hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

rankin and galbraith and nish

Why are these guys even in our first team, rankin hits one good shot every 20 games and puts in one good cross every six months yet still gets a game, what does he offer that mcbride doesnt offer, when miller and mcbride play in the middle i always think we look a bit more solid. People on here had been moaning for ages that hughes should have been giving galbraith a game more often but in the last few weeks its been pretty obvious why he hasnt been getting a game as he is rank rotten, if wotherspoon was on the bench then he is fit to play and IMO should have started out wide right as he is ten times the player that galbraith will ever be. As for Nish, Ive never been a fan of his but when he isnt playing you certainly notice the difference, even if he doesnt win the ball in the air at least he is trying to win it and gives us that option. to many times today and in previous weeks the ball has been humped up to riordan who is never going to win a ball in the air. Hopefully calderwood has the balls to change things and get some guys in there who want to win games, ie murray and wotherspoon and hogg

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Galbraith ain't a right winger.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Galbraith ain't a right winger.
    so because he isnt right footed means he cant play right wing?

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    so because he isnt right footed means he cant play right wing?
    Did I say that ? No, Galbraith is not a right winger. David Blunkett could see that ffs.

Did I say that ? No, Galbraith is not a right winger. David Blunkett could see that ffs.

Galbraith in my opinion is a very average player who shouldnt even be playing in our first team, tell me a time when he has been playing left midfield and he has knocked the ball past someone and put in quality cross because i cant remember him doing this so it doesnt really matter if he is playing left or right as the end product is always the same, him and rankin must be amazing in training if the coaches think they are better han what we have on the bench as they are gash in games

Galbraith in my opinion is a very average player who shouldnt even be playing in our first team, tell me a time when he has been playing left midfield and he has knocked the ball past someone and put in quality cross because i cant remember him doing this so it doesnt really matter if he is playing left or right as the end product is always the same, him and rankin must be amazing in training if the coaches think they are better han what we have on the bench as they are gash in games
    He came on against Rangers and ripped the piss out of 2 defenders. He came on at Parkhead and scored the winner. He came on against Killie and his pace won us a free kick which Deek converted to win the game. Can I ask who on the bench is better than Rankin and Galbraith? We've got a tiny squad. CC can only piss with the cock he has got.

He came on against Rangers and ripped the piss out of 2 defenders. He came on at Parkhead and scored the winner. He came on against Killie and his pace won us a free kick which Deek converted to win the game. Can I ask who on the bench is better than Rankin and Galbraith? We've got a tiny squad. CC can only piss with the cock he has got.
    murray, wotherspoon, mcbride would all have played better than these two today, change formation and play trakys up front and get riordan back out left midfield in the short term if he wants one up front, ill give you the rangers game, the celtic game yip he did score but he wasnt playing out on the wing so maybe he isnt a winger but more of a central attacking player

murray, wotherspoon, mcbride would all have played better than these two today, change formation and play trakys up front and get riordan back out left midfield in the short term if he wants one up front, ill give you the rangers game, the celtic game yip he did score but he wasnt playing out on the wing so maybe he isnt a winger but more of a central attacking player
    I do agree with what your saying mate but we did not have many options to try different things today . The fact is we need more players and better players at that

Why are these guys even in our first team, rankin hits one good shot every 20 games and puts in one good cross every six months yet still gets a game, what does he offer that mcbride doesnt offer, when miller and mcbride play in the middle i always think we look a bit more solid. People on here had been moaning for ages that hughes should have been giving galbraith a game more often but in the last few weeks its been pretty obvious why he hasnt been getting a game as he is rank rotten, if wotherspoon was on the bench then he is fit to play and IMO should have started out wide right as he is ten times the player that galbraith will ever be. As for Nish, Ive never been a fan of his but when he isnt playing you certainly notice the difference, even if he doesnt win the ball in the air at least he is trying to win it and gives us that option. to many times today and in previous weeks the ball has been humped up to riordan who is never going to win a ball in the air. Hopefully calderwood has the balls to change things and get some guys in there who want to win games, ie murray and wotherspoon and hogg
    And the usual blame Nishy and Rankin thread (even though Nish was out injured).....

Maybe turn your attention to Bamba, who thinks he is God, Miller who is a total imposter, and Deek the Captain who has little motivational skills and little of the way of encouraging team mates.........

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    And the usual blame Nishy and Rankin thread (even though Nish was out injured).....

Maybe turn your attention to Bamba, who thinks he is God, Miller who is a total imposter, and Deek the Captain who has little motivational skills and little of the way of encouraging team mates.........
    I read that as saying DH felt we missed Nish, even though he wasn't Nish's biggest fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I read that as saying DH felt we missed Nish, even though he wasn't Nish's biggest fan?
    Read it too quickly Zorro, only read the opening sentence so agree about Nish...... Sorry to the opening poster

Galbraith proved yesterday, beyond any doubt, that he's no better than mediocre. If he's the answer, we're asking the wrong questions.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Galbraith proved yesterday, beyond any doubt, that he's no better than mediocre. If he's the answer, we're asking the wrong questions.
    He wasn't helped by the continuous high ball punted to him, I can't remember him winning a header yet we still persisted with it.

