pure bad luck - it's all part and parcel of football. Celtic have gone miles too far down this road. It is utterly tiresome and completely unvindicated!
    Will be disappointed if the game is cancelled next weekend, but if it helps the greater cause and gets people talking about football again then I am all for it!

Someone with Lennon's personal life talking about integrity? John Reid's work with the government - they want to have a look at themselves!

Mon the Men In Black, get them telt!!!