hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Coaching Staff

Has Stevenson lost it? (says Hibs have been unlucky)

I noted Stevenson saying that there hadn't been much wrong lately and that we just needed a bit of luck. also that he had seen an edge in training and the players are right up for it.

Are these not the ramblings of a guy under pressure and who has severely lost his grip on reality??

2. Log in to remove the advert

There's no such thing as luck so he's certainly talking nonsense.

If he thinks that things were fine before Hughes left, let's hope he's not being considered for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I noted Stevenson saying that there hadn't been much wrong lately and that we just needed a bit of luck. also that he had seen an edge in training and the players are right up for it.

Are these not the ramblings of a guy under pressure and who has severely lost his grip on reality??

No home wins, no away wins, no goals. The guys coat is on a shoogly peg!

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post

If he thinks that things were fine before Hughes left, let's hope he's not being considered for the job.
    If he spouts any more such guff he'll at least be as qualified as Yogi in taking press conferences!

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    It's clear to me that he's lost the dressing room. From what I hear Rankin's been out fighting and Bamba's been out clubbing. It's a disgrace.

I can't believe Hibs put Lewis in charge for such a big game.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bourne Yesterday View Post
    If he spouts any more such guff he'll at least be as qualified as Yogi in taking press conferences!
    Easy guys!

Given that it's his job to motivate the players for tomorrow's game, what else could he have said about recent events?

Not many people are motivated by being told that they are pish or lazy or not fit to wear the jersey.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

If you really think there is no such thing as luck in football you are living in another world !!!
    No matter at what level of sport you look at there are hundreds of examples of "luck"
    The defender slips, the bounce of the ball , the ball is deflecred etc , etc etc.
    I have sat in a dressing room after a game sick as a parrot through losing a match to a "fluke" and the following week beein grinning through a wee break giving us a win
    It is important to remember that luck works for and against and usually levels itself out .

As to slagging off players because they express an opinion that just brings them into line with the punters on here who express opinios which are not liked
    To each his own remember !! :

@hibs.net private member

GARBAGE!

Football is well known to be a game where lady luck quite frequently sticks her oar in and gives things a good stir - which is one of the things that makes it so gripping a sport to watch.

Show me a game where the Davids never beat the Goliaths and I'll show you a game where luck has little influence.

Of course it would be nonsense to suggest that the whole of Hibs' poor run of results since February was down to luck, at the same time though, it's pretty churlish to deny that luck or the absence of it could have had any influence.

To an extent I agree with this, if Deek hadn't hit the posts and De Graff had taken his easy chances, Yogi would still be here and we'd be sitting 3rd or 4th, the team has been playing without any confidence whatsoever, that was plainly obviuos for all to see. Getting a couple of decent wins under the belt breeds that confidence and having that wee bit of luck going your way does help a hellova lot.

We weren't being unlucky though, we were just pish!

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    We weren't being unlucky though, we were just pish!

Why were we p1sh?

Yes there were problems on and off the park but surely winning against Hamilton,ICT and scoring first against the Hun, the team confidemce would've been sky high and along with this comes better quality football, I still think we have the best squad of players outside the OF and hopefully they can prove that.

Whoooooooooooooosh!!!!!!!!

cheek: Tongue: Alert!!

Quote Originally Posted by section43 View Post
    Whoooooooooooooosh!!!!!!!!

cheek: Tongue: Alert!!

Once again, those with a sense of humour by-pass are out in force

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMG View Post
    No home wins, no away wins, no goals. The guys coat is on a shoogly peg!
    He's definitely "lost the dressing room."

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Undefeated so far, get him signed up permanently Petrie, what are you waiting for?

Quote Originally Posted by JC50 View Post
    Why were we p1sh?

Yes there were problems on and off the park but surely winning against Hamilton,ICT and scoring first against the Hun, the team confidemce would've been sky high and along with this comes better quality football, I still think we have the best squad of players outside the OF and hopefully they can prove that.
    Surely winning every game for the rest of the season would make us win the league and the Scottish Cup. However we wont, and we didnt beat Hamilton, or ICT, and we didnt score first against Rangers, and we didnt beat Ross COunty, and we havent won at ER for so many months.

Like I said in another post, when does "bad luck" turn into "we're pish?"

