hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnhunts99

Murray/Bamba CM Sunday

First post on .net!!

Any chance of CC adding a bit of meat to the midfield on Sunday?

Would love to see Murray in there myself - his passion might rub off on the rest of the team. If not then would rather Bamba was deployed in a mixu-esque holding role. Without a bit of bite in there I can see us having the same old problems vs them come the sabbath!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by soproni1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First post on .net!!

Would love to see Murray in there myself - his passion might rub off on the rest of the team. If not then would rather Bamba was deployed in a mixu-esque holding role. Without a bit of bite in there I can see us having the same old problems vs them come the sabbath!
    Would like to see Murray in the midfield on Saturday possibly ahead of Rankin. Would keep Bamba at CH but I think we could do with a man with side of kyle to stop his presence in the air. In addition help Bamba at set pieces as he has a tendency to loose his man.

Quote Originally Posted by soproni1 View Post
    First post on .net!!

Do you mean Matty Jack? I concur Rankin out and IM in though

Welcome to

I know what you're saying, but with that thug Kyle playing up front I'd much rather we started with Bamba at the back. He seemed to relish the challenge when we played Killie last season and seemed to have the better of him. I don't actually think we need to beef up the midfield. Killie played some nice passing stuff yesterday and run the Hearts midfield ragged at times. If we could get our passing crisp and sharp from the outtake I reckon we would be much better suited trying to pass it around them.

We're going to need a bit more physicality up front though so Nish would get the nod from me with Riordan feeding off of him. Murray was given the run around by Templeton at ER last season and would find it hard to keep tabs on the spanish waiter IMO.

I'd go with a 4-4-2 of:

Brown

Hart Hanlon Bamba Grounds

De Graaf McBride Miller Galbraith

Nish Riordan

With Stack, Murray, Stevenson, Spoony, Currie, Rankin and Horner/Crawford on the bench.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    Welcome to

I know what you're saying, but with that thug Kyle playing up front I'd much rather we started with Bamba at the back. He seemed to relish the challenge when we played Killie last season and seemed to have the better of him. I don't actually think we need to beef up the midfield. Killie played some nice passing stuff yesterday and run the Hearts midfield ragged at times. If we could get our passing crisp and sharp from the outtake I reckon we would be much better suited trying to pass it around them.

We're going to need a bit more physicality up front though so Nish would get the nod from me with Riordan feeding off of him. Murray was given the run around by Templeton at ER last season and would find it hard to keep tabs on the spanish waiter IMO.

I'd go with a 4-4-2 of:

Brown

De Graaf McBride Miller Galbraith

Nish Riordan

With Stack, Murray, Stevenson, Spoony, Currie, Rankin and Horner/Crawford on the bench.
    He was given the run around as he was playing against two hertz players every time, as they played on the fact Riordan was left midfield and did not track back once.

Very obvious when watching the game and a tactic they lined up to play from the start of the game until the end of it.

I think above people were saying, including me, Murray for midfield and would def start him ahead of McBride, I would also fancy his chances more the Grounds of keeping up with the game.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnhunts99
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Quiet_Man View Post
    Do you mean Matty Jack? I concur Rankin out and IM in though
    Ha! I meant when mixu was the gaffer, however if we could tempt Matty Jack out of retirement then I would get him in there.

Agree with Bamba being required at CB, and that Murray is not the man for LB.

For me:

Brown

Hart Bamba Hanlon Grounds

de Graaf Murray Miller Galbraith

Nish Riordan

Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    He was given the run around as he was playing against two hertz players every time, as they played on the fact Riordan was left midfield and did not track back once.

Very obvious when watching the game and a tactic they lined up to play from the start of the game until the end of it.

I think above people were saying, including me, Murray for midfield and would def start him ahead of McBride, I would also fancy his chances more the Grounds of keeping up with the game.
    It's a toss up between Murray and Mcbride for CM. I would give McBride the shirt though as I think hes a better passer than IM. I think given his lengthy absence Murray would be a risk to throw in. Especially at left back facing anyone with pace.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    It's a toss up between Murray and Mcbride for CM. I would give McBride the shirt though as I think hes a better passer than IM. I think given his lengthy absence Murray would be a risk to throw in. Especially at left back facing anyone with pace.
    Happy to disagree on pace front, as think he is quite easily faster than Hanlon, Grounds and Stevenson.

With regards to McBride I thought he looked much better with no McBride alongside him this week.

