hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

When are we allowed to start slagging Calderwood?

Or is it a case of being like Tories and being able to blame all our ills on the previous incumbents?

Must say 3 games in and I'm not too impressed with some of his decisions so far. Surely it doesn't take long to realise that Deeks will never be able to lead the line in his life. (Or lead men for that matter). He can't play with his back to goal. Esp against 4 giants ffs. Our tactics yesterday consisted of lumping it to either de graaf or galbraith and it was just coming straight back. I watched Killie destroy Hearts by playing football from the back which is the only way to play against them. We played right into the hands of an ordinary Hearts team yesterday which makes it even worse. One thing in CC's favour was his use of subs which he used to fix his mistakes. Let's see if he's learned anything but you can't be too hard on him cause im not sure if Mourinho could sort our lot out.

2. Log in to remove the advert

please

After he has lost his first 6 games in a row which is very possible given the mess we are in.

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vla_di_vla View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

you can't be too hard on him cause im not sure if Mourinho could sort our lot out.
    Think you have answered your own question. Until he has managed to get some of his own players in he is stuck with those he has, which are frankly the poorest bunch for years. I think some have already left the club in their heads.

Until after January the guy in basically just trying to keep us afloat.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    This time next year, when player contracts have ran out and CC has brought his own players and idea in.

First Team Breakthrough Hibees07's Avatar
    What surprised me with yesterday's selection was the choice of a midget midfield against a physical team like Hearts.

I hindsight I wonder if a Midfield of Wotherspoon, McBride, Miller & Murray would have competed better. Galbrath & Riordan could have played up top.

Come to think of it, that looks a decent midfield if I don't say so myself.

CC are you reading this!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    If Murray isn't deployed in Midfield next game then I will be a bit puzzled.

He may well have suffered 3 defeats but I don't blame him in the slightest. He's inherited what I believe to be the worst crop of players since we were relegated.

As previous posts states: When he gets the dead wood out and brings in some of his own players that's when the jury will be out.

A month ago after reading about the way he sets his teams out to play.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I thought his team selection yesterday was terrible. There you go probably the first one.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I thought his team selection yesterday was terrible. There you go probably the first one.
    We don't have much to work with, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Actually, I agree.

How many games does it take to realise that Rankin is a waste of a jersey? Hopefully, it's 2 and a half. As previously mentioned, the midfield is still far too lightweight and he could at least shuffle the pack a little to do something about it. Finally, Riordan as a lone target man... I don't think so.

The least we can expect, though, is that he starts to recognise some of the issues and addresses them. He has also only had three full games so far and it may be he wants to give the current 'first picks' a chance to show their worth. At least, that's what I keep telling myself

Or is it a case of being like Tories and being able to blame all our ills on the previous incumbents?

Must say 3 games in and I'm not too impressed with some of his decisions so far. Surely it doesn't take long to realise that Deeks will never be able to lead the line in his life. (Or lead men for that matter). He can't play with his back to goal. Esp against 4 giants ffs. Our tactics yesterday consisted of lumping it to either de graaf or galbraith and it was just coming straight back. I watched Killie destroy Hearts by playing football from the back which is the only way to play against them. We played right into the hands of an ordinary Hearts team yesterday which makes it even worse. One thing in CC's favour was his use of subs which he used to fix his mistakes. Let's see if he's learned anything but you can't be too hard on him cause im not sure if Mourinho could sort our lot out.

How about each time we get beat and play terribly? 3 games 3 defeats: no progress - why would anyone not want to criticise?

I am not saying that those who have said Calderwood has made mistakes already are wrong, but I think we have to allow him mistakes this early in. I think it will take him a few more games to realise the full situation concerning his pool. I also feel he should appoint a number two sooner than later because he has a lot of work on his hands. The appointment of a good number two is vital. I hope he comes good and as he realises the full set of problems he faces he doesn't waiver.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    And what would that achieve?

Blaming the manager each time lets the players off the hook for whatever goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    We don't have much to work with, tbh.
    Very true, so it makes it even more important you get the team selection right, and imho he didn't. That midfield he picked was awful. Not nearly enough battling qualities, far too lightweight and little creativity. Its is difficult especially as you say we dont have much to work with, but what he did pick was virtually surrendering the middle of the park. And one up front.

