hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Mixu - free scoring organised teams, thoughts?

Didn't see it coming myself

But good to see an ex hibs player with no budget, negative balance sheet and crap stadium doing well?...................

2. Log in to remove the advert

Definitely. It's just a shame he couldn't get it to work out the same when he was here. More money, a better pool of players and a better infrastructure but it just didn't seem to work out.

Doing well, yet we beat them

Hibs for some reason has been a bit of a posioned chalice when it comes to managers since Mowbray left, nice to see him doing well.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Simple. Better players.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

But good to see an ex hibs player with no budget, negative balance sheet and crap stadium doing well?...................
    I am sure he will have a budget. I also think it will be a wee bit less than the one he had at ER. But hell yeh good to see him doing well.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    By his own admission, Mixu feels he is a better manager following his year out - where he studied other managers. Looks like we got him too early.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeSince85 View Post
    Doing well, yet we beat them

Hibs for some reason has been a bit of a posioned chalice when it comes to managers since Mowbray left, nice to see him doing well.
    Bit like keepers too. The goalies graveyard.

Nice to see Mixu doing well and I think it's clear that he's learned from his time here and also his year out learning from coaches on the continent. Maybe one day he'll return...

Glad he's doing well. Although obviously if his doing well with Killie puts Hibs in danger this season i hope he doesn't do too well.

Much as he annoyed me with some of his tactics and post match slaverings when he was the manager here, i find i just can't stay angry at the big man for long. A genuinely nice guy who holds a real affection for Hibs.

Mixu

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Simple. Better players.
    Would agree with that. I think Mixu had some players that are better than those at Killie just now, but a large chunk of the squad he had were players whose level was that of bottom 6 SPL or worse, IMHO.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Am I missing something.I know they beat herts n maybe someone else but were they not almost bottom a week or so ago?Im not too sure of my facts but if they are remotely true it doesnt construe sucess surely?I wish Mixu well so long as it doesnt damage Hibs but it aint success in my eyes.

All the best Mixu.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    We're looking quite silly right now.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CmoantheHibs View Post
    Am I missing something.I know they beat herts n maybe someone else but were they not almost bottom a week or so ago?Im not too sure of my facts but if they are remotely true it doesnt construe sucess surely?I wish Mixu well so long as it doesnt damage Hibs but it aint success in my eyes.
    What? His team were written off as relegation candidates, with no money, the club in turmoil, and a miniscule playing squad. He's got them sitting midtable when they would have just been happy to avoid the drop.

FR - the accusations to Mixu from some quarters were that he wasn't learning, and that he would never learn. I would have been happy to allow Mixu to learn as Hibs manager. I take great pride in my teams reputation for being faithful to young players, and I would have taken pride in them being faithful to a young manager. But thanks to "fan power", the board, essentially, managed him out the door - as good as sacking.

I was FUMING when I heard he was sacked (to which Mountcastle Hibs will testify....in fact, he may have been the victim of my next tackle as soon as news reached the Holyrood playing fields!), and I take a great deal of pleasure in the discomfort that any Hibs fan who ridiculed him as manager of our club may experience, when he is doing well.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CmoantheHibs View Post
    Success was not part of the thread, I based my observation, for debate, on 2 played 6 scored, none conceded.....

Even outwith those two games Killie have been playing very well this season. The Rangers game b4 the Hearts win the had something like 21 shots at goal and got beat 2-0. When we beat them a few weeks back we were extremely lucky, Hoggs equaliser was probably our first chance. If he can get a good quality striker in there with Eremenko pulling the strings they will be a pretty strong team indeed.

Blog Entries

Agree but highlighted bit is a bit harsh as its decent compared to many, and their financial probls are partly related to ground re-development / need for all seated

Whilst I'm glad to see Mixu doing well, we of all people know that a good first quarter doesn't make a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Filled Rolls View Post
    By his own admission, Mixu feels he is a better manager following his year out - where he studied other managers. Looks like we got him too early.

Same problem with Collins. I couldn't understand the rush to get Collins when he had no management experience, and it ended up being a big problem. I though Mixu would do well here, but again he didn't know how to deal with certain things, perhaps for similar reasons.

