hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jonathan Grounds on twitter.

I follow @JG_Chilling on twitter and earlier he posted "Tough day. Hope the hard work starts to pay off" and later on in the day he posted "Would love these massage chairs to work right now !".

Wonder if they are getting worked hard?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMcGinn1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I follow @JG_Chilling on twitter and earlier he posted "Tough day. Hope the hard work starts to pay off" and later on in the day he posted "Would love these massage chairs to work right now !".

Hope they are. Shock to the system for some maybe.

****in hope so.

just had a look at his twitter history and he posted this....

'Time to step up, big things ahead' on the 22nd Oct, wether thats in connection with his parent club or Hibs who knows, but at least he realises that whats been happening isn't good enough if he is talking about Hibs.

Good to see that CC is working them hard

CC has a reputation for being tough on player fitness.Certainly hope its true as it can only benefit results.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar

Not hard enough that he has time to post though!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Not hard enough that he has time to post though!!!
    gi them a break, under health n saftey they are allowed a lunch break

but yes good there feeling the pain, for far to long long training has been to easy at ER, since JC infact!!

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar

Hope so, about time they were. Some of the players were finished by 12 under Hughes.

They should be in 8-5 daily IMO for the massive wages they pick up. CV in the mornings, ball skills/strength/going through videos in afternoons.

Would love to see the team as fit as they were under Collins.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

fit

Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    Hope so, about time they were. Some of the players were finished by 12 under Hughes.

They should be in 8-5 daily IMO for the massive wages they pick up. CV in the mornings, ball skills/strength/going through videos in afternoons.

Would love to see the team as fit as they were under Collins.
    I think it's a myth that we were especially for under collins, I certainly don't remember us looking a lot fitter than any other teams. a lot of the fitness work collins focussed on was to prevent injury.
    I think the team we have now are fit, but they look like they're not because we lack genuine pace.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    My mate reckons hes a great manager from his time at Northampton and puts big emphasis on youth.

I saw that too so 'tweeted' him "new manager working you too hard?" Since got a reply saying "no its been good"

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    What do people on this board actually expect a footballers training schedule for the week to look like?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    What do people on this board actually expect a footballers training schedule for the week to look like?
    On a chalkboard our a whiteboard at least, couple of spelling mistakes, and bits for each day on it.

I don't know exactly, as I'm no sports scientist, but something that a) keeps their 90 minute fitness up, b) addresses the known issues in the team - at the moment, defensive cohesion and the capcity to pass accurately, quicly and generally towards the oppositions goal and c) doesn't result in the lazy buggers being home by 2 pm.

As for "days off", I guess 1 of these (or a half day) will be necessary for to rest muscles at some point during the week, but the reports of players skipping home by <insert ludicrously early hour here> under <insert recent Hibs manager here> really get on my wick, for the wages a lot of them earn as well.

And finally, anyone bunking off/walking out of training should be fined, and should apologise to team-mates and fans alike.

How hard can it be???

First Team Breakthrough Duffys13's Avatar

It seems that East Mains is knuckling down to some hard work this week. It really annoyed me at the end under Hughes, all the interviews he did when I felt he needed to get his head down and the team focused. I can't say I have heard too much from CC so this week so far. Hope he is running them ragged.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I wouldn't know specifically what they should be doing - although IMO they should be in 10-3 every weekday and having lunch together. Probably fitness 10-12, ball work 1.30-3 or something along those lines with lunch in the middle. Fridays should be analysing the opponents in the morning then working on the system you're going to play on the Saturday in the afternoon. Day off on the day after a game.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't you know, football supporters are undisputed experts on every aspect of other people's jobs. Whether its coaching, coach drivers, or first aiders at the ground, these guys know their stuff.

The best way to avoid making this mistake in future is to apply the following test:

1) Is the person shoddily dressed? eg Wranglers and Adidas Bamba.
    2) Do you detect any signs of bad skin?
    3) Does their trousers fit?
    4) Is their forehead creased and their eyebrows lowered?
    5) Is every second word they say an expletive?
    6) Do they have a brother or friend in the pub who knows about "these things"?
    7) When they are challenged do they prove their expertise by calling you a muppet/Yam/numpty?
    8) Do they visit the pie stand more than once in a game?
    9) On questioning, can they name three other towns other than the one they lve in?
    10) Do they have a bad hair cut.

