hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

Dissapointed By The Standard Of Posts On This Site

I took a bit of a break from Hibs net and have returned recently to view it and I have to say that I am dissapointed by the increased standard of postings on this site.

I prefer to make grand (sometimes inflamatory) sweeping statements and produce arguments with little or no rational thought behind them.

Can we have a return to the old ways and permit personal abuse and swearing again? Mods?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Get tae f@!k.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I took a bit of a break from Hibs net and have returned recently to view it and I have to say that I am dissapointed by the increased standard of postings on this site.

I prefer to make grand (sometimes inflamatory) sweeping statements and produce arguments with little or no rational thought behind them.

Can we have a return to the old ways and permit personal abuse and swearing again? Mods?

I suppose I must be kinda jealous of you then, cos with everything that is going wrong at Easter Road just now, I wish the only thing I was dissapointed in was the postings on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    I suppose I must be kinda jealous of you then, cos with everything that is going wrong at Easter Road just now, I wish the only thing I was dissapointed in was the postings on this site.
    Read the OP again, think he's got his tongue firmly pressed in his cheek

First Team Breakthrough

Only one S and 2Ps in disappointed

FFS(S)

Get it ssorted

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

I've been struggling with style, prose ,context and witticisms for some time now and was thinking of completely reinventing my whole approach, your timely posting could be just the spur I need.

Could you perhaps favour us with some sample postings along the lines you suggest...................

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    I've been struggling with style, prose ,context and witticisms for some time now and was thinking of completely reinventing my whole approach, your timely posting could be just the spur I need.

Could you perhaps favour us with some sample postings along the lines you suggest...................
    The way i read the OP was that he was disappointed the standard had improved....

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    It's all been downhill since they took the Calendar thread away.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mchibee View Post
    The way i read the OP was that he was disappointed the standard had improved....
    ******, back to the drawing board..........

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    We even discussed how to spell 'dissappointed' corectlie.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor® View Post
    We even discussed how to spell 'dissappointed' corectlie.
    Korekt.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Mods are what they have in another place; here we have pricks. Your elementary mistake means you are a yam and can therefore *** right of.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Mods are what they have in another place; here we have pricks. Your elementary mistake means you are a yam and can therefore *** right of.
    Oh Mr admin, you used to be a mod but now your just a prick. Sounds good.

Coaching Staff
    Absolutely. Not a day goes past when I don't think of the injustice when it was plucked from these pages.

Has anyone else looked back in anger?

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Does anyone else feel like this?

Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    Absolutely. Not a day goes past when I don't think of the injustice when it was plucked from these pages.

I once was mistaken for a man who removes feathers from poultry.

Does anyone else think of me as a pheasant plucker?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I once was mistaken for a man who removes feathers from poultry.

Does anyone else think of me as a pheasant plucker?
    That reminds me of a time when I got chatting to a guy who was offering free samples of chicken bites in a supermarket.

I had only intended to have one taste but, having struck up a conversation, ended up back at his place, gorged on selectively-chosen and well-coated breast.

Of course, there is no such thing as a free lunch and it turns out this chicken-man had amorous motives towards me. Being weighed down due to excessive poultry consumption, I was unable to move quick enough to resist his advances.

Has anyone else just gone for a mouthful but ended up totally stuffed?

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar

You obviously never read some of the posts on the Papal visit threads and on any thread that was hijacked to have a go at the visit. Far too highbrow.
    Last edited by Bishop Hibee; 10-11-2010 at 05:53 PM.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post

It is very much missed. And so are all its landmark posts. I believe I lost an imaginary dog on that thread at one stage.

Does anyone else feel that perhaps we should write an open letter?

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    It is very much missed. And so are all its landmark posts. I believe I lost an imaginary dog on that thread at one stage.

Does anyone else feel that perhaps we should write an open letter?
    I like opening letters!

I fondly remember opening a thank-you letter from Barrack Obama after I had convinced him to run for presidency.

We had been for a few pints and some karaoke on a Tuesday night at The White House in Niddrie mains Road.

It had originally started out as a team building exercise for the Illinois senate comission - where I worked as State mascot ( I was a glittery high-heeled shoe with arms, if anyone is wondering ).

Anyhow after a few bevs, he realized he'd missed the last bus up the toon and offered him my setee.

