hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Willie Collum threatened by Celtc fans

Sky Sports News reporting that Willie Collum has received threatening phone calls on the back of the Old Firm game at the weekend.

The Greatest Fans In The World, right enough...

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    They will also take great pleasure in the fact that they have made Steven Craven's life a misery (with his family Also suffering at the hands of the Old Firm morons) to such an extent he has been forced into tendering his resignation.
    The Old Firm, Celtic especially, need to take a good look at themselves with their regular cheating of officials and haranguing them when things don't go their way.
    Wish that pair would tender their resignation.

Lennon has shown them the way, harassment of officials has been part of his openly stated game plan this season. Odious club, odious fans, cretinous manager.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sky Sports News reporting that Willie Collum has received threatening phone calls on the back of the Old Firm game at the weekend.

The Greatest Fans In The World, right enough...
    And this has happened, despite the decision being right: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/9122545.stm

Just like a few years ago when Derek Stillie got death threats for letting in 6 goals against Rangers when they won the league on the last day of the season a few years back.

Whilst I know it is unfair to tar the all with the same brush as the majority will not be such twisted *******s, conversely it is ridiculous for them to be hailed as "the greatest supporters in the world".

Not sending off Stokes, ignoring Samaras' incident with McGregor, wrongly booking McCulloch, obviously being the sole root and cause for Celtic blowing a winning position....

Yeah, I don't get it either.
    Last edited by Broken Gnome; 26-10-2010 at 09:09 AM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    Not sending off Stokes, ignoring Samaras' incident with McGregor, wrongly booking McCulloch, obivously being the sole root and cause for Celtic blowing a winning position....

Yeah, I don't get it either.
    They should be calling folk a lot nearer home than the ref.

Threatening phone calls from one half of the Old Firm. Shlock horror! They are bawbags to a man.

Always wondered how these officials always seem to give their personal numbers out, and put themselves in line for this abuse

As in the past, (because this sort of crap has happened with rangers and celtc for years), who's handing out the numbers?

As a side, the ref was extremely poor in that match. The "penalty" being a belter

As a rule, I love the home team getting a tanking in infirm matches. More of them go home ragin that way

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    They will also take great pleasure in the fact that they have made Steven Craven's life a misery (with his family Also suffering at the hands of the Old Firm morons) to such an extent he has been forced into tendering his resignation.
    The Old Firm, Celtic especially, need to take a good look at themselves with their regular cheating of officials and haranguing them when things don't go their way.
    Wish that pair would tender their resignation.
    I heard that Craven was raging that the ref had stitched him up - nothing to do with Celtic fans. Hopefully the full story will come out.

Let's hope the ****bags used their own mobile or landline to make the calls. Should be easy enough to trace that way.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    They're a disgusting bunch. the spl or sfa should hammer them for this kind of nonsense. Lennon needs to take some accountability for stirring it up in the first place.
    May many a dubious penalty be awarded against them for ever and ever.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    I thought he did just dandy.

"Cheer up Neil Lennon, oh what can it be? Ginger...."

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post
    They're a disgusting bunch. the spl or sfa should hammer them for this kind of nonsense. Lennon needs to take some accountability for stirring it up in the first place.
    Absolutely. The ref's should refuse to take charge of their games. Even Platini stuck the boot into the OF for their behaviour.

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    Time for English or other country refs to come up and ref games involving the OF.

No wonder all other teams get nothing aganst either of the OF, the refs in Scotland are too scared to go against them for fear of what will happen to them or their families!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sprouleflyer View Post
    Time for English or other country refs to come up and ref games involving the OF
    That would just be giving in to them.

It would be far better if the SFA grew a set and hammered them every time they tried to influence a ref before a game or whined about them after it instead.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    That would just be giving in to them.

It would be far better if the SFA grew a set and hammered them every time they tried to influence a ref before a game or whined about them after it instead.
    Its already agreed that the referee's ref the game differently to any other game. Nae balls the lot of them.

@hibs.net private member Aubenas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    These morons need to realise that if we can't convince people to act as referees, we won't have a game to watch. I've seen some horrendous decisions over the past couple of seasons and am well able to hurl abuse at refs during the game. But, at the end of the day, it is only a game, and, when I pay my entrance money I'm paying to see a game regulated by the officials - whether they get it right or wrong, whether I agree with them or not. It's the only possible way to operate any sport - the ref's decision, right or wrong, is final.

I blame managers and clubs in general. (though the OF and Man U make an art of it). Restoring respect for referees is easy. The manager tells his squad - if you argue with the ref, you're not playing next week. End of.
    Instead of, what I suspect is said: 'We can get the wind up this ref early doors, get stuck into him'.

The example these neds on the field give to kids is appalling. I switched off the OF game after ten minutes on Sunday, it was all bad tackles, simulation and shouting at the ref. Where does that come into football?

Symptomatic of what's happened to the game - win at any price, cheating is now 'professionalism', no need for highly visible sports stars to show any signs of responsibility.
    Philly McGuinness, Leitrim GAA, died playing in a club match for Mohill. He epitomised all that is best about sport, making a 6 hour round trip to training three times a week from his workplace in Mayo, and was never late. His motto was 'Give it all, or give nothing'. One for all sportsmen to consider.

