hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OK Rod

Left by mutual consent!

OK Rod

Rod and Co, as we embark on yet another rebuilding conquest which we seem to do every 6 months it is now long overdue that the building starts properly, I am not interested in spending £20 - £30 per match to watch people whom do not share at least some of my passion, no value in this team. My heart will never rule head I go to matches hoping for us to do well but we all knoe there are no guarantees.

Going to games now its the good performances that are the surprise, should be other way around. credit for the stadium and debt but if CC doesnt work out I question if the board have the papers to lead this club football wise, if we are not sorted out after January then I blame the the board.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rod and Co, as we embark on yet another rebuilding conquest which we seem to do every 6 months it is now long overdue that the building starts properly, I am not interested in spending £20 - £30 per match to watch people whom do not share at least some of my passion, no value in this team. My heart will never rule head I go to matches hoping for us to do well but we all knoe there are no guarantees.

Going to games now its the good performances that are the surprise, should be other way around. credit for the stadium and debt but if CC doesnt work out I question if the board have the papers to lead this club football wise, if we are not sorted out after January then I blame the the board.
    It's maybe too early to to talk about it not working out for Calderwood, but if and when it happens, I fully expect Petrie to resign. If managers get the boot for bad results, CE's should get the bullet for continually appointing failures. Stuff the new stand and the pretty bank balance. All we want is a team that can do the business on the park.

Six managerial failures on the trot. One common denominator. At what point will the man in charge start to question his own ability to run a football club? (With the emphasis on the football bit.)

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailrod View Post
    Six managerial failures on the trot. One common denominator. At what point will the man in charge start to question his own ability to run a football club? (With the emphasis on the football bit.)
    After 1 game get a ****in grip

Left by mutual consent!
    Jose Mourinho wouldn't even be able to do anything with that squad. Time for MASSIVE changes to be made. Obviously i wasn't there today but I feel for the fans who made the long trip in the morning to go and watch that shower of Jimmy White. Can't really get on Calderwood's case already and ofcourse he will have to asses each and everyone of the squad but from a fan who sees them every week I have to say he will be wasting his time.....I would sell most of the team. Sorry to all the Riordan lovers but he would be one of the players I would get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    agree that it's too early to judge the manager on one game, but it's the same cycle with this Board - we''re either "rebuilding" or "in transition" every season, as we sell any decent players we have and replace them with dross - all at the behest of the best Chairman in the universe judging by the a**e-kissing that goes on here...

Look at the boy Dickoh today - absoultely woeful - but that's the only level of player that the Board wil sanction - yet most on here thinks the sun shines out of Petrie's backside.

£400k a year for this Board - what do we get for it, ON THE PARK?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    I'm not talking about Calderwood you cretin. I'm talking about Sauzee, Williamson, Mowbray, Collins, Mixu, and Yogi.

I make that six.

How can you possibly say this is a managerial failure? this is Calderwood's first game with a team he's inherited. in a way this is a good result,it'll show the new manager what the team is made of and what needs to be changed - It's far to early to blame Calderwood for a team that's been playing poorly for many months now.

Six?

@hibs.net private member Hibby_Paul's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm not talking about Calderwood you cretin. I'm talking about Sauzee, Williamson, Mowbray, Collins, Mixu, and Yogi.

I make that six.
    Mowbray was hardle a failure, ok he won us nothing but took us way forward from where we were and moved on to bigger things.

I make that six.
    If you cite Mowbray as a failure and Collins who won silverware then you better include Auld, Stanton, Turnbull, Miller, Stein, Shankley etc. right the way back exempting only Hugh Shaw and Willie MacCartney having won the league iirc.

I wonder if the board would have the nerve to take £400 k a year if we got relegated ?, some of the blame must lie with Petrie as he has been the man at the helm for a good many years. He has consistently sold our best players for how long ? , it must be nine years or so but i'm sure someone will correct me and in that time he must have taken over a million squidlies in salary and perks and we have to watch that Gash!.
    Today reminded me of the bad old days in the sixties when we had Harry Swann as chairman who like Petrie sold everything in sight and brought in the utmost garbage as replacements and it nearly cost us our league place back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby_Paul View Post
    Mowbray was hardle a failure, ok he won us nothing but took us way forward from where we were and moved on to bigger things.
    Mowbray had the great good fortune to be blessed with the best group of young players any Hibs supporter is ever likely to see, unless they are fortunate to be old enough to have seen Turnbull's Terrors or the Famous Five (not too many of them left). Plus he got handed Zoomer and Benji gift-wrapped.