That's why I wanted Hibs to employ a manager who was over 50 and had been a (proven) manager for at least ten years. But I'm not going there again.....

Mixu did really well for Cowdenbeath and his Finnish club prior to coming to ER. He's now undoubtedly showing he's an astute boss at Killie, yet it didnt happen for him at Hibs.

I wonder why the Hibs job is such a difficult one at the moment?

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Killie are playing good football.

Something we have to get back to doing sharpish...

Collins Mixu and Hughes were all well capable of finding success as managers

But there have been major obstacles to success at Easter Road for several years and until they are resolved, every coach appointed will be effectively working with his hands tied behind his back

[QUOTE=325EasterRoad;2627921]Collins Mixu and Hughes were all well capable of finding success as managers

But there have been major obstacles to success at Easter Road for several years and until they are resolved, every coach appointed will be effectively working with his hands tied behind his back[/QUOTE]

Care to expand, bearing in mind that outwith the OF and Hearts, Hibs have most probably spent the most in the SPL on wages/signing on fees/compensation in the SPL

Looking forward to this explanation..........
    Last edited by lyonhibs; 06-11-2010 at 11:21 PM.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 325EasterRoad View Post
    But there have been major obstacles to success at Easter Road for several years and until they are resolved, every coach appointed will be effectively working with his hands tied behind his back
    utter pish

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    utter pish
    That was roughly my sentiment, but you expressed it SO much more eloquently

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Mixu's got some good players at Killie, they outplayed Hibs at ER a few weeks ago even though we beat them.

I noticed at the game at ER he was still going for playing the ball out from the goalkeeper EVERY time which he tried to do at Hibs. Good luck to him, but he'll realise like at ER, it doesn't always work out for him that way.

But Killie are doing well at the moment, fair play to the big guy, they have put together a few good results, hope it works out for him as he's a likeable guy, as long as CC does better!

Mixu Pataleinnen, what a f***kin signin.......
    Aw the best tae him....`cept when Killie play Hibs obviously..!!!!
    Last edited by SurferRosa; 06-11-2010 at 11:51 PM.

The issue with the hibs job is unfortunately the same issue collins, mixu and yogi have all had ....

The Culture of the players

None of the above men a bad managers and all are more than good enougth to manage us but untill we get rid of the players and start again. every manager is going to have the same problem... the minute petrie choose the players over the manager is where the problems started

Still reckon we will pump the dirty jambos tommorow tho :)

Success was not part of the thread, I based my observation, for debate, on 2 played 6 scored, none conceded.....
    Sorry didnt realise the thread was being based on his last 2 games.Cannot deny that they have been 2 tremendous results for Killie and judging by reports they had been playing well prior to them also.Like I said previously I wish him well so long as its not to our detriment

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    What? His team were written off as relegation candidates, with no money, the club in turmoil, and a miniscule playing squad. He's got them sitting midtable when they would have just been happy to avoid the drop.

FR - the accusations to Mixu from some quarters were that he wasn't learning, and that he would never learn. I would have been happy to allow Mixu to learn as Hibs manager. I take great pride in my teams reputation for being faithful to young players, and I would have taken pride in them being faithful to a young manager. But thanks to "fan power", the board, essentially, managed him out the door - as good as sacking.

I was FUMING when I heard he was sacked (to which Mountcastle Hibs will testify....in fact, he may have been the victim of my next tackle as soon as news reached the Holyrood playing fields!), and I take a great deal of pleasure in the discomfort that any Hibs fan who ridiculed him as manager of our club may experience, when he is doing well.
    At least half the league were relegation candidates,with a small squad and no money.They are sitting mid-table but its a tight league and 2 wins on the trot usually means you climb a good few places.They have had a good week with 2 excellent results but they could easily be dragged into a relegation scrap again.Judging by reports Mixu seems to have them playing well and that is to the big mans credit.Good luck to him.
    Wouldnt the world be a much more special place if in a weeks time we are reflecting on winning our last 2 games.

Left by mutual consent!
    This sacking is a good example of supporters knowing **** all.