It was during a cocktail of cinzano dry with ginger ale with fresh mint, half an eccy and the fine tunes of Air's - Moon Safari, that I convinced him to run for the head job, if it wasn't me, I'm sure someone else would have.

Has anybody else stumbled out of The White House in a silver high heel only to discover that you may have changed the future for a powerful black man?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    I suggest you start a thread about choking your chicken.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickyNicky View Post
    I like opening letters!

I fondly remember opening a thank-you letter from Barrack Obama after I had convinced him to run for presidency.

We had been for a few pints and some karaoke on a Tuesday night at The White House in Niddrie mains Road.

It had originally started out as a team building exercise for the Illinois senate comission - where I worked as State mascot ( I was a glittery high-heeled shoe with arms, if anyone is wondering ).

Anyhow after a few bevs, he realized he'd missed the last bus up the toon and offered him my setee.

It was during a cocktail of cinzano dry with ginger ale with fresh mint, half an eccy and the fine tunes of Air's - Moon Safari, that I convinced him to run for the head job, if it wasn't me, I'm sure someone else would have.

Has anybody else stumbled out of The White House in a silver high heel only to discover that you may have changed the future for a powerful black man?

Wonderfully leftfield (aka Jim Gannon)

I feel this would an appropriate junction at which to say

**** THE HUNS

(for no other reason, than every junction is an appropriate point at which to say **** the huns).

And that be, the end of it.

As ye were...

ENDOF

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    I suggest you start a thread about choking your chicken.
    This actually reminds me of some time I spent in Mongolia lately.

I'm know I'm not alone in considering the loss of the calendir thread to be the most depresing thing that has happened to the Hibernian community in recent times. I'm aware that there have been some recent trifling upsets affecting some members - something to do with managers and results? Whatever, it needn't concern true Hibbies and I'm sure it didn't affect anyone on here.

When the calendr thread was lost I was cast into a wasteland of despair and depression. I left my family and job and accompanied only by a few faithful companions - Ghandi insisted on coming along as apparently Hawkings owes him money - I wandered the world attempting to find meaning and hope in life. We travelled far and wide and slowly even these few friends abandoned me. Hawkings was lost in a tunnel under the Franco-Swiss border where he was arrested whilst stealing 50p from the meter at some physics convention; Ghandi declared he was going to Chile to become a miner; Ray Bradbury disappeared when he ran off dressed as Abraham Lincoln on our time travelling fancy dress trip to the theatre in 1865 Washington.

So it was that I finally found myself friendless and alone in Mongolia, in a Little Chef just off the big roundabout on the main road into Ulan Bator.

I was sitting eating my Early Starter Breakfast with extra bacon when I became aware of a commotion going on in the kitchen. Before anyone could react a gigantic chicken suddenly burst into the dining area and began viciously attacking the patrons of the table next to me!
    Quick as a flash I lept to my feet and flung myself upon the fiendish fowl which had already eviscerated two of the party it had attacked. Using the lassoo skills taught to me by Chief Sitting Bull during a dull away evening game at Fir Park I threw the loops of scattered intestine around the brobdingnagian beaked birds neck and was able to slowly choke it to death before it could complete its task of slaughtering the unfortunate diners.

Well it turns out that I had unwittingly foiled a plot to assassinate the mayor of Ulan Bator using a genetically engineered chicken that had been trained to attack politicians on sight. As I lay there amid the chaos of feathers the mayor of that proud city arose from under the table and thanked me profusely for saving his life.

Never, he said in English with a broad Peterhead accent (I've since been informed this was actually Mongolian, the two dialects are almost identical), would the faithfull Batorians of his fair city forget my actions that day! Whatever reward he could give me was mine to ask.
    Of course I declined his offer, but ever the proud leader he insisted on some sort of token. He seized upon the briefcase of one of his dead aides and in triumph produced from its depths a photocopied picture of Jim Bowen, a 1986 hearts calendar (missing May), and best of all, a commemorative badge declaring that its bearer could now lay claim to the ancient title of Master of the city of Ulan Bator. A privilege indeed, and one I was honoured to accept.

Has anyone else ever become a Master Bator?

Extensive research has led me to believe that this is the most appropriate internet-based response to your concerns:

Yeah? Well I'm disappointed by your face. And your ma