hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

If Hibs win and play well today...

...should Stevenson and Evans be given more time to prove themselves on a temporary basis with a view to possily being appointed permanently later?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...should Stevenson and Evans be given more time to prove themselves on a temporary basis with a view to possily being appointed permanently later?

NO

I'd say no. It would just be a false dawn. We need a leader at the helm and a solid structure in place. For the team and the support.

I don't think the majority of fans would be happy with GE and AS especially with SC's name still being banded about; it would be a bit of a let down. RP would get pelters for taking the cheap option

Please man pull yerself together!

I thought you were a straight shooter!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Right now everyone associated with Hibernian FC needs a boost and that will only come with the appointment of a new Managerial team.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    As you know fine well, nae chance!

NO ! Hughes has taken the fall for the abject failure of the team in 2010, but many of the players are IMHO equally to blame. I've no time for a lot of these overpaid, egocentric, talentless failures (tad strong?), so if they play their socks off for S&E it will just because they're all of a sudden fearing for their soft futures - self interest is a powerfull motivator.

NOPE, I'm not interested in the players effectively "picking their own" manager by starting to play better. IMHO a lot of them need to get cleared out at the end of the season or binned asap. Get a proper experienced manager in who can finally suss these guys out, get honest pros in, and sack the conmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby D View Post
    I'd say no. It would just be a false dawn. We need a leader at the helm and a solid structure in place. For the team and the support.

I don't think the majority of fans would be happy with GE and AS especially with SC's name still being banded about; it would be a bit of a let down. RP would get pelters for taking the cheap option
    If that's your initial response D I'll agree with you
    This is how it feels

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    I think I'll reserve judgement on this.

Let time pass....

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EasterRoad4Ever View Post
    NO ! Hughes has taken the fall for the abject failure of the team in 2010, but many of the players are IMHO equally to blame. I've no time for a lot of these overpaid, egocentric, talentless failures (tad strong?), so if they play their socks off for S&E it will just because they're all of a sudden fearing for their soft futures - self interest is a powerfull motivator.

NOPE, I'm not interested in the players effectively "picking their own" manager by starting to play better. IMHO a lot of them need to get cleared out at the end of the season or binned asap. Get a proper experienced manager in who can finally suss these guys out, get honest pros in, and sack the conmen.

One of the posts of the year imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    If that's your initial response D I'll agree with you
    It was to save time!

smylt

@hibs.net private member
    Anyone who selects Nish, Rankin , Stevenson and Hogg in the one team should be punted. But at least we won

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Anyone who selects Nish, Rankin , Stevenson and Hogg in the one team should be punted. But at least we won

First Team Breakthrough Duffys13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I am gonna get shot to bits here, but I thought Nish was good for us to day. He gets a ridicolous amount of criticism at times. In the first half today he got it tight when players like Riordan and Miller were making mis placed passed left right and centre, yet it was the usual "unlucky". Nish is not the best forward I have seen in my time, but the level of abuse he gets is really bad.

Good result today and great to see wee Gareth jumping about in the dugout at the final whistle.

C'mon the Hibs

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    even if we had won 7 nil the day[ defo no ]

Quote Originally Posted by Duffys13 View Post
    I am gonna get shot to bits here, but I thought Nish was good for us to day. He gets a ridicolous amount of criticism at times. In the first half today he got it tight when players like Riordan and Miller were making mis placed passed left right and centre, yet it was the usual "unlucky". Nish is not the best forward I have seen in my time, but the level of abuse he gets is really bad.

Good result today and great to see wee Gareth jumping about in the dugout at the final whistle.

C'mon the Hibs
    Made this very point to my nephew. Deeks misplaces a pass and the fans go awww then Nishy does the same and he gets pelters! I thought Nish was good in the air all day and let himself down only with the 735 offside decisions
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by E.T. is a Hibee View Post
    Please man pull yerself together!

I thought you were a straight shooter!
    Easy, E.T.

My question was genuine, but badly posed.

Of course they shouldn't be given more time, but it's a scenario that a few folk have suggested may tempt the board.

What goes against them is the fact that they have never managed a football club before, they don't have a track record of scouting and buying players and they have never demonstrated their ability to set teams up tactically.

Much the same as Steve Clarke, really.

FWIW, for some aspirational reason, I'm still hopeful that Clarke will get the job, even though he'd be a gamble. I'm hopeful he'll be a success. I hope his experiences at the highest level will have equipped him for management.

I hope Mourhino wasn't just spouting easy platitudes when he said that Clarke had all the attributes needed. What else would he say?

I hope that Clarke has players he can bring to Edinburgh and I hope he has fantastic contacts.

But that's it. Hope. I have no evidence to suggest any of this is true or that he will succeed.

I also hope he's appointed cos I put money on him well before he became a favourite @ 12/1.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Nope.
    I hope that whoever comes in though can see jobs for these guys at the club though. Evans strikes me a fairly switched on bloke and I would like to think that that it is his professional input that still sees him drawing a wage rather than the fact that he has an obvious attachment.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Unfortunately it never happened dave.