We won nothing, we had our @rses handed to us on a plate by Hearts more times than I ever want to think about, and for all his famous dictum "We'll win more than we lose if we play like that", er... we didn't.

Oh, and he signed the worst keeper I've ever seen at ER. And then renewed the guy's contract a few weeks before he horsed off.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    We are *****, and if today tought Calderwood anything, it was not to rely on the ****in numpties that picked that side last week. From the outside it seemed to me he was listening to Evans and Stevenson, when picking todays team.

All Stevenson/Rankin/Hogg/Nish/McBride And Hanlon again at left back, all they need is a run in the side my arse. Hanlon is never a left back, the rest could play every week from now to the end of next season and never ever be good enough. Hogg the man of the match last week. Yes he scored twice, but as a defender, as a right back he was just as bad today as he was against Kilmarnock.

Stevenson as usual was hopeless, gives the team nothing going forward or defensively, he's not good enough. Nish, how many chances does that bloke need to score? Anyone with a minuscule amount of ability would have had a hattrick in the first half, get rid in January CC or if you have to rely on that chump scoring for you, you wont have a job very long.

Rankin, ran about like a dog just let out the car down the links. His passing range is twofold, hard or harder. Whaqt a waste of a ****in jersey again.

McBride, his job is to protect the back 4 and bring the ball out, did he get near anyone to make a tackle? And his passing was either backwards or to them.

The rest were also pish, no pass marks today, but the usual dross were absolute crap again, aq massive clear out is needed, are you up to the job Colin?

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    Wonder if RP hurts as much as the fans do after a display like that, or does his £150K a year wage ease the pain?????

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    We are *****, and if today tought Calderwood anything, it was not to rely on the ****in numpties that picked that side last week. From the outside it seemed to me he was listening to Evans and Stevenson, when picking todays team.

All Stevenson/Rankin/Hogg/Nish/McBride And Hanlon again at left back, all they need is a run in the side my arse. Hanlon is never a left back, the rest could play every week from now to the end of next season and never ever be good enough. Hogg the man of the match last week. Yes he scored twice, but as a defender, as a right back he was just as bad today as he was against Kilmarnock.

Stevenson as usual was hopeless, gives the team nothing going forward or defensively, he's not good enough. Nish, how many chances does that bloke need to score? Anyone with a minuscule amount of ability would have had a hattrick in the first half, get rid in January CC or if you have to rely on that chump scoring for you, you wont have a job very long.

Rankin, ran about like a dog just let out the car down the links. His passing range is twofold, hard or harder. Whaqt a waste of a ****in jersey again.

McBride, his job is to protect the back 4 and bring the ball out, did he get near anyone to make a tackle? And his passing was either backwards or to them.

The rest were also pish, no pass marks today, but the usual dross were absolute crap again, aq massive clear out is needed, are you up to the job Colin?

Oh, and he signed the worst keeper I've ever seen at ER. And then renewed the guy's contract a few weeks before he horsed off.
    And credit where it's due - the worst outfield player I've ever seen as well. (Mustn't forget Konte.)

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    defending today was nothing short of disgraceful i dont blame this solely at the feet of the defenders as the midfeild must do much better in protecting the back 4

saying that and after much thought on the matter (as its certainly going to cause an uproar) but I am of the thinking that bamba's sporadic running around trying to make every tackle and every header his is unsettling the rest of the back four, he has no positional sense and alot of the time our full backs are coming in to cover his (mostly) pointless breaks foward from the back.
    I like the big man he's had some cracking games but i beleive the guys ego is hampering us as a team at the moment.

the midfeild today was a sham also its not just bambas fault but i fully expect CC to be changing that as he has more time with the players, maybe try bamba running around breaking up play in the holding role and let the young guy stephens play centre half?

