hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Keep miller or not?

Just read bbc and Liam miller says he would be happy to stay,im for a LM that want to stay and play to his best week in week out,if not then wages could be used for the better of the team

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I'll throw this one into the melting pot.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...an/9206238.stm

I wouldn't be too fussed if he does go. He promises plenty but doesn't come up with the goods often enough.

Should be an integral part of the team. He is a class player.

I hope that CC will be able to get the best, or at least better, from him and the rest of the midfield.

When he’s enjoying Hibs and his football it’s a joy to behold – see match day won - Motherwell away .
    Space to let

Why would we want to get rid of one the genuine class acts in the side? Get him signed up.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

My Bro met Stokes in Edinburgh after he went along M9 and he said LM wanted away,do you think his change of heart is the new managment?

He has blown hot and cold throughout his time with us but he is someone that is capable of putting in big performances and if he is interested in renewing his contract with us, I would be happy to see him stay.

Out of the players who are out of contract in the summer, there's only about four or five that I would want to see stay beyond this season. Liam Miller is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by cam75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just read bbc and Liam miller says he would be happy to stay,im for a LM that want to stay and play to his best week in week out,if not then wages could be used for the better of the team
    I'd keep him as I think that he has the wrong type of player round him at the moment and feel he has started playing better the last 2 games.

First Team Breakthrough jackhfc's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jackhfc PSN ID: rajpuss
    Keep miller

Quote Originally Posted by Houchy View Post
    I'd keep him as I think that he has the wrong type of player round him at the moment and feel he has started playing better the last 2 games.

New managers often give 'stal'e players a new lease of life. Looks like that's what CC has achieved in just a few weeks.

Keep him - and well done, CC

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I'll throw this one into the melting pot.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...an/9206238.stm
    I think Liam has had too many pints of Guinness if he thinks he is good enough for the Premiership. The man still has a fair bit to prove he's good enough for the SPL, playing well for one game every 2 or 3 does not make a Premiership player.

I would certainly give him another chance with us but if he is hoping to move on to bigger and better things then he has to start producing the good on a more consistant basis.

Maybe the return of Ian Murray will help him.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tenacious-Daz
    Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    I think Liam has had too many pints of Guinness if he thinks he is good enough for the Premiership. The man still has a fair bit to prove he's good enough for the SPL, playing well for one game every 2 or 3 does not make a Premiership player.

I would certainly give him another chance with us but if he is hoping to move on to bigger and better things then he has to start producing the good on a more consistant basis.

Your right on the money bud, the boy will never play in the premiership again IMHO and he should just concentrate on becoming more consistent for us in the SPL!

Class act, he showed at Ibrox last week how good he can be. I think we now have a manager who can get the best out of him. Keep him.

Class Act when used correctly. Signed up!

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post

Brooster
    Class act, he showed at Ibrox last week how good he can be. I think we now have a manager who can get the best out of him. Keep him.

I no a few gers fans that want him at Ibrox

Coaching Staff
    A bit like Boozy was he's taken for granted and if he isn't doing something brilliant then we don't think he's doing anyhting. He's a class act and we should be looking to keep him.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    He's our version of Barry the Crab. But there again that's all to do with the quality of players round about him.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tenacious-Daz
    Brooster

I know a few gers fans that want him at Ibrox
    He would never be allowed to set foot in his homeland ever again if he joined the hunnery and I doubt it very much that he would entertain them anyway regardless of the money on offer!

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Why would we want to get rid of one the genuine class acts in the side? Get him signed up.

He can be mighty frustrating, but he's also capable of running a midfield like no-one else we have can.

Keep him, as long as his wage demands aren't cheeky.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    A bit like Boozy was he's taken for granted and if he isn't doing something brilliant then we don't think he's doing anyhting. He's a class act and we should be looking to keep him.
    Very good point Andy.

The bigger question is can CC get more out of LM than Yogi did...

I reckon he can and he will - and for that reason - we should, of course, re-sign him.

I've accused him of having the heart of a mouse in the past, harsh perhaps - but with Ian Murray playing the Captain's role along side him this can be out-weighted by everything else he has to offer.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    if this question was asked after the derby shambles it would have been bin him but if he can keep putting in the performance he has in the hun , well games its 100% get him signed up pronto before the vulctures start showing an interest.
    GGTTH

My Bro met Stokes in Edinburgh after he went along M9 and he said LM wanted away,do you think his change of heart is the new managment?
    Has he had a medical at Dunfermline now too?
    Last edited by Houchy; 18-11-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Course we should keep him and get better players around him.

would rather it was sorted now though than wait til he can talk to others in Jan.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think we should be re-signing him as when on his game he is a joy to watch and very effective.

An on form Miller and Zemmama would be amazing to watch!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

Yes, I think it probably is.

And yes, I think if he's willing to sign an extension we'd be mad not to take him up on it. He's a class act, and if CC can get the best out of him - and I see no reason why he shouldn't - he could be a huge asset to us in the seasons to come.

Brown, Bamba, Dickoh, Murray, Miller, Riordan, Wotherspoon, Hart, Hanlon and IMO De Graaf would make an excellent core to the squad for the next three/four years. There are a few others I'd keep too, but those'll do for starters.

As long as he keeps the nights out with the boys to AFTER the game, and starts to put in a performance more than his 2 in 30 games this year so far I would like to see him re-sign.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Get him signed.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

On his day - which are few and far between - he'd be the first on the team sheet.

However, not convinced the outlay would justify the (infrequent) end product.

Keep - and play alongside Nid

Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    Keep - and play alongside Nid

Spot on TQM. If he wants to stay get him signed up. Excellent player IMHO. Needs the likes of Nid so he can get forward a lot more.