hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I said it at work today

And again at my 5 a sides tonight. Last nights result does not make up for Sundays embarrassment. Does anyone feel the same.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Loopz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And again at my 5 a sides tonight. Last nights result does not make up for Sundays embarrassment. Does anyone feel the same.

Wtf?

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Take it you weren't there then

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Nothing makes up for any derby defeats.

But last night was pretty sweet IMO.

For me, beating the champions makes up for getting beat of sex offenders utd!

Quote Originally Posted by 65bd View Post
    Take it you weren't there then
    No I was not but I was there on Sunday along with my 5 & 9 year old sons who are both season ticket holders. I was actually embarrassed by the team I've supported all my life for the first time I can remember. They have alot of good performances to put in to make up for that.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    No I was not but I was there on Sunday along with my 5 & 9 year old sons who are both season ticket holders. I was actually embarrassed by the team I've supported all my life for the first time I can remember. They have alot of good performances to put in to make up for that.
    You and me both, but I've been embarrassed by Hibs a fair few times and whilst last night doesn't make up for Sunday it gave me back some pride in my team.

Is someone actually saying that it does make up for Sunday for you to start the thread

This is a brave post that the OP has made but I can sort of see where he is coming from.

Don't get me wrong, last night's result was fantastic and the players are rightly getting the plaudits for what was by all accounts a brilliant team display.

However, that result alone does not suddenly make everything ok and the players still have it all to do in order to get us up that league, where we should be. We still lie 8th in the SPL (which isn't good enough) and are still only two points off the bottom.

There is very little point in getting that result last night if we don't follow it up on Saturday by beating Motherwell and then the following week at Inverness as both those sides are currently occupying the spots where I feel that we should be and they are the teams that we should be competing with. Being completely honest about things, I think most people will accept that Rangers aren't our direct competitors and although it's always nice to hump them at Ibrox, they will still finish the season about 25 points ahead of us.

I really hope that we have turned the corner now and that last night is the start of good things to come but I'm not going to speak too soon. Once we manage to string two or three good results together, I will start to believe.

I agree that the players have a lot of making up to do after the (non) performance in the derby.

It might not completely make up for sundays defeat but it sure goes a hell of a long way in doing so!!

Derbies are all about who wants it the most. As long as that was the turning point in our season and we murder them at *********** on new years day i'll be pretty pleased.
    Far too many people posting negative stuff on here all the time, if you can't find anything good to say about pumping the huns in their own backyard 3-0 you'll never be happy mate.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    I don't, no. But if you want to then just go say it again in the gents toilet at the end of Princes St - and if it is really so very embarrassing just go into a cubicle and say it!

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    This is a brave post that the OP has made but I can sort of see where he is coming from.

Don't get me wrong, last night's result was fantastic and the players are rightly getting the plaudits for what was by all accounts a brilliant team display.

However, that result alone does not suddenly make everything ok and the players still have it all to do in order to get us up that league, where we should be. We still lie 8th in the SPL (which isn't good enough) and are still only two points off the bottom.

There is very little point in getting that result last night if we don't follow it up on Saturday by beating Motherwell and then the following week at Inverness as both those sides are currently occupying the spots where I feel that we should be and they are the teams that we should be competing with. Being completely honest about things, I think most people will accept that Rangers aren't our direct competitors and although it's always nice to hump them at Ibrox, they will still finish the season about 25 points ahead of us.

I really hope that we have turned the corner now and that last night is the start of good things to come but I'm not going to speak too soon. Once we manage to string two or three good results together, I will start to believe.

I agree that the players have a lot of making up to do after the (non) performance in the derby.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    I agree WH but what is it that our team was lacking? I heard the manager and players say it - a bit of confidence.

Now if that last night doesn't fill them with confidence in their ability as individuals and as a team then NOTHING ever will.

There is the foundations now to go on a wee run and move up that table. We ALL now have a part to play in helping them do that. 12th man and all that

Now lets start being positive. Sunday is gone and done. We can't change that and neither can the players. Onwards and upwards I say.

Glory Glory

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Can we just no enjoy the result without over analysing things for once

the past is the past, it cant be changed, im looking forward and i hope the team are as well, Motherwell is another hard game and im exited in seeing how the team can react after yesterday.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tenacious-Daz
    I would rather lose to Rankers 2-0 at home if it meant a 3 nil win at *********** was on the cards, but as that seems to be an impossible scenario we'll just have to make do with last nights result and it certainly does help ease the pain of sunday a tad!

Coaching Staff
    I also hope CC and the team listened to Craig Brown's assessment of his team's performance, albeit a 4-0 win, he slated them for not playing well and having the luck of "4 shots, 4 goals".

Last night was exactly what the doctor ordered and gives the team far more belief than a victory against Hearts. Derbies take care of themselves, no team can truly say they are streets ahead of the other. Hearts won and deserved it. Rangers however were unbeaten at Ibrox for an age, the SPL champions, doing okay in the Champions League, holding Man Utd at Old Trafford, and scoring for fun in the league. 40,000 fans also wanting them to hump us silly.