I certainly dont envy the task CC has ahead, I can only hope the majority of the 16 out of contract stay that way and RP gives him some serious backing over the next couple of windows, performances that we are enduring are not on IMO none of those players deserve to be anywhere near a hibs top.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar

I make that six.
    Mowbray and Collins both done good enough jobs imo.

@hibs.net private member Hibby_Paul's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mowbray had the great good fortune to be blessed with the best group of young players any Hibs supporter is ever likely to see, unless they are fortunate to be old enough to have seen Turnbull's Terrors or the Famous Five (not too many of them left). Plus he got handed Zoomer and Benji gift-wrapped.

We won nothing, we had our @rses handed to us on a plate by Hearts more times than I ever want to think about, and for all his famous dictum "We'll win more than we lose if we play like that", er... we didn't.

A tad harsh

He had to blend the youngsters together and form a team - he done that right. Granted he inherited a great bunch of players but they dont just play together automatically! He made some great signing in Murphy, Beuzy, Sheils although other not so good.

Secondly he played the best attacking footy ive seen at ER in all my years of going (im 29) and brought the feel good factor back to club. He put Hibs back on the map, was great with press, with fans and we were the talk of the country. I got excited evry saturday for the games, as did all my mates - that feeling has long gone.

Yes he made mistakes, he couldn't get a goalie and signing Zibi on an extension was criminal. We lost to Hearts but then they seemed to be the bogey team unfortunately.

Id far rather be seeing that exciting 'gung ho' footy again at ER - as long as we were achieving top 6 status as we were with Tony.

Im really keen to know what would impress you in a Manager for Hibs then. Alex Miller!?

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post

You tell 'em!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sahib View Post
    If you cite Mowbray as a failure and Collins who won silverware... .
    I seem to recall that after 'the silverware', we won one of the remaining ten games that season. And we lost one that would have mattered to most Hibbys almost as much as the League Cup Final (the SC semi against bottom of the SPL Dunfermline). When Collin left at the end of the year all the players in the team he had assembled appeared to hate him...

But fair dibs. Relative to what was to follow I guess that all counts as 'partial success' (anyone remember Professor Pieface in Viz?).

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby_Paul View Post
    Im really keen to know what would impress you in a Manager for Hibs then. Alex Miller!?
    Right now? What would impress me in a Manager for Hibs would be: Any Manager, as long as he's brought in by a Chairman who appears to understand that there are two words in the phrase 'football club' and that both of them actually matter.
    Last edited by Nailrod; 23-10-2010 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Clarity

Blog Entries

I'd like to hear Petrie explain................

......his enigmatic message after the sale of Stokes. Words to the effect ' The supporters will soon come to realise that the sale of Anthony Stokes was correct and at the right time for the club.' In the absence of any meaningful strike force his words are a tad hollow.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprouleflyer View Post
    Wonder if RP hurts as much as the fans do after a display like that, or does his £150K a year wage ease the pain?????
    RP could be earning three times that, with a lot less hassle.

He is also the most respected Chairman in the SPL - that is from other clubs praising him.

We need to realise this is a transitional period with the new manager.

How would you have picked the team after three days ?

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    ......his enigmatic message after the sale of Stokes. Words to the effect ' The supporters will soon come to realise that the sale of Anthony Stokes was correct and at the right time for the club.' In the absence of any meaningful strike force his words are a tad hollow.
    what would stokes do to change things? there is no supply, no partner to play with nothing! Stokes was obvioulsy back to his old ways off feild good ridance, time to move on jim he's gone

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    RP could be earning three times that, with a lot less hassle.

He is also the most respected Chairman in the SPL - that is from other clubs praising him.

We need to realise this is a transitional period with the new manager.

How would you have picked the team after three days ?
    I'd have taken more advice from Carl Macar than those 2 numpties Evans and Stevenson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Whilst Stokes is a huge loss, there were reason's why he had to go - and Yogi agreed, who brought him to the club.

I'd have taken more advice from Carl Macar than those 2 numpties Evans and Stevenson.
    Is that the 2 numpties that got us 3 points last week....