Coaching Staff
    Don't think Danny was helped by 1) Brown always pinging hopeful high balls to him when he was up against Palazuelos, a 6'1 player, and 2) Grounds doing likewise. I lost count of the hopeful long balls into no one, and the times we lost possession from our countless throw-in's and corners. The throw in one is a bug bear of mine.......I can't remember a side being so poor from such an easy technique.

Rankin's form yesterday was inexcusable. How you cannot beat a wall, or get beyond the first man from free kicks or corners is unacceptable in any level of football. Like in Perth, plays with his back to the opposition, needing to turn inside at all times, into trouble, and onto his left foot.

The team, not CC's fault, has no balance. The midfield 5 yesterday were extras from The Hobbit. There is no ball winner or steel. I would say put Bamba in there for height and physicality, and maybe try Stephens alongside Hanlon or Dickoh. Even Murray could come in and play CH. Grounds just looks painfully slow and laboured.

For me, JJ clearly looked at the DVD of Hibs v Hamilton. Little Hasselbaink and Paxiao ran at the Hibs defence, from just off the strikers. Hibs were ignorant and no doubt thought Kyle would be the outball and they would feed off that. They didn't. They played on the deck, allowed Hibs the ball because they knew they had little impact in the final third, and they played counter attack. Nolt rocket science......just basic good management. It's easy to beat Hibs for one reason and one alone. Pace up front. Whether it's a ball over the top, or running at them, our defence cannot cope. We are the only side in the league without pace ourselves, either in midfield, full back area, or up top. Teams must simply love playing us.

Hearts have a better team, better squad, and leaders on the pitch. We don't. So pains me to say that it's untrue. And to make us all feel worse, that was without Wallace and Driver.

John Hughes, I will keep reiterating, got us and this side into the mess they are in. The players take the blame, of course they do, but they were wrapped up in cotton wool, got away with murder and had no discipline, and he allowed a drink/gambling culture to develop and remain IMHO. If they out as much effort into footballing skills as they do their coupons and accumulators, what a team we would have.

This won't get sorted until we rid the club of many players, and I would include a couple of so called "mavericks".

I liked CC's interview afterwards. He clearly knows what's wrong and is being hugely diplomatic in the public eye. Behind the scenes I am 100% confident that once he makes his mark, many of those players will be signing on come summer.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    The back 4 apart we need to replace most of whats in front of them, and i include those who were injured and not playing yesterday. And the manager needs to have a look at himself too. Persisting with Stevenson and Rankin in midfield is crazy. They never have and never will be good enough. I'm beginning to see what Hughes was trying to do regarding these 16-18 players who are out of contract at the end of this season. We have a major rebuilding job on our hands, we better hope CC can find the right players, as he does not have the ability to get anything out of this lot.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I liked CC's interview afterwards. He clearly knows what's wrong and is being hugely diplomatic in the public eye. Behind the scenes I am 100% confident that once he makes his mark, many of those players will be signing on come summer.
    That was the one bright spot yesterday for me. Whilst Calderwood was being relatively diplomatic, he made it clear that it was unacceptable. If Hughes had still been in charge, we would have heard "I can't ask any more of the boys".

That was the one bright spot yesterday for me. Whilst Calderwood was being relatively diplomatic, he made it clear that it was unacceptable. If Hughes had still been in charge, we would have heard "I can't ask any more of the boys".
    Makes no difference to me what any manager says after a game. Especially a game where we are beaten. Its all bull**** anyway.

What's all this CC was the only bright spot yesterday???
    He picked the team, he set it up, he choose the tactics (sic) - he organised the training, motivated the team: he's the man in charge - what was so bright about his performance yesterday - his interview afterwards? Let's face it the team he was in charge of was atrocious.
    Or is all still Yogi's fault?? Why do people simply assume that CC will ditch all Yogi's players and any others to then bring in his own whereupon everything will be OK? Haven't we been down that road before - like everytime we get a new manager, of which we've had so many recently? I don't mind prasing CC when he gets it right, but he hasn't got anything right yet as far as I can see.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    It doesn't matter who plays.

Hogg's been gash for months, we drop him, the defence is still pish. Hart's brought back in, we think "decent full back" then he's at fault for goals like the 2 yesterday. Nish was getting dogs abuse, now he's out and we're even worse. Everyone clamours for Galbraith to get a game, he plays and he does nowt. Rankin was poor beyond belief yet again, but when he's left out you guessed it, we're STILL pish.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    It doesn't matter who plays.

Hogg's been gash for months, we drop him, the defence is still pish. Hart's brought back in, we think "decent full back" then he's at fault for goals like the 2 yesterday. Nish was getting dogs abuse, now he's out and we're even worse. Everyone clamours for Galbraith to get a game, he plays and he does nowt. Rankin was poor beyond belief yet again, but when he's left out you guessed it, we're STILL pish.

We have a chance this summer to have a huge clear out. The big question though is do we have enough about us to stay up? If we can, then CC has a virtual blank canvas to start on. If he's good enough, and can bring in better quality than we currently have, then we should do well. He has to bring in 6 good quality players, not 16 poor to average ones.

