hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar

Poisonous atmosphere

It's all been said about the performance but I find it increasing hard to get any enjoyment out of a Derby match because of the poisonous atmosphere created by the opposition fans and fed by their players.

In all the years of attending matches of ER, I've experienced some horrible times when the drunken hordes have descended on us from Glasgow. Nothing compares though to the shear hatred poured out from the thugs dressed in Maroon. It goes way beyond any local rivalry and their behaviour with the flares and refusing to give the ball back adds to the despicable nature of the majority of their support on Sunday.

We have our own share of neds ( including our temporary Captain ) and I cannot condone the idiots that threw the coins and lighters. Nothing though comes anywhere near the vile lowlife that now represents Heart of Midlothian FC.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    The atmoshere of hate yesterday has prompted me to publicly declare that was the last derby I will attend.

Us auld yins remember the time when you could go along to a derby and stand beside your Hearts supporting mates and have a bit of good natured banter. Yes there was still a bit of trouble but not the hatred that is now common place.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

LOL

The more poisinous, the better.

It's a 90 minute hatred, I was at the Omni after the game, loads of Hibbys and Jambos walking round together and not a hint of trouble.

Pint in the Conan Doyle and it was mixed, moved down to Mathers then the Cask, again, mixed, no hint of bother. Had a pint with a random Jambo from Fife on my own for about half and hour yesterday.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    lets be honest... we are both as bad as each other!

First Team Breakthrough deeks01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seveno View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's all been said about the performance but I find it increasing hard to get any enjoyment out of a Derby match because of the poisonous atmosphere created by the opposition fans and fed by their players.

In all the years of attending matches of ER, I've experienced some horrible times when the drunken hordes have descended on us from Glasgow. Nothing compares though to the shear hatred poured out from the thugs dressed in Maroon. It goes way beyond any local rivalry and their behaviour with the flares and refusing to give the ball back adds to the despicable nature of the majority of their support on Sunday.

We have our own share of neds ( including our temporary Captain ) and I cannot condone the idiots that threw the coins and lighters. Nothing though comes anywhere near the vile lowlife that now represents Heart of Midlothian FC.
    its a derby fs , i LOVE that kind of aptmosphere and i do my best to help replicate it when we visit tynie. Some people like this kind of match mate so for god sake let us enjoy it , its rare enough these days. And Im not a thug or a ned and I don't agree with the throwing of coins/lighters.

As for the flare (which looked more like a green smokebomb till me) well... I'd personally love to see flares by hibs fans at an away derby but I doubt it'll happen. However I do understand that as stated on another thread asthma sufferers , myself included , may not cope particularly well with all the smoke... I just can't decide on this one its logic vs passion for my club.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deeks01 View Post
    its a derby fs , i LOVE that kind of aptmosphere and i do my best to help replicate it when we visit tynie. Some people like this kind of match mate so for god sake let us enjoy it , its rare enough these days. And Im not a thug or a ned and I don't agree with the throwing of coins/lighters.

As for the flare (which looked more like a green smokebomb till me) well... I'd personally love to see flares by hibs fans at an away derby but I doubt it'll happen. However I do understand that as stated on another thread asthma sufferers , myself included , may not cope particularly well with all the smoke... I just can't decide on this one its logic vs passion for my club.
    Let me get this right .... you would love to see Hibs fans throwing flares at a football match, potentially endangering innocent spectators and players, and then incurring a substantial fine for our Club ?

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's maybe an age thing, that wasn't fun yesterday it was downright unpleasant. However, my question is - how come all it takes is a three foot advertising hoarding to hold back our fans.

It was pathetic to watch them when they could easily have taken the Hearts end, instead they were all being restrained by Casper the Friendly Steward.

The way the supporters are behaving these days is akin to spitting in someone's face and running away. Pathetic, poisonous little cowards on both sides. If they really want to go radge they should, otherwise sit down and wave your little flags I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    It's maybe an age thing, that wasn't fun yesterday it was downright unpleasant. However, my question is - how come all it takes is a three foot advertising hoarding to hold back our fans.

It was pathetic to watch them when they could easily have taken the Hearts end, instead they were all being restrained by Casper the Friendly Steward.

The way the supporters are behaving these days is akin to spitting in someone's face and running away. Pathetic, poisonous little cowards on both sides. If they really want to go radge they should, otherwise sit down and wave your little flags I say.

