hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Craig Levein.....big bairn.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Boy's a fanny. Always mind him going greetin' tae the papers after Mowbray didnae come and have a blether wi him after a derby. So ******!

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    pathetic repsonse to simple questions, he should never have got the job in the 1st place

then again maybe i'm just bitter as i applied and didn't get an interview, got a nice letter from Gordon Smith though

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    he should have been carpeted after the czech game and also after that walkout

no strikers = embarrassing
    and not giving an efficent post match interveiw = embarrasing

someone should remind that guy exactly how much Sky TV are paying the sfa, spl for coverage of horrible football and all should be done to keep there investment

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    he should have been carpeted after the czech game and also after that walkout

no strikers = embarrassing
    and not giving an efficent post match interveiw = embarrasing

someone should remind that guy exactly how much Sky TV are paying the sfa, spl for coverage of horrible football and all should be done to keep there investment
    Was just gonna say the same thing myself, his response to questions about the lack of strikers in the Czech game was as embarrassing as his team selection.

Promising Youngster
    Total lack of any class from Levein.

Tuesday's performance did him little favours as it showed that with a bit of attacking intent Scotland ain't that bad a team. To start with absolutely no intention of going forward against a team that had just got beat at home to Lithuania beggars belief. Much of the chat after the Spanish game was mainly about why the **** did we not set up like that against the Czech's, hardly unreasonable for Levein to be asked pretty much that question!

Testimonial Due
    Totally disagree, think he was right to ignore that little fool Tanner.

We had just come of the back of a game where we scored two goals against the best national team in the world by a distance, 10 minutes from a point and some poor defending cost us.

It shows a complete lack of journalistic intelligence that all tanner wanted to do was go on about Friday. That result is done, the game was over, they had many a news paper article and interview to do there chatting on that, why oh why they felt that in the 5 min interview they had after that game they had to focus on the previous game is ridiculous.

Tanner needs to have a look at himself, albeit I am sure he is probably delighted that we was on the end of that and upped his profile.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    No way was a fair question to ask we played against the best team in the world with the mind set to attack when we could, yet we went out against the czechs like they where the world beaters

Tuesdays performance not only restored abit of national/player pride it highlighted a horrendous decision by levein to feild no strikers against the czechs, he knew that was the case and dodged the questions we where all asking ...embarassing

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post

We had just come of the back of a game where we scored two goals against the best national team in the world by a distance, 10 minutes from a point and some poor defending cost us.

It shows a complete lack of journalistic intelligence that all tanner wanted to do was go on about Friday. That result is done, the game was over, they had many a news paper article and interview to do there chatting on that, why oh why they felt that in the 5 min interview they had after that game they had to focus on the previous game is ridiculous.

Tanner needs to have a look at himself, albeit I am sure he is probably delighted that we was on the end of that and upped his profile.

I could agree with your point if Potter had already answered questions regarding his team selection against the Czechs. But he dodged the question after that game, and he's still dodging it. By the time the next international games come round, the subject will be gone.

I still want to know just exactly what thought process (supposing "thought" was actually involved at any point) would lead a manager to put out a team without a single forward....

Nay, nay and thrice nay

Tanner didn't just go on about Fridays game (even tho he is a welt) also the two games were only 4 days apart and linked to the same tournament, he had every right to ask about the two sides and how they differed in tactics

HP is a total phanny

Promising Youngster
    Potter has to prepare for only 4 competitive games in almost 12 months. I think a few questions four days later questioning his tactics for a game that is likely to ultimately decide our fate in 12 months time is fair game.

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Everything about Potter just screams, 'Heart of Midlothian FC'.

No class, style, intelligence, knowledge, humour, warmth, guile, humility or nous.

The guy is a complete prick.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Showing his true colours.

This man should never be anywhere near the managers position IMO. The sooner his reign is over the better.

@hibs.net private member
    Pathetic response from Harry potter. Imagine getting flustered by That wee did Tanner. The man has no class.

You have a habit of defending te indefensible - first Yogi and now Levein. Last Friday night was totally unacceptable and Levein's attitude and behaviour since has been nothing short of scandalous.

1. He tells the fans to get used to it - this is the way of football - rubbish! The under 21's prove that on Monday night - good game shame about the result.

2. Whilst it is one thing to defend your tactics immediately post match - quite another to continue to do so knowing you were wrong.

3. To hide behind your assistant and send Peter Houston out who then refused to answer questions about Friday is cowardice of a low order.

4. To show a lack of respect to the interviewer and walk of petulantly is simply weak and embarrassing.

The guy is way out of his depth and if he is half decent would apologise first to the fans for showing disrespect in the way he set up the team on Friday and then secondly to his employers for his weak pathetic behaviour in front of the cameras. Tanner was hardly aggressive in his questioning - trying to put Tuesday's match and Friday's performance into perspective - nought wrong with that in my view.

Did anyone else get the sense that Potter was just waiting for that coming? I felt his facial expressions were a bit of a giveaway
    This is how it feels

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Tenacious-Daz
    Quote Originally Posted by talking_wiss View Post
    Total lack of any class from Levein.

