Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875

First Impressions

What are your over all thoughts on the appointment of CC

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    As with any new manager..... unsure.

First Team Regular erin-go-bragh87's Avatar
    Im really happy, cant help thinking we would all be more excited if it wasnt for the Clarke rumours.......

I don't do impressions

My initial thoughts were that I wasnt sure but as the minutes have ticked by and its sunk in more Ive been overcome by a happy mood.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    the positives are he knows little about Hibs which is a good thing and his knowledge of football must be high because he has come from Assistant Manager at Newcastle who themselves have come through a sticky period and seem to be on track.

We will see what kind of a manager he is in January when he starts to bring in his own players.

@hibs.net private member
    Could have done a lot worse and at least he has a bit of experience. Given the amount of players out of contract in the summer this is going to a major rebuild and the guy needs time to do it.

@hibs.net private member
    Very happy. Very good player and experience of coaching at quite a high level. Geordie mate says that CC was rated at the Toon. He doesnt look like he will take any nonsense either so for me, a very good appointment

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Given the field the tachmeiser had to pick from, I think he has chosen wisely.
    Let's hope has come early for us.
    Time will tell.
    Last edited by snooky; 18-10-2010 at 06:10 PM.

First Team Breakthrough JDanielR1875's Avatar
    Really worried about this appointment but we all have to stand by him and give him a fair chance. Didnt expect Colin Calderwood atall. I had my heart set on SC

Left by mutual consent!
    Time tae back the manager

Anyone who is unhappy with a new manager, who was a Premiership assistant manager until this afternoon, has won 3 promotions and had 3 play-offs in 6 years as a manager with a career win rate of 45%, has unrealistic expectations and should probably be supporting one of the Old Firm.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    I'm going to leave first impressions until he's got a few games under his belt as manager, though his first big test will come on the 7th November when we play that lot from Gorski. So get to it Mr. Calderwood and do a damn good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone who is unhappy with a new manager, who was a Premiership assistant manager until this afternoon, has won 3 promotions and had 3 play-offs in 6 years as a manager with a career win rate of 45%, has unrealistic expectations and should probably be supporting one of the Old Firm.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    MY excitement of the thought of Clarke in the managers chair was always dulled a bit by lack of actual managerial experience.
    I have always said we need someone with experience at this moment in time and in fact the last appointment should have had this.
    Happy enough with CC. He has lots of experience and has excelled without loads of wonga. Onwards and upwards. Hope he plays football on the way to building a winning side but I can cope (only just) with winning uglier.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tenacious-Daz
    Has a proven track record of achieving things on a shoestring, so the Tache must have a raging hardon! His record fills me with optimism also as lets face it we never have or will splash mega bucks on players, so to hire someone who knows how to pish with cock he's got makes sense!

I'm annoyed. I will quiet down in a day or two and see how things go (as I did when I was unhappy about Hughes getting appointed). We obviously need to get behind the manager regardless of what we think of the appointment. But frankly, today, I am shocked and frustrated at this appointment as there were better candidates.

CC wasn't very good in his previous jobs and he was especially unpopular at Notts Forest where the fans hated his defensive football and were very critical of his signings. I just feel we could have done better and this seems like the kind of appointment a non-football guy would make -ultimately I'm annoyed with Petrie.

Having said all that, Terry Butcher has failed in every country he has managed outside of Scotland, yet he has done very well here. Sometimes people can click in the right place, hopefully Hibs will suit Calderwood and vice versa.

As someone else said in this thread, i've came round to being happy about this, he's came from a league a million miles away from ours in terms of skill and genuine world class stars, he knows good players and how they tick, if he can install some of that belief in Hibs then we're onto a good thing.

I'm looking forward to the change on the pitch and i get the feeling if the players don't shape up to his standards they'll be on their way out the door pronto.
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sesoim View Post
    I'm annoyed. I will quiet down in a day or two and see how things go (as I did when I was unhappy about Hughes getting appointed). We obviously need to get behind the manager regardless of what we think of the appointment. But frankly, today, I am shocked and frustrated at this appointment as there were better candidates.

CC wasn't very good in his previous jobs and he was especially unpopular at Notts Forest where the fans hated his defensive football and were very critical of his signings. I just feel we could have done better and this seems like the kind of appointment a non-football guy would make -ultimately I'm annoyed with Petrie.

Having said all that, Terry Butcher has failed in every country he has managed outside of Scotland, yet he has done very well here. Sometimes people can click in the right place, hopefully Hibs will suit Calderwood and vice versa.

3 promotions and 3 play off places in 6 seasons seems not to shabby to me

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    As someone already pointed out, Calderwood has coaching experience in both the Championship and the Premier League down south, how many managers have we had in the past 5 years with this kind of experience?

As with all new appointments only time will tell. Lets face it we have a limited budget for players and so have a limited budget for managers so were never going to land someone who ticked all the boxes for us. At least it wasn't someone from the SPL merry-go-round.

First Team Breakthrough
    As per the tache he plays his cards close to his chest, don't think anyone had a clue that he would be appointed the manager of Hibernian fc. At this moment in time with his track record in management i'm optimistic but no more than that.
    What i feel good about the appointment is that he has been a manager in his own right and this should be of benefit to the football club. Also he will bring a freshness to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by erin-go-bragh87 View Post
    Im really happy, cant help thinking we would all be more excited if it wasnt for the Clarke rumours.......
    I have to agree there - we thought it was in the bag for Clarke. But that said, I am happy with CC being appointed

The risks in appointing CC are no more - or less - than that of appointing SC.

Whoever we got, they're more or less stuck with the current bunch of players until the end of the season.

That's going to be the difficult part, getting maximum effort from players nearing the end of their contract.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Gone for proven experience & can't disagree with that, so I'm reasonably happy. Although I was also happy when Hughes got the job, & Collins, & Mixu........oh gawd.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    First impression, he's no Jim Gannon.

Quiet, modest, shuns publicity, likes to keep it tight at the back...

It's Alex Miller aaarrgghh!

Seriously, I like the cut of his jib.

@hibs.net private member Manxhibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: purehibee
    I am chuffed, looks like he means business

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    True
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    And that should surely win him new fans!!!