hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lewis Stevenson

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lewis Stevenson

Being reported by BBC Scotland (Radio) that in an interview Lewis stated that the managerial merry-go-round going on at Easter Road is "farcical". He also states that it should be the players being moved on and not managers.

There is no link on the website to this but listen out for sports report on BBC Radio Scotland after the news bulletins.

Would like to hear a little more on his point of view...

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    And he himself should be one of the players that is getting moved on.

First Team Regular leithsansiro's Avatar
    Lewis is a good wee player, or rather, he could be. He looked a good prospect under Collins and has suffered from a crisis of confidence. He'll come good, maybe not for us, but for someone. To me, he has a touch of the Hartley's about him, a late blossomer having had early promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Purehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I think the Club is in a good position come the end of the season as a result of the contract situation. CC will have had 3/4 of a season to assess the playing staff, if their not pulling their weight or still causing issues, then they'll be punted. He will then hopefully get funds to replace the ones who move on and with his contacts we could end up in a strong position for next season.

Then again he might get too close to the dressing room, pick his favourites, be given hardly any funds in the transfer windows and have no contacts down south. Im confident its the former

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    I thought he looked like he had put a few pounds on last weekend

Blog Entries
    Maybe this is him starting to work his ticket out of Easter Road. To use words like 'farcical' in relation to the club may breach the club's rules about public statements will not go down well with Petrie. I don't mind him as a player to be honest but he would be no great loss.

If true, Lewis should keep his mouth shut about the club that pays his wages.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Although he's far from on his own there. I have said it before, Calderwood can get rid of them all bar 3 or 4 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by leithsansiro View Post
    Lewis is a good wee player, or rather, he could be. He looked a good prospect under Collins and has suffered from a crisis of confidence. He'll come good, maybe not for us, but for someone. To me, he has a touch of the Hartley's about him, a late blossomer having had early promise.
    Agreed. With the right mentor - as he had in JC - I think wee Lewis still has a lot to offer.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Agreed. With the right mentor - as he had in JC - I think wee Lewis still has a lot to offer.
    I agree a manger can help players to an extent, but in the end its up to each and every player to grab his chance. Joe ****in keenan might be a good player with the right manager. Brian Kerr the same. What if Calderwoods not the right manager for Lewis?

Imho he's not good enough, along with virtually the whole squad. If the future of the club is Lewis Stevenson and players like him, we are truly knackered. Well done for your performance in that cup final, but that was over 3 years ago. You can only live off that for so long.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Mark Brown, Derek Riordan, Paul Hanlon, Sol Bamba, Merouane Zemmama, Liam Miller.

IMO these are the only members of our current squad who should be good enough to get into the Hibs 1st team.
    Wouldn't necessarily want the rest punted, but they'd be back-up at best for me.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Why now Lewis ? - it's not exactly the most diplomatic thing to say now that the new Manager is in place.

Methinks you could be peeling tatties at east Mains for the forseeable future.

And by the way there has also been more than a fair turnover in the playing staff over the last few years in case you hadn't noticed.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyS View Post
    I thought he looked like he had put a few pounds on last weekend
    Had he listened to Mikey and backed Clarke too?
    Last edited by greenlex; 21-10-2010 at 04:45 PM.

Coaching Staff
    An intelligent young player, more versatile than Rankin, better passer, equally as fit, and a very good squad player to have around the place. He has barely been given a chance, or given a decent run in the side this last year to be truly appraised IMHO.

Maybe the interview is lost in translation and he is (hopefully) saying that the players have to look at themselves and where they really want to be footballing wise and how much they have really contributed to the side. He is far far too intelligent off the pitch to just slate the "manager merry-go-round".........if he is also having a dig at the players, including himself, then I agree with him. Everyone is/was responsible for the terrible form and run of results.

Terrible, terrible dress sense though. Get it sorted young man

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Being reported by BBC Scotland (Radio) that in an interview Lewis stated that the managerial merry-go-round going on at Easter Road is "farcical". He also states that it should be the players being moved on and not managers.

There is no link on the website to this but listen out for sports report on BBC Radio Scotland after the news bulletins.

Would like to hear a little more on his point of view...
    To be fait to Lewis he is probably right on the money on this one, an honest assessment to state that maybe some are not pulling their weight. CC will sort that out I would think however.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Id love to see Wee Lewis recapture that form that got him MOTM at Hampden in that 5-1 game, Was looking at a player with the world at his feet and felt 10 foot tall for him.

