hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

To those of you who "enjoyed" Riordan's lunge at Skacel

You need to take a long hard look at yourselves. Riordan tried to break the guys leg FFS - it was ridiculous and pathetic. It is a pity that the "Shameful" thread was closed earlier (why admins?)

The game was lost and he gets needlessly sent off - giving the Hearts fans even more to p*ss themselves laughing about. Then, the actions that followed as a direct result of his sending off (coin throwing etc) will lead to the club being fined no doubt.

And the final icing on the cake is that we are now without our best player for a couple of games (presumably) and he is the only one that ever looks remotely likely to score.

Here's what the match report from the official site says about Riordan's tackle :-

In the final moments a bitterly disappointing afternoon was made worse when Riordan received a straight red card for a terrible lunge on Skacel.

We must have the thickest fans in the world if they enjoyed Riordan's moment of madness.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    he can wave bye bye to any chance of being in the Scotland Squad. He had a real opportunity to push for a slot in the friendly later this month, but he has well and truly *****ed that up!

Awful tackle and exactly the type of thing that proves he should not be captain. The fact that Calderwood hasnt said anything to him and looked away from him as he came off the park says what he thinks of it. I wouldnt be surprised if Deeks does leave us soon. He is fed up with the club and that tackle shows his frustrations
    Hibernian Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by HFC_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he can wave bye bye to any chance of being in the Scotland Squad. He had a real opportunity to push for a slot in the friendly later this month, but he has well and truly *****ed that up!

Awful tackle and exactly the type of thing that proves he should not be captain. The fact that Calderwood hasnt said anything to him and looked away from him as he came off the park says what he thinks of it. I wouldnt be surprised if Deeks does leave us soon. He is fed up with the club and that tackle shows his frustrations
    It was lunacy at best.....Not fit to be captain......

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Just a few of us getting carried away with frustration.

I've seen worse tackles...but Riordan shows his irresponsibilty again.

How many chances for this lad?

CC looked dissapointed in him.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Total stupidity from Riordan regarding the sending off.

As someone who was desperate for him to stay after his contract runs out, a combination of his madness today and the fact that I heard from a reliable mate that he's looking for a final payday from the Championship when his contract runs out, all I can hope is that he screws the nut and helps us stay up before he clears off.

I am usually one of Riordan's biggest fans but I won't defend what he did today. I have only seen his tackle once, at the game, and haven't seen it again on TV but I don't believe I need to see it again. I thought it was a bad tackle at the time, one worthy of a red card, and I don't think my opinion will change by seeing it on TV.

What he did was stupid, unnecessary and extremely reckless.

He let the rest of his teammates down today with those actions and I expected a lot better from our captain.

Riordan's actions were that of a fan as I'm quite sure that a lot of our fans would have liked to put in that kind of tackle on Skacel today but our players have to be professional and in the case of those players who happen to be fans, such as Riordan, they have can't allow their heart to rule their head.

Testimonial Due
    At least one person has shown some commitment... he was the only one.
    That game was ****ing pathetic from anyone giving us some commitment.
    Ive seen a more aggressive sausage barbeque at the Corstorphine fair.

TIME TO ROLL YOUR SLEEVES UP, YOU OVER PAID AMBITIONLESS PWICKS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ants View Post

Was it really commitment though.... It was needless and he now gets automatic ban for Wednesday......It was sheer stupidity IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Was it really commitment though.... It was needless and he now gets automatic ban for Wednesday......It was sheer stupidity IMO
    Made a bad afternoon even worse.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    I am usually one of Riordan's biggest fans but I won't defend what he did today. I have only seen his tackle once, at the game, and haven't seen it again on TV but I don't believe I need to see it again. I thought it was a bad tackle at the time, one worthy of a red card, and I don't think my opinion will change by seeing it on TV.

What he did was stupid, unnecessary and extremely reckless.

He let the rest of his teammates down today with those actions and I expected a lot better from our captain.

Riordan's actions were that of a fan as I'm quite sure that a lot of our fans would have liked to put in that kind of tackle on Skacel today but our players have to be professional and in the case of those players who happen to be fans, such as Riordan, they have can't allow their heart to rule their head.
    One of the most annoying things for me is that the Hearts fans were/still are p*ssing themselves laughing at him, us and our club because of the tackle.

Also, him being ruled out of forthcoming game lessens our chances of scoring from almost zero to zero!

Some clowns (Hibsbollah and HarpandCastle) on the "Shameful" thread which was closed earlier were saying they enjoyed the tackle and wished Skacel's career had ended etc etc.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?196781-Shameful

Pretty despicable stuff really.

I agree with your sentiments mate, however Riordans actions were not "commitment" they were just plain daft and childish IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice Of Reason View Post
    One of the most annoying things for me is that the Hearts fans were/still are p*ssing themselves laughing at him, us and our club because of the tackle.

Also, him being ruled out of forthcoming game lessens our chances of scoring from almost zero to zero!

Some clowns (Hibsbollah and HarpandCastle) on the "Shameful" thread which was closed earlier were saying they enjoyed the tackle and wished Skacel's career had ended etc etc.

You a school teacher or something?

Dinnae invite me to any of your parties.

If you pissed off with any fellow .netters, rather than start a whole new thread on how outraged you are, may I suggest you either inform an admin of your "horror" or PM Harpand castle and Hibsbollah and tell them you'll not get much sleep.

FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    You a school teacher or something?

Dinnae invite me to any of your parties.

If you pissed off with any fellow .netters, rather than start a whole new thread on how outraged you are, may I suggest you either inform an admin of your "horror" or PM Harpand castle and Hibsbollah and tell them you'll not get much sleep.