Personally I would wait until he gets rid of Evans and Stevenson who in my opinion were part of the previous problem and till he gets his own man in, then we may see what he is made of.

@hibs.net private member
    Its started.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IFONLY View Post
    Personally I would wait until he gets rid of Evans and Stevenson who in my opinion were part of the previous problem and till he gets his own man in, then we may see what he is made of.
    Stevenson didn't work with the first team before, he was a youth team coach. He's only been helping out with the first team since Yogi and Rice left.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    I can't blame him for going with riordan alone up front. It shows how short of options we are. At least he
    made the subs that we were probably all thinking.

We floated between poor and average according to Calderwood. I never spotted the average part.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I can't blame him for going with riordan alone up front. It shows how short of options we are. At least he
    made the subs that we were probably all thinking.
    But surely he has to also impress on the team that they have to then get the ball to Riordan - no ball, no game - or is three weeks not enough time to get part 2 of the tactic through to them?

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Yep, let's get the 90% polls up and running. Why wait 12-18 months when we could get rid of this one in super-quick time?

Who next? Martin O'Neill's still out of work. Could we tempt Vincente del Bosque to leave his job and come to the mighty Hibees?

Or...we could realise that it's not all the manager, and actually never has been.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeystewart View Post
    This time next year, when player contracts have ran out and CC has brought his own players and idea in.
    correct

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    Yep, let's get the 90% polls up and running. Why wait 12-18 months when we could get rid of this one in super-quick time?

Who next? Martin O'Neill's still out of work. Could we tempt Vincente del Bosque to leave his job and come to the mighty Hibees?

Or...we could realise that it's not all the manager, and actually never has been.
    If you are saying its about the players then I agree with you. I

I am not sure that getting the ball to Riordan was the answer. In among four hefty defenders he would stand little chance. IMO we had to come through the middle with the ball in numbers yesterday and it didn't happen any where near often enough.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    CC has got to be given a decent chance before people can start taking pot shots at him directly. I have faith and belive he will turn this around.

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    I am not sure that getting the ball to Riordan was the answer. In among four hefty defenders he would stand little chance. IMO we had to come through the middle with the ball in numbers yesterday and it didn't happen any where near often enough.
    I believe thats because that midfield we picked yesterday is the worst midfield in the SPL.

I don't think we can blame the manager for the current situation.

I was very vocal about my dislike of Yogi and the way his team played, i blamed him for the performances and results. Maybe i was wrong and it wasn't his fault. Despite Calderwood making changes to the shape and, to some extent, the personnel it's still total garbage.

There is a serious problem at ER. For some reason we have no team spirit. Going out to the boozer together might seem like togetherness but it's no use if you won't help each other out on the park. Roy Keane hated half his team mates at Man Utd but he would have run over broken glass to protect them in a game, they would have done the same for him. That's team spirit.

The players and, for too long, some of the fans seem to have accepted mediocrity. We are never going to win the league but good cup runs and 3rd place should be acheivable. When you look at the SPL budgets it should be a straight scrap between us and the yams for 3rd every year. Instead we are in a relegation battle, and make no mistake we most certainly can go down. It's just not good enough and the players have to take responsibility. Ok they might not be technically brilliant but that doesn't stop them giving 100% effort and making up for lack of talent in hard work and commitment. The fact we can potentially get shot of 16 players in the summer is a great thing IMO, it means we can bring in players and rebuild the whole mentality at the club from scratch. I just hope the wastes of space currently masquerading as our 1st team have enough professional pride to make sure we don't start the rebuilding in the 1st Division.

I would say now.

Rankin taking set pieces (he cant pick a player out or get the ball into the danger area so stop him taking them)

Riordan as the lone striker and trying to play high balls to him - SHOCKING!

Derek Riordan as captain is a crazy choice also. Everybody knows he is a hot head and I was surprised he last so long yesterday without getting sent / taken off.

Playing Liam Miller - That boy should get a job in Vegas with the vanishing acts he pulls during games. Also when you are 1-0 down and need to up the tempo this idiot plays the ball back to keeper 99 times out of 100. Also was scared of every 50/50 yesterday.