I must admit if Calderwood can get us consistent I'd be very very happy.

It will rid me of the nagging worry that it's the combination of senior management and player culture at Easter Road that's actually been holding us back - not the trainer/coach.

Lewis is on his fourth manager in 3 years. Sounds like he thinks there's a bit more to it than merely sacking the guy in the dug-out

Genuine question, has Lewis Stevenson ever set up a goal for Hibs, let alone score one?

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    Genuine question, has Lewis Stevenson ever set up a goal for Hibs, let alone score one?
    Scored his only goal in a 4-0 win at Dunfy in July IIRC

(Pre season tho).

Should have won a stonewall penalty against the yams at Easter rd too

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar
    Have to agree, hasn't developed over the last few years. IMO a first division player at best.

@hibs.net private member
    Gents,
    Corect me if I'm wrong but in the cup final he played LEFT MIDFIELD and was MOTM. How often since have we had him in that position. I except and appreciate he has done nothing since but maybe he feels he has not been given a fair crack at the whip. I would give him about 10 games in that position and let him show if the cup final was a one off or if he should have the Jersey for Left Midfield.
    I also think he should think before he says something to the papers because if he does not his career at Easter Road may be very short lived.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Had he listened to Mikey and backed Clarke too?

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    An intelligent young player, more versatile than Rankin, better passer, equally as fit, and a very good squad player to have around the place. He has barely been given a chance, or given a decent run in the side this last year to be truly appraised IMHO.

Maybe the interview is lost in translation and he is (hopefully) saying that the players have to look at themselves and where they really want to be footballing wise and how much they have really contributed to the side. He is far far too intelligent off the pitch to just slate the "manager merry-go-round".........if he is also having a dig at the players, including himself, then I agree with him. Everyone is/was responsible for the terrible form and run of results.

Terrible, terrible dress sense though. Get it sorted young man
    Enough said, in my view. I can excuse bad performances on the park, but players have enough money to be able to afford the purchase of decent attire, and enough time to research the basics in terms of acceptable dress. At a club like Hibs, the emphasis always has to be on style, and those who don't cut it, in either in the dressing room OR the stands, are welcome to leave, in my opinion.

Uberfan debate?

Unashamedly so.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    sorry, but Lewis Stevenson is absolute GUFF! He is so technically poor it makes me cringe watching him! The amount of times he just passes it along the back line (Saturday was a great example). He just does not have it at all, and im sick of hearing about that Cup Final performance, he bloody lives off that! Brain Kerr had a cracking game when he scored that goal at Tynecastle, but he was still rubbish in the majority of games he played in.
    We should be looking at a MUCH higher standard of player than Lewis Stevenson, who is a first division player! He isnt alone on these points though, see also Rankin, Nish etc. Too many players in our squad that just arent good enough. I agree with the players mention who i'd like to see stay, and thats - Derek Riordan, Liam Miller, sol Bamba, Zemmama, Hanlon and Mark Brown.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bajillions View Post
    I think the Club is in a good position come the end of the season as a result of the contract situation. CC will have had 3/4 of a season to assess the playing staff, if their not pulling their weight or still causing issues, then they'll be punted. He will then hopefully get funds to replace the ones who move on and with his contacts we could end up in a strong position for next season.

Then again he might get too close to the dressing room, pick his favourites, be given hardly any funds in the transfer windows and have no contacts down south. Im confident its the former
    Personally, i think the club is in a bad situation regarding the contracts. Come January time, if they havent signed extentions their agents will be trying to get deals anywhere. We could end up with the majority of the squad signing pre contracts away from ER and then would they really try their hardest with us.

Added to this could be the fact that we could be forced into having to find 10-15 players in the January and Summer transfer window. This may seem a good thing but as Hibs wont be splashing the cash we will probably be looking for 10-15 out of contract or very cheap players. How will the fans view Calderwood replacing current players with players of the same level?

That's my thoughts as well although thought he had a good game on Saturday, especially given he's not played for a while

First Team Breakthrough HibeePaj's Avatar
    So you agree with the guy then???

@hibs.net private member Lang Toun Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil F View Post
    Have to agree, hasn't developed over the last few years. IMO a first division player at best.
    Hasn't been given a chance!