Absence one is a fair shout, albeit he seems to keep himself pretty fit, and I dont think anyone in the team understands the importance of a derby as much as he does!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol
    keep sol at cb because he is the best centerback in the air that we have and hearts will keep him busy on sunday.we need a more physical presance into the team and the answer to me is murray as a holding midfielder.
    so the team would be.

brown
    hart bamba hanlon grounds
    murray
    galbraith miller rankin stevenson
    de graff
    riordan

similar to last week because of the marked improvement.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by yekimevol View Post
    keep sol at cb because he is the best centerback in the air that we have and hearts will keep him busy on sunday.we need a more physical presance into the team and the answer to me is murray as a holding midfielder.
    so the team would be.

brown
    murray
    de graff
    riordan

Similar with the exception of we only had 11 players on at the weekend!

We need Bamba in defence on Sunday. Hearts are a big, physical side and he needs to be in there to combat that.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Similar with the exception of we only had 11 players on at the weekend!
    Rankin's being deployed in the Brian Kerr role though so we still only have 11 in that team.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by yekimevol View Post
    so the team would be.

brown
    murray
    de graff
    riordan

Sounds like a winning team and hopefully no one will notice our extra man

I'd go with:

Brown

De Graaf Murray Miller Galbraith

Nish Riordan

I don't like Bamba at CB, I'd rather use Galbraith as a sub, and I'd rather not use Nish at all. But until Zemmama, Wotherspoon, McCann and Duffy become available, we don't have much choice. We definitely can't waste any more time with the likes of Rankin and Stevenson in the team though - I'd rather bring in a couple of rookies.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Love the guy but I think murray is past iy tbh. H

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    id rather have stevenson playing than mcbride tbh i dont see what mcbride does to warrant a start every week atleast we definatley know lewis will put in a shift and get stuck in.

im of the thinking that it should be miller missing out this week, as has been said this is going to be more of a battle than a football game and i dont think he's up to the task.

Brown

Hart dickoh hanlon grounds

bamba

degraaf stevenson murray riordan

Nish

with bamba holding it leaves riordan and degraaf to hit nish as often as possible, also has bamba spare to cut out the long balls to kyle and the rest of defence to pick off the runners for his knock ons.
    also leaves some decent players on the bench if the game needs changed at some point with galbraith and miller on the bench

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I think CC will want a settled back four ASAP.

For that reason I think it will be Hart, Bamba, Hanlon and Grounds again.

Most on this thread think the same.

Left by mutual consent! Skanko79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I think CC will want a settled back four ASAP.

For that reason I think it will be Hart, Bamba, Hanlon and Grounds again.

Most on this thread think the same.
    I would agree with that, i would say thats our most solid back 4 as well.

would go with that back 4. (brown in goals)

Wotherspoon Mcbride Miller Rankin Galbraith in midfeild.

Deeks up fron on his todd with Spoony and Galbraith getting forward all the time.

First Team Breakthrough sparkiehibs's Avatar
    Brown
    Hogg Bamba Hanlon Murray
    Spoony McBride Miller Galbraith
    Riordan Trakys

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Happy to disagree on pace front, as think he is quite easily faster than Hanlon, Grounds and Stevenson.

With regards to McBride I thought he looked much better with no McBride alongside him this week.

Absence one is a fair shout, albeit he seems to keep himself pretty fit, and I dont think anyone in the team understands the importance of a derby as much as he does!
    I agree. Bamba looked much better with no Bamba alongside him last week.

Players are always better when they're not beside themselves, especially in a derby.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I agree. Bamba looked much better with no Bamba alongside him last week.

Players are always better when they're not beside themselves, especially in a derby.
    Classic, no wonder he is slow he is towing his twin around!

Apologies for the error, for the avoidance of doubt I meant Miller - of course he also looks miles better when Miller is not playing alongside him!

i wouldnt go for rown in goals im afraid! dotn think he looke all that confident !

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skanko79 View Post
    I would agree with that, i would say thats our most solid back 4 as well.

would go with that back 4. (brown in goals)

Wotherspoon Mcbride Miller Rankin Galbraith in midfeild.

Deeks up fron on his todd with Spoony and Galbraith getting forward all the time.
    thats what i'd go for aswell

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I remember in one of Mixu's first derbies he played Murray at CM. It did nothing but cancel out both him and Michael Stewart for the entire game, which would have been great if our midfield hadn't consisted of 3 and theirs of 5. Bloody Mixu tactics.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    I remember in one of Mixu's first derbies he played Murray at CM. It did nothing but cancel out both him and Michael Stewart for the entire game, which would have been great if our midfield hadn't consisted of 3 and theirs of 5. Bloody Mixu tactics.
    Remember that game at ER well. The plus for us was that was what Murray was put in for, to take out there main attacking threat from midfield. Unfortunatly for Stewart he was taken out of the game, unlucky to for the ginger Jambo!