Blog Entries
    This the same Danny Galbraith that last year despite minimal chances set up benjis winner VS st mirren on the opening game, scored the winner at parkhead, won the free kick that riordan scored in the 1-0 win at ER? the boys hardly been given a chance, he's been on the sidelines for the best part of a year and to come straight into a team like ours and expect immediate performances I find hard on the lad, if rankin had scored last weeks pen that Galbraith won and it finished 1-0 I doubt he'd get as much stick. Let the boy find his feet before making judgements. He hasn't had the 2/3 seasons at it like the other 2 mentioned.

As for the other two, if there was ever a performance that showed why rankin shouldn't be at our club it was yesterday, contributed heehaw. Nish can go to, Although we did miss him yesterday...that's how worrying our current state is

Quote Originally Posted by Deek01 View Post
    This the same Danny Galbraith that last year despite minimal chances set up benjis winner VS st mirren on the opening game, scored the winner at parkhead, won the free kick that riordan scored in the 1-0 win at ER? the boys hardly been given a chance, he's been on the sidelines for the best part of a year and to come straight into a team like ours and expect immediate performances I find hard on the lad, if rankin had scored last weeks pen that Galbraith won and it finished 1-0 I doubt he'd get as much stick. Let the boy find his feet before making judgements. He hasn't had the 2/3 seasons at it like the other 2 mentioned.

As for the other two, if there was ever a performance that showed why rankin shouldn't be at our club it was yesterday, contributed heehaw. Nish can go to, Although we did miss him yesterday...that's how worrying our current state is
    Galbraith was as awful as anybody else yesterday - when he has a good game praise him, but yesterday's performance does not auger well for his future at ER. I don't expect him to work wonders or do everything right, but he seemed to me to do nothing right yesterday - but then he wasn't alone in that respect. I'm not sure we should keep him on the basis of anything he has shown for us up to now, but he can convince me I'm wrong anytime he's on the park - I'm open minded about him.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Galbraith is a down and out left winger and that's where he should be played.

It seems to be a fashionable thing these days to play guys out of their natural positions and then expect them to come up with the goods.

I can only presume that CC has already sussed out that he has limited selection options available but playing a guy like Galbraith on the wrong side of the park is not the answer.

Agree with that. Pining for Nish is one of the more bizarre aspects of the mess we are in. He should still be one of the first to be freed at the end of the season along with most of that first team squad.

Lets face it. We didnt deserve to get anything from yesterday ENDOF. They were up for it...they are no great shakes but letting a guy run across 4 players then Bamba...looking like bambi on ice...keep slipping...let the ball run past him bang number 2.

We are total and utter **** and CC knows this. I for one think it is going to be a very very long season and we need to avoid relegation at all costs.

I for one will not judge CC until he brings his own team in. I am glad we have 16 out of contract and going on the last few performances most..if not all of them can go.

O and before we start Hughes got us into this miss buying the pish he did....he for me is on a par with Duff Jim.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    Galbraith was as awful as anybody else yesterday - when he has a good game praise him, but yesterday's performance does not auger well for his future at ER. I don't expect him to work wonders or do everything right, but he seemed to me to do nothing right yesterday - but then he wasn't alone in that respect. I'm not sure we should keep him on the basis of anything he has shown for us up to now, but he can convince me I'm wrong anytime he's on the park - I'm open minded about him.

Agreed he was poor yesterday. My main point is just it's hard for a young lad to come in after such lengthy spells on the sidelines and perform. He hasn't had the run of games/seasons as the other 2. I hope he comes good, I'm a fan of his.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Agreed he was poor yesterday. My main point is just it's hard for a young lad to come in after such lengthy spells on the sidelines and perform. He hasn't had the run of games/seasons as the other 2. I hope he comes good, I'm a fan of his.

Chances are he'll be dropped for Wednesday while others will continue to be automatic picks despite being utter garbage for months on end.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post

Chances are he'll be dropped for Wednesday while others will continue to be automatic picks despite being utter garbage for months on end.
    I think he was poor due to (as previously menetioned) constant high balls to him which the Yams full back relished as he was almost a foot taller than DG, he had little chance to show what he could do.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    What's all this CC was the only bright spot yesterday???
    He picked the team, he set it up, he choose the tactics (sic) - he organised the training, motivated the team: he's the man in charge - what was so bright about his performance yesterday - his interview afterwards? Let's face it the team he was in charge of was atrocious.
    Or is all still Yogi's fault?? Why do people simply assume that CC will ditch all Yogi's players and any others to then bring in his own whereupon everything will be OK? Haven't we been down that road before - like everytime we get a new manager, of which we've had so many recently? I don't mind prasing CC when he gets it right, but he hasn't got anything right yet as far as I can see.
    He's only p*ssing with the c**k he's got. Give the guy at least one window before you judge him.

He's only p*ssing with the c**k he's got. Give the guy at least one window before you judge him.
    No way - I'm fed up believing in the myth of the transfer window - I judge the guy on results alone - three defeats in a row and counting.