The lads were low in confidence, hurting and perhaps expecting a defeat. They scored, they played good possession football, they scored again. Confidence oozed from them. They all played as a team

Let's get right behind them from the off on Saturday and let them know we are with them too. Hearts will come again.....nowt better than beating them at Tynie too

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Can we just no enjoy the result without over analysing things for once

the past is the past, it cant be changed, im looking forward and i hope the team are as well, Motherwell is another hard game and im exited in seeing how the team can react after yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I also hope CC and the team listened to Craig Brown's assessment of his team's performance, albeit a 4-0 win, he slated them for not playing well and having the luck of "4 shots, 4 goals".

Last night was exactly what the doctor ordered and gives the team far more belief than a victory against Hearts. Derbies take care of themselves, no team can truly say they are streets ahead of the other. Hearts won and deserved it. Rangers however were unbeaten at Ibrox for an age, the SPL champions, doing okay in the Champions League, holding Man Utd at Old Trafford, and scoring for fun in the league. 40,000 fans also wanting them to hump us silly.

The lads were low in confidence, hurting and perhaps expecting a defeat. They scored, they played good possession football, they scored again. Confidence oozed from them. They all played as a team

Let's get right behind them from the off on Saturday and let them know we are with them too. Hearts will come again.....nowt better than beating them at Tynie too

Quote Originally Posted by Halifaxhibby View Post
    It might not completely make up for sundays defeat but it sure goes a hell of a long way in doing so!!

Derbies are all about who wants it the most. As long as that was the turning point in our season and we murder them at *********** on new years day i'll be pretty pleased.
    Far too many people posting negative stuff on here all the time, if you can't find anything good to say about pumping the huns in their own backyard 3-0 you'll never be happy mate.

I don't believe my post was negative. I was trying to say that 1 result does not guarantee weve turned the corner ( And if that was proven to be the case then I could forgive them).

CRABIT "I don't, no. But if you want to then just go say it again in the gents toilet at the end of Princes St - and if it is really so very embarrassing just go into a cubicle and say it!"

I would say you have some issues you should talk to someone about.

Wonderfull to get a very important 3 points against the Huns last night. Lets hope we are capable of repeating the performance on Saturday

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    I don't believe my post was negative. I was trying to say that 1 result does not guarantee weve turned the corner ( And if that was proven to be the case then I could forgive them).

CRABIT "I don't, no. But if you want to then just go say it again in the gents toilet at the end of Princes St - and if it is really so very embarrassing just go into a cubicle and say it!"

Wonderfull to get a very important 3 points against the Huns last night. Lets hope we are capable of repeating the performance on Saturday
    I do. IMO

And I haven't seen or heard anyone say that last night has guaranteed we've turned the corner. Have you?

I'm not the one with issues pal. I'm sure half of Edinburgh would agree with you that preferring to dwell on Sunday's result isn't negative! Talk to me about people with issues?

Quote Originally Posted by crabit View Post
    I'm not the one with issues pal. I'm sure half of Edinburgh would agree with you that preferring to dwell on Sunday's result isn't negative! Talk to me about people with issues?
    Not a dweller, just a practical kind of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    It takes a strong team to score 4 goals from 4 shots while conceeding none.

It just shows the metal that Motherwell have.

Hopefully we dont get carried away with the result last night and the player feet remain firmly on the ground.

Not a dweller, just a practical kind of guy.
    I know, I know - you go to work, you go to 5-a-sides - just do what you have to do. Standing around being embarrassed is doing you no good whatsoever!

Testimonial Due

I dont agree with the view of "making up" for a result. It is like a lot of comments on here that players sould "say sorry" for a performance.

Of course Sunday was disappointing, but I would hope that the players approach each game with a view of lets win, not lets make up for the one we just lost. The flip side would of course be we have made up for that one - week off ahead coming up!

At this point in the season given were we are, points are points for me. Away from home to the old firm does not get your 4 points instead of 3, but it does feel a little special!!

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    It takes a strong team to score 4 goals from 4 shots while conceeding none.

It just shows the metal that Motherwell have.

Hopefully we dont get carried away with the result last night and the player feet remain firmly on the ground.
    Have you seen the goals? I wasn't impressed and I think that was the point grandpa broon was making, neither was he.

Coaching Staff
    My point was that despite the result Well had, Craig Brown said they were not playing well.

I hope Hibs build on the Ibrox result, and run out on Saturday with supreme confidence that they will win. And I hope we give the team the backing that adds to that confidence.

Removed
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by crabit View Post
    I know, I know - you go to work, you go to 5-a-sides - just do what you have to do. Standing around being embarrassed is doing you no good whatsoever!

Man up

First Team Breakthrough HibeePaj's Avatar
    it excuses it for me

I'm over it. Looking forward to the next game..

Glory Glory!

@hibs.net private member
    No, I don't feel the same. It seems to me that the players responded in exactly the right way to Sunday's embarrassment - and fought their way to an impressive victory with not a little style.

Does it make up for the abject form of the previous 9 months though? Certainly not - but they can make a good start on that by winning against Motherwell on saturday!