hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Look of Buster Keaton

I have decided to adapt this stye of dress, popularised by Johnny Depp in the film Benny and Joon. Partly as homage to The Proclaimers, and partly due to a communication breakdown with Mrs Rolls (non Nazi).

What's everyone else wearing to the match today, and why.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    t-shirt, sweatshirt, fleece, coat, thick socks, hat, gloves because it's b*****y freezing

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    What we seem to be missing is a summary from Dashing Bob on the apparel he will be featuring today.... Always cheers me up before a Derby.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    DBS is hovering......brace yourselves, lads, there's an education in apparel coming up.

Don't let me down, Bobby.

I'm wearing ill-fitting loungewear jogging bottoms and a tight G-Star t-shirt that's causing me to perspire.

I've also cleared the house, locked the doors and hit the Stella to prepare for me this afternoon's festivities.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DBS is hovering......brace yourselves, lads, there's an education in apparel coming up.

Don't let me down, Bobby.

I'm wearing ill-fitting loungewear jogging bottoms and a tight G-Star t-shirt that's causing me to perspire.

I've also cleared the house, locked the doors and hit the Stella to prepare for me this afternoon's festivities.
    It's okay now, I reread it and it def says G-Star....

Angry

Sadly I'm not around for the game but IF I WERE I'd succumb to the Scottish late autumnal climes and opt for a hearty pragmatism. Fortunately the real gentlemen harbours the secure knowledge that this does mean a compromise with style. I have some empathy with the redoubtable thespian Rupert Everett who once said 'start at the bottom and work up.' He was, of course, refering to the importance of shoes. I picked up a pair of tough but slick Kenneth Cole short boots the other week, and they combine the essential warmth and comfort with cutting a dash, though not bullying the rest of the outfit as a highly stylized shoe is often wont to do.

Dark grey Armani flanneled trousers with zip (think alcohol, think toileting ease) would be the next stage. I'd probably don a none-too-fussy pastel coloured shirt by Hugo Boss or Paul Smith, so that when I slipped off the Paul and Shark knitwear to dine at the Prestonfield Hotel, there would be a splash of colour and an acceptable enough look for semi formal dining.

A fawn knee-length jacket from Pierre Cardin would make up the outfit. This was one of those 'must have' items which practically mugged me from an 8th Avenue shop window in New York City recently.

Perhaps a lower key choice this time, but I'm seperated by many miles from two things very close to my heart, my club and my wardrobe, and missing terribly the inspiration both give me.

Wishing all Hibs fans a happy day from Instanbul.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sadly I'm not around for the game but IF I WERE I'd succumb to the Scottish late autumnal climes and opt for a hearty pragmatism. Fortunately the real gentlemen harbours the secure knowledge that this does mean a compromise with style. I have some empathy with the redoubtable thespian Rupert Everett who once said 'start at the bottom and work up.' He was, of course, refering to the importance of shoes. I picked up a pair of tough but slick Kenneth Cole short boots the other week, and they combine the essential warmth and comfort with cutting a dash, though not bullying the rest of the outfit as a highly stylized shoe is often wont to do.

Dark grey Armani flanneled trousers with zip (think alcohol, think toileting ease) would be the next stage. I'd probably don a none-too-fussy pastel coloured shirt by Hugo Boss or Paul Smith, so that when I slipped off the Paul and Shark knitwear to dine at the Prestonfield Hotel, there would be a splash of colour and an acceptable enough look for semi formal dining.

A fawn knee-length jacket from Pierre Cardin would make up the outfit. This was one of those 'must have' items which practically mugged me from an 8th Avenue shop window in New York City recently.

Perhaps a lower key choice this time, but I'm seperated by many miles from two things very close to my heart, my club and my wardrobe, and missing terribly the inspiration both give me.

Wishing all Hibs fans a happy day from Instanbul.