hibs.net Messageboard

First Team Breakthrough

duffy and zemmama

hopefully when these two lads get back it could give the team a lift
    zemmama will hopefully show the spark and flair that are midfield is despratly missing and hopefully duffy will give us a different type of option upfront someone thats fast and hopefully will bang in the goals

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_kane96 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hopefully when these two lads get back it could give the team a lift
    zemmama will hopefully show the spark and flair that are midfield is despratly missing and hopefully duffy will give us a different type of option upfront someone thats fast and hopefully will bang in the goals
    Woah mate, steady with your optimism...

I'm sure what you really mean is that CC is hopeless, RP should resign and every player we have is hopeless..

And every manager we've had since 1875 has been a disgrace..

FWIW I agree with your thoughts,just a pity too many on here can't see past the end of their own nose.

As one poster on .net said earlier, the comments on here make you sad, not just for our team but for football in general

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    How long has Duffy been out? I seem to remember seeing something that said he'd be out for 6 weeks. I tmust have been at least a month by now surely?

Had Duffy debuted yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiglet View Post
    How long has Duffy been out? I seem to remember seeing something that said he'd be out for 6 weeks. I tmust have been at least a month by now surely?
    It was a ten week injury, as I recall. And he's been out since the beginning of September.

He must be close to starting light training by now, if he's not already done so.

Any update on Duffy? i know Zemmama is out till around Xmas but not heard much about Duffy?
    Hopefully he's close to coming back into contention for a starting place, be good to finally see him in action...a nice boost for the derby as well if he is close to being fit

Quote Originally Posted by At The Edge View Post
    Any update on Duffy? i know Zemmama is out till around Xmas but not heard much about Duffy?
    Hopefully he's close to coming back into contention for a starting place, be good to finally see him in action...a nice boost for the derby as well if he is close to being fit

Any new faces will be welcome in that team so the sooner the better...

FWIW I believe Nish had a decent game today, I would even go as far as saying he was one of if not or best player... He showed some hunger which a lot of the players were lacking, he was so determined to get a goal that he injured himself scoring... Fair enough he missed a chance he probably should have scored, but IMO he did well today... Bring on the Nish haters...

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purehibee1875 View Post
    Any new faces will be welcome in that team so the sooner the better...

FWIW I believe Nish had a decent game today, I would even go as far as saying he was one of if not or best player... He showed some hunger which a lot of the players were lacking, he was so determined to get a goal that he injured himself scoring... Fair enough he missed a chance he probably should have scored, but IMO he did well today... Bring on the Nish haters...
    Dont hate him, just dont rate him. I'm a poet but dont know it. I think its sad that we have fallen that low, that a centre forward display like Nish had today is seen as a decent game.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Dont hate him, just dont rate him. I'm a poet but dont know it. I think its sad that we have fallen that low, that a centre forward display like Nish had today is seen as a decent game.

It's true, but its not necessarily falling low... but I am disappointed that other players didn't play better than him for example Liam Miller.. I really thought playing where he was placed at the start would have done him good but hey ho C'est La Vie!

Quote Originally Posted by purehibee1875 View Post
    It's true, but its not necessarily falling low... but I am disappointed that other players didn't play better than him for example Liam Miller.. I really thought playing where he was placed at the start would have done him good but hey ho C'est La Vie!
    Me too, but lets look at it from his point of view. He gets the ball and looks up, Nish does not have the movement or pace to find any space down the channels. So any ball to him is to his feet while marked. He gives him the ball and its mostly played back to him, or Nish falls over and loses it.

He then looks around him, Rankin is either cocking his leg at a lampost or running up someones arse. McBride is sitting on the back four, Wotherspoon is his only real outlet other than playing it backwards to the back 4.

Me too, but lets look at it from his point of view. He gets the ball and looks up, Nish does not have the movement or pace to find any space down the channels. So any ball to him is to his feet while marked. He gives him the ball and its mostly played back to him, or Nish falls over and loses it.

He then looks around him, Rankin is either cocking his leg at a lampost or running up someones arse. McBride is sitting on the back four, Wotherspoon is his only real outlet other than playing it backwards to the back 4.
    It's true but I'm sure he has the quality to go on a mazy run or even take a shot... Just an all round disappointment from the whole team really.

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar

You're not wrong there BH, you have to worry how Wotherspoon is going to progress as a player (or any young players - Hanlon etc) with such pish around them. He'll receive a pass to his feet (or behind him) then find himself with a Hibs team just standing still.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiglet View Post
    he's not really been out..........more like he's never been in ,and I've felt that when he is availible along with Zemmama,we've got two new players. saw wee Zouma last week in his black VW,coming out of Albion Place,disnae seem like he's training yet as it was 12:30 on Thursday,but he will always be a luxury player for us in midfield until we get some grit in there! Ian Murray is what we need,for a bit of dig in the middle imho,or will we doddle along with aw these wee munchins till the end of the season/or window?

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    he's not really been out..........more like he's never been in ,and I've felt that when he is availible along with Zemmama,we've got two new players. saw wee Zouma last week in his black VW,coming out of Albion Place,disnae seem like he's training yet as it was 12:30 on Thursday,but he will always be a luxury player for us in midfield until we get some grit in there! Ian Murray is what we need,for a bit of dig in the middle imho,or will we doddle along with aw these wee munchins till the end of the season/or window?

some folk laugh at a wheel gaun roond

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SHERiFF WO0DY
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Woah mate, steady with your optimism...

I'm sure what you really mean is that CC is hopeless, RP should resign and every player we have is hopeless..

And every manager we've had since 1875 has been a disgrace..
    since 1903 tbh as the grail hasn't been won since we started to appoint managers