Sorry, I'm still getting over some pillocks shouting at the first aiders at the ground to get a move on, whilst they stood themselves and did nothing.
    Last edited by Phil D. Rolls; 27-10-2010 at 10:26 AM.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    I would like it to be made up so that the players can't spend every afternoon at Ladbrokes in Tranent High Street if they so wish.

Howzat for starters.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Diddums, the players are getting worked hard? Try a real job, working 8 - 5, five days a week while earning a *****pence in comparison to what they 'earn.' Hopefully Calderwood won't accept slacking from anyone. We must be one of the unfitest teams in the league and it's an issue that needs adressed ASAP.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I wouldn't know specifically what they should be doing - although IMO they should be in 10-3 every weekday and having lunch together. Probably fitness 10-12, ball work 1.30-3 or something along those lines with lunch in the middle. Fridays should be analysing the opponents in the morning then working on the system you're going to play on the Saturday in the afternoon. Day off on the day after a game.
    I think you're expecting too much - I bet Barca, Man U or Chelsea don't even do that!

Fitness work and ball work could be done at the same time - you don't need to spin it out over a whole day to get your money's worth!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I hope they are not too knackered for Saturday.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    Diddums, the players are getting worked hard? Try a real job, working 8 - 5, five days a week while earning a *****pence in comparison to what they 'earn.' Hopefully Calderwood won't accept slacking from anyone. We must be one of the unfitest teams in the league and it's an issue that needs adressed ASAP.
    Why don't you pack in the 8-5 days and go and be a footballer?

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    Can't argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I think you're expecting too much - I bet Barca, Man U or Chelsea don't even do that!

Fitness work and ball work could be done at the same time - you don't need to spin it out over a whole day to get your money's worth!
    Not sure about Man Utd or Chelsea but i know Barcelona only train just under 2 hours a day. They focus on short, sharp stuff the majority of the time and try to use the ball for at least 90% of any session.

The big difference is that they all eat breakfast together, train for the 2 hours, eat lunch together, spend a bit of time getting massages, injuries looked at etc then spend an hour or so going over videos of opponents, set piece routines, discussing mistakes from previous games and how to correct them and so on. The average day starts at about 9 and finishes about 2ish unless they want to stay and do a bit gym work, extra work on a certain area of their game. Pep Guardiola is very strict about professionalism, something lacking under the previous regime. There is also strictly no alcohol 72 hours before a game and players hydration levels are regularly tested.

I'm certain the Barca players don't all rush out of training and head straight for el bookies then onto el volley for a few pints and a game of pool.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    the guy only said he had a hard day, we all have those, dont we

he wasnt even complaining about it either as he hopes the hard work will pay off!

Would like to think that they won't be too tired to put in a bloody good shift where it matters most - George Street.

Quote Originally Posted by CmoantheHibs View Post
    CC has a reputation for being tough on player fitness.Certainly hope its true as it can only benefit results.
    Bollocks! Hope he doesn't have a quality 6-pack otherwise we're really donald ducked! Last time the team had to train this hard they had a revolt

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Would like to think that they won't be too tired to put in a bloody good shift where it matters most - George Street.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Not sure about Man Utd or Chelsea but i know Barcelona only train just under 2 hours a day. They focus on short, sharp stuff the majority of the time and try to use the ball for at least 90% of any session.

The big difference is that they all eat breakfast together, train for the 2 hours, eat lunch together, spend a bit of time getting massages, injuries looked at etc then spend an hour or so going over videos of opponents, set piece routines, discussing mistakes from previous games and how to correct them and so on. The average day starts at about 9 and finishes about 2ish unless they want to stay and do a bit gym work, extra work on a certain area of their game. Pep Guardiola is very strict about professionalism, something lacking under the previous regime. There is also strictly no alcohol 72 hours before a game and players hydration levels are regularly tested.

I'm certain the Barca players don't all rush out of training and head straight for el bookies then onto el volley for a few pints and a game of pool.
    Pretty much any top club will do this, most afternoons are spent working on analysis.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Hibs boss wary of burning out new charges

Hibs put through a double session yesterday but boss doesn't want to burn players out before match day.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money