Nae balls? sorry mate u r having a laugh, the point of this thread was that this all kicked off because a penalty to Celtic was denied, albeit absolutely correctly. The officials worked as they should, there was a doubt and they got together, talked about it, and reached their decision, which proved to be different from the original decision, and was ultimately the correct one, which I thought was the object of referees giving decisions. The fact that a little ginger tosser doesnt agree, and then shows his total lack of class once again by going greetin to the media is what has caused all the problems here, and if the SFA had any balls at all, he would be in the stand for the rest of the season, but they have'nt and he wont be. Until you have done the job, and realise what real pressure is like, unlike the overhyped pressure overpaid and undertalented managers take great delight in reminding everyone about at every opportunity, the nae balls crack is utter nonsense, referees do the job because they enjoy it, but the pressure they are being put under now by managers who constantly prove they know hee-haw about the laws of the game is out of order

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Lennon has shown them the way, harassment of officials has been part of his openly stated game plan this season. Odious club, odious fans, cretinous manager.

Lennon is a jumped up ginger troll. Vile little excretion on the face of the earth. My growning resentment for all thing Rantic growns by the day, especially for TGFITW (The Greatest Fannies In The World)

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_fairnie View Post

Considering how many managers get touchline bans for relatively minor transgressions it's difficult to see how the SFA (SPL?) could avoid hammering Lennon for this incitement.

Lennon is not popular at East End Central. Pound to a penny Strachan returns by new year.

Promising Youngster
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post

Lennon is a jumped up ginger troll. Vile little excretion on the face of the earth. My growning resentment for all thing Rantic growns by the day, especially for TGFITW (The Greatest Fannies In The World)
    The way Lennon acted after the decision is the biggest disgrace, basically forcing Craven into retirement for making a great call.

IIRC a few years back a fairly similar thing happened at ER with Celtic initially having a goal disallowed and then the ref reversing the decision to give a goal (think it was a 2-2 game with Murph scoring). I can't remember the Hibs management hounding the officials out of a job after that, in fact I can't remember the press even mentioning it!
    Last edited by talking_wiss; 26-10-2010 at 01:48 PM.

Celtic fans are bad winners never mind losers.Their clubs treatment of refs over the last few years is disgraceful, and these bams are encouraged by this to behave like **** and threaten refs/players etc.Their paranoia is,nt even funny anymore.They regularly complain about referee,s before big games, and whinge about everything.The club and fans are a disgrace and i hope they win nowt.
    I have no time for the huns or their fans, but for me they are a better class of **** than their paranoid bitter neighbours.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lofarl
    Bunch of cretinous fannys the whole lot of them. Will the SFA do anything about it? Aye right. What football needs in general is referees like rugby enjoys.

No debating, no backchat. Any nonsense like swearing etc gets you in a sin bin for 5 mins. Game would change over night.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofarl View Post
    Bunch of cretinous fannys the whole lot of them. Will the SFA do anything about it? Aye right. What football needs in general is referees like rugby enjoys.

No debating, no backchat. Any nonsense like swearing etc gets you in a sin bin for 5 mins. Game would change over night.
    Agree. Rugby has players and coaches who respect the officials ( the refs wear microphones and can be heard on TV, and I remember hearing a Scotland player sent off against Wales a few seasons ago apologising to the ref for the offence even though it was potentially accidental). Change in football needs to start with respect and it is too often lacking these days, ironic given the number of times players' strips have "respect" written on the sleeves.

For some of them,attacking referees just seems to be in their DNA. A few years back I was asked to referee a charity match between OF supporters in Ottawa. About 20 minutes in, I whistled the celtc goalie back for taking a goal kick when the ball was moving. Right then some the players started moaning about this apparent bias when a little scrote (player) appeared out of nowhere and swung a punch at my face... and this in front of of a crowd of mainly wives/girlfriends and children.

I only carried on because it was a charity game and some of the more decent minded players made sure the guy left the stadium in disgrace.

I'm not casting this incident on all of them..... but a charity match FFS Something you don't forget.

First Team Breakthrough HibeePaj's Avatar
    Death threats to Willie Collum's home..

this is a disgrace, and i hope these 'football fans' are found, named, shamed and dealt with appropriately ( although sadly that will not be the case). This comes in the same week that Stephen Craven has RESIGNED over the matters involving the penalty last week at tannadice. It is a sad state of affairs that the officials in the scottish game are being driven out by sick yobs forgetting the important things in life.

Willie Collum had a GOOD game on sunday and made one mistake (albeit a penalty decision). If a player DIVES the referee isn't necessarily going to see it that way. the player dived hoping to 'trick' the ref , and that is exactly what he managed to do.

WHERE IS KIRK BROADFOOT? surely this cretin has to come forward and make an apology, not necesarily to Celtic fans, but i think a public apology to the referee and his officials.

I hope that broadfoot is wriggling in a sense of guilt and remorse after his actions has seen death threats land at willie collums door.

This story makes me feel sick, its very difficult to have any pride in the scottish game at the minute due to bullying of the referees, not only by fans but by the managers.

EMBARASSING

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Lennon is not popular at East End Central. Pound to a penny Strachan returns by new year.
    If you think that, then you are an imbecile.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by JackRegan View Post
    People who threaten referees are imbeciles.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Lofarl
    your one to talk.

Careful, you are a guest here.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.