FFS
    Pretty predictable response from you......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I'll drop you a PM (once I find out how to do that) the next time I want to post something......just to check that it meets with your approval.

P.S Do you fancy coming to a party ?

To be honest, I couldn't really care less about Rudi Skacel (although I would stop short of saying that I wish his career had been ended), my only concern is with Hibs and if it was actually possible for the team to get any worse than it already was, that will now happen thanks to Riordan's indiscipline.

We hardly have any strikers as it is, that position will now be made even worse over the next couple of games as our top scorer sits in the stand serving out his suspension.

Given his previous Skacel it was a moment of sheer stupidity, and as Captain, we should expect more from him really.

We have 1 fit striker and he's got himself pointlessly banned for at least one game. Idiot.

I can only imagine the people applauding that tackle were the same pr1cks throwing coins.

Blog Entries

Nah - it was just embarrassing.

Theres a world of difference between commitment (which is what fans have), and being professional (which is what we are supposed from the team to get in return for our commitment).

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    just arrived back fi the game....sung my heart out today..... before, during and after the game...... we were awful today... i hear what your saying about the challenge but to be fair it was the best moment in the game from our point of view.. skacel is a wee ****, least deek cares....but ur right it now leaves us in a bad position as we have several games coming up that deeks can't play in.....it's gonna be a long season lads rebuilding time... ps how good is the stadium fantstic place to watch football

Left by mutual consent!
    do-gooders do my nut in.

Riordan isn't capable of ending anyones career in a tackle.

A daft lunge with mild intent - yeah. Silly..absolutely.

An immediate ban won't make a jot of difference at Ibrox in midweek as the chances of us scoring there are less than remote at best.

Skacel is an irritating git....full stop.

He inflamed the situation as much as anyone and should be fined/banned for his actions (not the first time we've encountered such actions from him)

I don't recall seeing Skacel getting a stretcher ride off the park and retiring from the game, if we are going to have a thread about career ending challenges let's continue from this point onward with Neil Berry's challenge on Paul Wright at Easter Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    do-gooders do my nut in.

An immediate ban won't make a jot of difference at Ibrox in midweek as the chances of us scoring there are less than remote at best.

He inflamed the situation as much as anyone and should be fined/banned for his actions (not the first time we've encountered such actions from him)

I don't recall seeing Skacel getting a stretcher ride off the park and retiring from the game, if we are going to have a thread about career ending challenges let's continue from this point onward with Neil Berry's challenge on Paul Wright at Easter Road.
    We had a better chance of scoring on Wednesday with DR in the team.........

He lost the plot today and not the way a captain should behave.......That said he is never captain material anyway

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    We had a better chance of scoring on Wednesday with DR in the team.........

He lost the plot today and not the way a captain should behave.......That said he is never captain material anyway

Forget Ibrox, we'll get humped there.

There's not a captain in that bunch but someone had to step forward for the toss/pictures, so aswell making it Riordan.

Left by mutual consent!
    You need to take a long hard look at yourselves. Riordan tried to break the guys leg FFS - it was ridiculous and pathetic. It is a pity that the "Shameful" thread was closed earlier (why admins?)

The game was lost and he gets needlessly sent off - giving the Hearts fans even more to p*ss themselves laughing about. Then, the actions that followed as a direct result of his sending off (coin throwing etc) will lead to the club being fined no doubt.

And the final icing on the cake is that we are now without our best player for a couple of games (presumably) and he is the only one that ever looks remotely likely to score.

Here's what the match report from the official site says about Riordan's tackle :-

In the final moments a bitterly disappointing afternoon was made worse when Riordan received a straight red card for a terrible lunge on Skacel.

We must have the thickest fans in the world if they enjoyed Riordan's moment of madness.
    A bit ott bud. I watched it at the match and have watched it a few times on the tv. The tackle was high, he hit him on the side of the knee, but the way it's been portrayed here, it's like a career finishing tackle. It was a stupid lunge and he should have known better. Skacel on the other hand got up after rolling round for a few seconds and ran round to the Hearts supporters with a big GIRUY Hibees. He won't miss the next match for them.

There's not a captain in that bunch but someone had to step forward for the toss/pictures, so aswell making it Riordan.
    That's where the game was lost. They had far more tossers than us.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Blog Entries
    do-gooders do my nut in.

Do-gooders? WTF??

Fans being p!ssed off with our captain losing the plot, commiting a challenge that was only ever going to end with a red card that gets him banned for the next game is being a do-gooder?

I dont give a flying one about Skacel - it was the stupidity of the act that did my head.

We may well get humped, but I would rather play with our better players and at least give ourselves a chance of gaining something out of match...... Inverness managed a point there last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoCarpets View Post
    Do-gooders? WTF??

Fans being p!ssed off with our captain losing the plot, commiting a challenge that was only ever going to end with a red card that gets him banned for the next game is being a do-gooder?

I dont give a flying one about Skacel - it was the stupidity of the act that did my head.

Neil Berry's challenge on Paul Wright at Easter Road.
    Now that was a tackle!!

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoCarpets View Post
    Nah - it was just embarrassing.

Theres a world of difference between commitment (which is what fans have), and being professional (which is what we are supposed from the team to get in return for our commitment).
    The whole game was embarrasing. From start to finish. Hibs were ****in ***** and we were an embarrasment to watch.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by AFKA5814_Hibs View Post
    The whole game was embarrasing. From start to finish. Hibs were ****in ***** and we were an embarrasment to watch.
    I can tell your calming down a bit
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    I can tell your calming down a bit
    Nut, I'm not, still peeved off, you guessed.

I assume the original thread was closed because of an embarassing amount of sanctimonious self-righteous nonsense. Don't make moral judgements on people based on football.