hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Hogg

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Chris Hogg

:notworthy: see what confidence does to a player? As soon as he scored his first he was a different man!

And what about the second?!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Words cant describe how happy I was for him. He was the only player who showed a hunger rite from the first whistle. And the second goal. Superb

@hibs.net private member _hucks_'s Avatar
    I was well impressed with Hogg today - going forward he clearly isn't a natural but he worked very hard, and was doing his best to get into the right positions. For his second goal, he'd been in an advanced position down the right, the ball was on the left flank and he drifted into the box really well. He sometimes struggles, but he's clearly an intelligent player who knows the game well, and with some confidence he can be a cracking player.

@hibs.net private member Don Giovanni's Avatar
    Chris Hogg = Goal Machine!

Er...well... mibbe no... but well done on a winning performance today.

Keep up the good work...!

I must admit I was a bit concerned seeing him lining up at right back to begin with.

That said, I was delighted for Hoggy today. After being dropped a few weeks ago to come into the team today, play out of position and go on to lead by example scoring the winning goals (2nd was a peach of a header) was fantastic. He must be over the moon tonight.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Fantastic response to being dropped, delighted for him and us, not having to sit through yet another loss !!

First Team Breakthrough I Love Lamp's Avatar
    Chris Hogg: Cometh the hour, cometh the man!

I'm absolutely over the moon for him

Still can't stop smiling. Doesn't score for 5 years and then hits a double within the space of 10 minutes, and incidentally against the team he netted his only previous goal for Hibs back in 2006 against. Superb!

Well done Chris! You deserve that.
    Last edited by OtterHibee; 16-10-2010 at 06:37 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Man of the Match? Jesus, he was murder. The most central right back ever seen. If he's our future we're in big trouble.

So happy for hogg about time he got some luck! But i do think some folk are two faced though when it comes to hogg , folk at the game today were singing his praises yet these were the same folk that were giving him unjustified(imho) pelters and that he shouldn't play again months back! But anyway well done hogg you were outstanding today

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by An Aghaidh Mhòr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm absolutely over the moon for him

Still can't stop smiling. Doesn't score for 5 years and then hits a double within the space of 10 minutes, and incidentally against the team he netted his only previous goal for Hibs back in 2005 against. Superb!

Well done Chris! You deserve that.
    January 2006.

First Team Breakthrough grantonhibee's Avatar
    delighted for chris hogg maybe a few others should be dropped to allow the hunger to come back , great performance hopefully onwards and upwards from here

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish
    January 2006.
    Indeed 2-2 draw at Rugby Park.

Christopher Hogg superstar!

Thought he was partly at fault for there goal though!

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    Man of the Match? Jesus, he was murder. The most central right back ever seen. If he's our future we're in big trouble.

Delighted for him on a personal level - a great big GIRUY to all his detractors (me included)

Never a full back in a million years though - he'll not be worried about that tonight

Hanlon or Bamba MOM for me
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Stone. Back. Under. Crawl.

That is all.

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    MOTM without a doubt. His two goals were what made the difference today.

Left by mutual consent! Skanko79's Avatar
    Delighted for Hoggy, lets hope for more of the same from him. Hope his confidence spreads throughout the team.

Hogg did ok today and I am delighted for him to get the two goals that won the match. Fwiw I thought Wotherspoon was motm as he was back to his best I felt. No doubt be someone to shoot that claim down soon though as not the done thing to praise Hibs players. Good win today and albeit it only one win something at least to try and get a bit momentum going.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Stone. Back. Under. Crawl.

That is all.
    I agree with him. Their left winger scored and then missed a sitter with Hogg sleeping at the back post just before Hogg got his first.

Before the clowns start rattling their keyboard....Yes I know that he scored two great goals that won us the game.

Well done Hoggy; I've now got my two new hibs tops with his and Nish's name on the back. Oh wait I forgot, Nish is still pish

Seriously though, he does deserve a little praise for winning the match for us the day.

I take it he is "Hibs class" now?

Promising Youngster w.connectionfc's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ianf1966
    Quote Originally Posted by col02 View Post
    Hogg did ok today and I am delighted for him to get the two goals that won the match. Fwiw I thought Wotherspoon was motm as he was back to his best I felt. No doubt be someone to shoot that claim down soon though as not the done thing to praise Hibs players. Good win today and albeit it only one win something at least to try and get a bit momentum going.
    wotherspoon way better than off late, would,ve subbed rankin before him today

Well Done hoggy.. Just shows-Hogg back in the team and a win.. Great performance.. Pleased for the lad.. Defo MOM

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by w.connectionfc View Post
    Got to give hogg credit today am not his biggest fan but got stuck in from the first whistle

Quote Originally Posted by w.connectionfc View Post
    Thinking maybe the exertions of playing for the Scotland 21's maybe took their toll on Wotherspoon hence the sub. Not been many players in recent years that I have thought can go on and play at a high level apart from maybe Steven Fletcher but Wotherspoon has imho potential to go really far in the game. I would love to see him given a role in the centre of midfield next season as he will have enough experience to handle the rough and tumble in there.

@hibs.net private member
    2 goals 1 assist. Somes it up for me. Second goal a cracker but he is an awful defender. Never MoM. But at least he tries.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    I thought he had a shaky start and was leaving us a bit exposed, but after his goal he gained confidence, and with the support behind him he looked A LOT better than he has done recently. You don't get POTY if you're *****, and I'd imagine if he hits a bit of form then he'll become an integral part of our team again.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Thought we started the game with a 3 5 2 formation but after Hoggy did his McManus impression , and ran under the cross to leave forward an open goal at the back post and a couple more near things , the 'management team' quickly changed to a standard 4 4 2 pulling Stevenson into LB and pushed Hoggy wide into RB (insert your own anti Yogi/Mixu comment here ). From there we played a bit better with Wotherspoon playing very well on the right. Now to Hogg , was to blame for goal , and is never a full back but he tried his heart out and scored two cracking headers so what can you say but well done son , hope it gives you back the confidence you lost under Yogi. I have one more thing to say , keeper is taking a free kick just outside the box and our centre forward is caught offside 60yds away on the edge of our opponents box HOW HOW HOW HOW can't he see where other players are it's not rocket science Nish is @{£$. GOOD TO WIN AT HOME

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar
    [QUOTE=thebakerboy;2608232]Thought we started the game with a 3 5 2 formation
    We played 4 4 2 from the start today but both fullbacks had obviously been told to push up the wings when we had the ball.

Hogg was guilty of tucking in too much today, but that's what happens when you play a CH at fullback. Two cracking headers and gave his all for the cause. Can't really ask for any more than that.

I criticise players when they are bad and I often aim criticism at hogg and nish when they are poor, but when players play well they deserve credit. When players make the difference they deserve to be applauded. When they score two goals to win the first home game for many months, they deserve a standing ovation. Well done Chris, keep it up! Your effort today was appreciated by every hibby!