hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

I'm Liking This a Lot!!!

Not since Eddie Turnbull have we had a manager who intimidated other managers and players in the country, famously he got the better of Jocks Stein and Wallace more often than not. It looks to me very much like Colin Calderwood has that quality and already people are running scared of him. Yesterday me thinks Pa’ Broon and Craigan protested too much whilst our CC was coolness personified.

Keep an eye on this, CC will get the better of them all as time goes on. IMHO there are good times ahead

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not since Eddie Turnbull have we had a manager who intimidated other managers and players in the country, famously he got the better of Jocks Stein and Wallace more often than not. It looks to me very much like Colin Calderwood has that quality and already people are running scared of him. Yesterday me thinks Pa’ Broon and Craigan protested too much whilst our CC was coolness personified.

Keep an eye on this, CC will get the better of them all as time goes on. IMHO there are good times ahead
    I think it's far too early to make judgements. The sgns are promising though.

@hibs.net private member WellingtonHibby's Avatar
    " generic Caution tinged agreement"

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Our last two managers seemed to get too easily riled in the dug out, which didn't help in communicating with the players. I hope CC can maintain a cool detachment - I think it will help the team.

fair doo's, though I thought Alex McLeish did a good job of this too.

He was a much more rounded character at ER than the more reticent gaffer he turned into at Ibrox.

I seem to remember him giving Advocaat and ONeill a run (not to mention FJK6-2)