If I was as skilful as Messi i would be playing professional football, but i'm not, i'm pish at football! Or maybe i'm just unlucky...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol
    the guy cant exactly come out and say he did this that and the next thing wrong. remember when derek criticized the pitch and he got a fine, i think the he had to say what he did.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yekimevol View Post
    the guy cant exactly come out and say he did this that and the next thing wrong. remember when derek criticized the pitch and he got a fine, i think the he had to say what he did.
    I agree, thats why i don't listen much to the weekly bull we hear from whoever is in charge now. Its the same standard answers to the same standard questions that are boring as hell.

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Lets not be too harsh on him.

He is only temporary and its not his mess. He is suddenly stuck in front of the headlights.

We need to get behind him, as we certainly need the points. The players need to respond positively.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Easy guys!

Given that it's his job to motivate the players for tomorrow's game, what else could he have said about recent events?

Not many people are motivated by being told that they are pish or lazy or not fit to wear the jersey.
    I'm fed up hearing that the players can't be criticised, to be honest. Not criticising the players didn't do Hughes or Mixu a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    If you really think there is no such thing as luck in football you are living in another world !!!
    No matter at what level of sport you look at there are hundreds of examples of "luck"
    The defender slips, the bounce of the ball , the ball is deflecred etc , etc etc.
    I have sat in a dressing room after a game sick as a parrot through losing a match to a "fluke" and the following week beein grinning through a wee break giving us a win
    It is important to remember that luck works for and against and usually levels itself out .

As to slagging off players because they express an opinion that just brings them into line with the punters on here who express opinios which are not liked
    To each his own remember !! :
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    GARBAGE!

Football is well known to be a game where lady luck quite frequently sticks her oar in and gives things a good stir - which is one of the things that makes it so gripping a sport to watch.

Show me a game where the Davids never beat the Goliaths and I'll show you a game where luck has little influence.

Of course it would be nonsense to suggest that the whole of Hibs' poor run of results since February was down to luck, at the same time though, it's pretty churlish to deny that luck or the absence of it could have had any influence.
    If you believe in luck, do you believe in fairies and goblins too?

@hibs.net private member

I disagree - some people would go out to prove whoever said it wrong.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar

What have you started?

Easy guys!

What about, 'We've not been on great run of late but tomorrow is when we turn it around. This group are much better than they have been showing and I'm looking to get the best out of them again and get back to winning ways.' ?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwhibs View Post
    What about, 'We've not been on great run of late but tomorrow is when we turn it around. This group are much better than they have been showing and I'm looking to get the best out of them again and get back to winning ways.' ?
    Yes lets all get behind stevenson and Evens and the players tomorrow
    we are in this together We got what most of us wanted rid of yogi so our season starts tomorrow at 3 oclock so from the first whistle lets get behind the team:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    That accent and dress sense too...
    Not Hibs class!

Another fantastic sense of humour failure. Only just beaten into 2nd place by the complete lack of humour exhibited in the Sunshine on Leith in Belfast thread.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm fed up hearing that the players can't be criticised, to be honest. Not criticising the players didn't do Hughes or Mixu a great deal.

If you believe in luck, do you believe in fairies and goblins too?
    Ever heard of Chaos theory??? Or Poker for that matter!

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Stevenson has certainly lost it.

I can confidently predict he's only got one more game in the job before he's away, whatever the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    Stevenson has certainly lost it.

I can confidently predict he's only got one more game in the job before he's away, whatever the result.
    It's harsh considering he's unbeaten in all competitions!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JC50 View Post
    To an extent I agree with this, if Deek hadn't hit the posts and De Graff had taken his easy chances, Yogi would still be here and we'd be sitting 3rd or 4th, the team has been playing without any confidence whatsoever, that was plainly obviuos for all to see. Getting a couple of decent wins under the belt breeds that confidence and having that wee bit of luck going your way does help a hellova lot.
    If De Graff had scored against rangers and they hadnt scored there 3 we would have got 3 points! I dont get how people keep spouting this rubbish. The opposition teams also missed chances against us in these games as did we. Total clutching of straws saying 'if we had only did this and we had only done that'.

If the bad run continues there will be people on here saying, if only they had missed there clear cut goals and if only there players had hit the post instead of scoring.

You make your own luck! You put the opposition under pressure which makes them make mistakes which can then be classed as luck for us. I find it embarrassing when managers, players and fans start blaming luck for a string of bad results.