hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough stevensons-fan's Avatar

Hotels in Barcelona

Hey guys, does anyone know of any good hotels to stay in Barcelona, preferably cheap! Me and a few friends are looking to book for 5 days in the middle of December

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Travelodge have basic places there.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Ayre Hotel Rosellón

stayed here last year. Very cool hotel which looks onto the segrada Familia. It only just opened when we stayed there so we got a great deal (£45 per night). Not sure what their rack rate is now.

First Team Breakthrough stevensons-fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Travelodge have basic places there.
    I can't seem to find Travelodge Barcelona anywhere, I looked on the website but couldn't find Barcelona. Am I just being stupid here?!

Edit that: Found the travelodge, it's called Barcelona Hospitalet which I presume isn't right in the centre of the city. Is there another one in the centre? Many thanks
    Last edited by stevensons-fan; 19-11-2010 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Found it

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Have you thought about getting an apartment instead? No shortage of places very central.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Blog Entries
    There's one called the Hotel Lloret at the top of the Ramblas which used to be cheap and in a great location. Opposite this is one called the Hotel Continental which again is quite reasonable but also offers a free buffet 24/7. It's very popular but check their website here.

I lived in Barcelona for about 7 months so i'm probably not the best person to advise on hotels because i had an apartment. However on the whole Barcelona is just not a cheap city.

Obviously if you are going with your mates you will be looking to go out on the pi55 and whatever. The best advice i can give you if you are on a budget is where possibly stay away from the centre, bars on Las Ramblas are just total tourist trap rip offs. A little off the beaten track there are some great local bars and restaurants that are more reasonably priced. Most are fairly welcoming and don't require you to speak a lot of Catalans, as long as you can say 'San Miguel or Estrella Damm por favor' you should be ok. Also it's best not to wear Real Madrid colours in these places, but i'm sure you could have worked that out for yourself. There are some great clubs but again they are not cheap. If you are there when Barca are at home there are booths in the city centre that sell match tickets up until the day of the match, these start at a pretty reasonable 18 Euros although this is top tier so it's like watchin subbuteo, about 40 Euros will get you into the bottom tier behind the goals (the Barca equivalent of the East). The Olympic Stadium, Camp Nou and the Sagrada Familia are obvious places to visit but also check out Park Guell, Casa Milla and the Palau del parliament de Catalunya in the parc de la cituadella.

You really are visiting one of the finest cities in the world so make the most of it and enjoy.