Right! Thats enough FR I'm agreeing with everything your posting just now

Had a good chat with two young lads who were Hearts fans walking down London Road after the game and then went for a pint in Mather's which was absolutely rammed with Jambos who were happy enough to have a laugh - they said to me they don't want us to go down because of the derbies, and I said that's the same reason we don't want them to go bust; thankfully they took the joke in the right manner and had a good laugh about it

I took my 7 year old for her first Hibs experience on Sunday. She told me afterwards that despite the result and performance she loved all the noise and the shouting and the stadium and the atmosphere and she's wanting to go back as soon as possible. Some of swearing and anger on show took her back a bit but as long as she sees it in the context of 'thats what daft men do at the football and not how you behave outside the stadium' (which is quite a simple concept when you think about it) i'll be taking her back again.

I think its easy to overstate how 'poisonous' the atmosphere really is

I was in the pub last night and it was mainly Hertz fans. There was a lot of banter flying back and forth and a few songs and whatever. I would never say it was a hatred though. I think a previous poster is right, it's a 90 minute 'hatred; where we all become a wee bit primitive.

I'm sure most of us in our everyday life have workmates, family, mates etc who are yams or supporters of any other team for that matter. I certainly don't hate them but for 90 odd minutes on derby day it can feel like i do.

I would say that throwing things on the pitch whether it be coins, flares or whatever is just stupidity, more than anything else it's just going to cost Hibs a lot of money that could be better spent elsewhere.

We lost yesterday, it's not fun but accept it and move on, don't moan like a whiny bitch for **** sake.

Let me get this right .... you would love to see Hibs fans throwing flares at a football match, potentially endangering innocent spectators and players, and then incurring a substantial fine for our Club ?
    I said I couldn't decide , seriously though it happens all the time on the continent and theres very few injuries I would imagine or it wouldn't be done. Maybe its just me that likes to see this kind of thing but as I said with our support its not gonna happen anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post

dunno why you've quoted me , I don't condone violence in any form I just enjoy the derby aptmosphere.

Blog Entries
    dunno why you've quoted me , I don't condone violence in any form I just enjoy the derby aptmosphere.
    Sorry, it was out of order to suggest you did, and had nothing to do with what you wrote. I am just off on one today.

I would say though, that like some other people, the atmosphere is getting a bit uncomfortable to me. It'll sound like sour grapes, but I thought the sheer hatred coming at us from Hearts is enough to make me seriously wonder whether I want to be part of it.

I'm just getting old I suppose.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    There has been worse IMO for example the 4-4 game when there was seats coins and lighters thrown by both sets of fans in the corner where thier section N is i know because i was near there with my oldman and i got hit in the napper with a lighter after thier 4th went in. TBO the seats flying back and forth was very dangerous and just plain stupidity by both sets of fans.

Yesterdays game was for me just a typical derby atmosphere and the flares and smoke bombs have been let off in the Hearts end before they tend to do stupid things like that im glad they never aimed for the east or west stands as that could have caused mayhem leading to panic or serious injuries. How do you stop it though as flares and smoke bombs can be easily concealed when entering the ground.

My brother and his mate were walking up London Road after the game yesterday when two Hearts fans obviously noticed his green scarf and started on him. One of them kicked my brother in the ribs and then said that they would get the two of them round the corner in five minutes.

There was absolutely no provocation from either my brother or his mate (despite his mate being a mouthy git when he's had a few too many) and the only "crime" committed was that my brother had his Hibs scarf on.

I'm well aware that these people can be found in every support, including Hibs as we certainly have our fair share of unsavoury characters, but it's not nice to hear that a member of your own family is being assaulted.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    I loved the atmosphere yesterday and i wouldnt have a derby any different!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Yesterdays game was for me just a typical derby atmosphere and the flares and smoke bombs have been let off in the Hearts end before they tend to do stupid things like that im glad they never aimed for the east or west stands as that could have caused mayhem leading to panic or serious injuries. How do you stop it though as flares and smoke bombs can be easily concealed when entering the ground.
    That would have sparked absolute mayhem! And as much as i love a loud atmosphere, i felt yesterday was different as in the rivalry did not feel football related, it was more just raw hatred and the players were bang out of order and lacked professionalism.

Riordan's tackle, other Hibs players losing their cool towads the end and hacking.

But the Hearts players were on a different level in terms of twatness. Kyle made a gesture to a Hibee in the FF, and kicked the ball at the East stand fans. Skacel made a gesture to the Hibs fans (i wish Deeks had broke both his legs) and worst of all. Zaliukus made a very rude gesture (W****r sign) to fans in the FF, a family stand, and then today my 7 year old brother did it, and when my mum questioned where he had got that from, he simply said "Zaliukus did it". Totally unproffesional especially to a stand filled with youngsters.

Hopefully we soon get our own back on those ratty, vile, inhumane creatures known as the Yams.

Hopefully we soon get our own back on those ratty, vile, inhumane creatures known as the Yams.[/QUOTE]

Not this season anyway, we will be lucky to get away a low defeat an Tynecastle on the 1st Jan.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    That would have sparked absolute mayhem! And as much as i love a loud atmosphere, i felt yesterday was different as in the rivalry did not feel football related, it was more just raw hatred and the players were bang out of order and lacked professionalism.

Riordan's tackle, other Hibs players losing their cool towads the end and hacking.

But the Hearts players were on a different level in terms of twatness. Kyle made a gesture to a Hibee in the FF, and kicked the ball at the East stand fans. Skacel made a gesture to the Hibs fans (i wish Deeks had broke both his legs) and worst of all. Zaliukus made a very rude gesture (W****r sign) to fans in the FF, a family stand, and then today my 7 year old brother did it, and when my mum questioned where he had got that from, he simply said "Zaliukus did it". Totally unproffesional especially to a stand filled with youngsters.

Hopefully we soon get our own back on those ratty, vile, inhumane creatures known as the Yams.
    I actually thought the FF fans were as much to blame. I saw them giving a couple of players abuse, yet the classic "mammy daddy polis" when the player slagged them back.

For example, some guy called Kyle an ugly b whilst he was getting his head wound treated. Kyle turns back and laughs, as much as to say "look who's talking", cue angry fans gesticulating. They didn't set much example to their kids either.

On a broader note, I would question how much of a family stand the FF is these days. There seem to be a lot of unaccompanied teenagers wandering about, not to mention a couple of "adults" who seem to behave as if they own the place.

Club 12 (2013) Supporter

I'll be first to condone certain behaviour by the Hearts fans/the Union Jack brigade - all teams have an element and anyone who denies it is blinkered but re the Zal incident. The ball went out into the crowd and he walked back onto the pitch when the guy deliberately threw the ball at the back of his head - if it had been me I'd probably have reacted likewise.

Now if that guy is in the family stand behaving like that (presumably with kids there) then thats hardly an example to be showing them on how to behave. It's the usual supporter behaviour though like when Neil Lennon got dogs abuse off Dundde fans (I think) and he gave them a fingered jesture and all these people suddently took the moral highground and were shocked and complained to the police. If you are going to dish out abuse at the players then I think you should be able to take it back (like Rirodan at Tynecastle when he scored the penalty - he recieved abuse for 90 minutes and responded in the best manner possible for you guys).

That siad, the 22 (or 21 come the end) players on the park should be able to go about their business on the park without moronic behaviour of fans endangering them.

Yeah, people in the FF giving those gestures should not have done it in the first place, defeats the purpose of a family stand. However, i still feel the behavior of the players was unacceptable.

Never mind Hibs and Hearts fans, the Celtic fans anti-poppy banners are worse imo

Club 12 (2013) Supporter
    Yeah, people in the FF giving those gestures should not have done it in the first place, defeats the purpose of a family stand. However, i still feel the behavior of the players was unacceptable.

Never mind Hibs and Hearts fans, the Celtic fans anti-poppy banners are worse imo
    I agree Zal was daft and unacceptable and as captain he should know better and I hope Jeffereis fiins him for it but your 100% right re Celtic.

The only thing more embarrassing than their banner was the attempt at spelling of bloodstained

Should the jambo **** be sent a bill for the tens of thousands of damage their fans did to the South Stand yesterday or is that all just part of the game? Would we end up getting a bill for any damage our fans do at away ground?

The famous 5 stand is a waste of space nearly empty every game, well the lower tier is anyway its an embarrassment at times.

Also what happened to this 12th man singing section pash aswell?? Never heard much singing from our end at all as usual apart from maybe the first 15min. That has died a death too.
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 08-11-2010 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Typo

'S' Form
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: leehamji
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    My brother and his mate were walking up London Road after the game yesterday when two Hearts fans obviously noticed his green scarf and started on him. One of them kicked my brother in the ribs and then said that they would get the two of them round the corner in five minutes.
    I got started on one calling me a fen**n b*****d for just walking up(bearing in mind im 16 years old)

I cant believe the sad people on this thread. Not going back because of 10 people throwing coins and two people throwing smokebombs at a football game. Why I dont agree with throwing coins etc, its always going to happen at a derby so deal with it. You should try attending a derby in Turkey, Milan or Argentina then you will see real trouble. That was nothing yesterday.

noticed the Hearts Teeny Keyboard Casuals down the front getting all Leeds United when flare went off.

Wester Hailes Fannies

Quote Originally Posted by Liamcee1994 View Post
    I got started on one calling me a fen**n b*****d for just walking up(bearing in mind im 16 years old)
    dont you know they're up to their knees in Fenian blood? !!

must be messy