Tuesday's performance did him little favours as it showed that with a bit of attacking intent Scotland ain't that bad a team. To start with absolutely no intention of going forward against a team that had just got beat at home to Lithuania beggars belief. Much of the chat after the Spanish game was mainly about why the **** did we not set up like that against the Czech's, hardly unreasonable for Levein to be asked pretty much that question!
    Right on the money bud.

Potter is dodging the question simply because, he must not have an adequate answer to appease his doubters that and the fact he is far too pig-headed to ever admit he was wrong!

As has already been pointed out he lacks the class needed to be an international manager.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Did anyone else get the sense that Potter was just waiting for that coming? I felt his facial expressions were a bit of a giveaway
    Definitely.

I also remember him stating quite arrogantly in the press conference prior to the game that he was given the job of getting Scotland to the finals of a major tournament, and that if people didn't like his methods, he "didn't care" - so he looks even more of a t!t by making said arrogant statement and then failing miserably to back it up in interview.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I will give Levein great credit for the performance and the way he set the team up on Tuesday. It was a great effort from all involved, but ultimately it was another defeat, one we all pretty much expected.

The Friday before was anti football at its worst, and he was THE man responsible for that. Of course the question should be asked, we don't play another game for months, by the time he's interviewed again he will want to concentrate on the game ahead. He's a phanny that got one of the most important games he will ever be involved in completely wrong, he needs to tell us why, or at least explain his thinking?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by camhibby1 View Post
    You have a habit of defending te indefensible - first Yogi and now Levein. Last Friday night was totally unacceptable and Levein's attitude and behaviour since has been nothing short of scandalous.

1. He tells the fans to get used to it - this is the way of football - rubbish! The under 21's prove that on Monday night - good game shame about the result.

2. Whilst it is one thing to defend your tactics immediately post match - quite another to continue to do so knowing you were wrong.

3. To hide behind your assistant and send Peter Houston out who then refused to answer questions about Friday is cowardice of a low order.

4. To show a lack of respect to the interviewer and walk of petulantly is simply weak and embarrassing.

The guy is way out of his depth and if he is half decent would apologise first to the fans for showing disrespect in the way he set up the team on Friday and then secondly to his employers for his weak pathetic behaviour in front of the cameras. Tanner was hardly aggressive in his questioning - trying to put Tuesday's match and Friday's performance into perspective - nought wrong with that in my view.

Totally disagree, perhaps my defending of the in-defendable, as you say is similar to you comparing the incomparable. Under 21's at home to Iceland V full international away from home? Not seeing a comparison there, other than the fact that both teams lost, one by a far greater margin than the other.

1. I think what he said is that approach is likely to become more familiar for teams in general - I will listen to his point and see what happens - you will accept he understands more about the game of football that you?

2. Did it occur to you he did not think he was wrong - PS as football fans why are we so obsessed with people coming out and apologising to us? He did what he did, we did not get a result and it is his head on the line.

3. The media as always do not care about reporting anything positive, why bow to there pressure and pash questions, how often do you read anything of interest in the EEN for example - never. Once the matter has been dealt with once, it is over, the question asked and answered end of.

4. The interview showed him a complete lack of respect, to all those watching on sky and listening on the radio, but by little Tanner, not Levein. The first time Levein was asked about Friday he said he was not there to talk about that, the little runt Tanner then tried to think of as many different ways to ask the same question.

In my view he was completely out of order. We all watched or listened to a good game of football against Spain – the worlds best football team, were we got the performance and approach to football we asked for, why not talk about that? Be happy that our approach to the game was different - given you think Levein should apologies for Friday, do you think we should all send him a "thank you" for the approach on Tuesday?

Friday was in the past a game I would rather forget, I wanted to hear our national manager talk about that game, how he thought we did, the approach we took to the game, if he felt we could adopt that going forward - but no, lets just hit him with Friday again.

Tanner was the one being disrespectful to all us fans. We all probably felt a little bit better and wanted to focus on the positives....a dirty word on here I know.

With regards to Yogi, I dont really wish to start on that again, but I will always give my support to a manager so long as he is in charge at Hibs and on the basis he has shown he can do something for us.

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Totally disagree, perhaps my defending of the in-defendable, as you say is similar to you comparing the incomparable. Under 21's at home to Iceland V full international away from home? Not seeing a comparison there, other than the fact that both teams lost, one by a far greater margin than the other.

1. I think what he said is that approach is likely to become more familiar for teams in general - I will listen to his point and see what happens - you will accept he understands more about the game of football that you?

2. Did it occur to you he did not think he was wrong - PS as football fans why are we so obsessed with people coming out and apologising to us? He did what he did, we did not get a result and it is his head on the line.

3. The media as always do not care about reporting anything positive, why bow to there pressure and pash questions, how often do you read anything of interest in the EEN for example - never. Once the matter has been dealt with once, it is over, the question asked and answered end of.

4. The interview showed him a complete lack of respect, to all those watching on sky and listening on the radio, but by little Tanner, not Levein. The first time Levein was asked about Friday he said he was not there to talk about that, the little runt Tanner then tried to think of as many different ways to ask the same question.

In my view he was completely out of order. We all watched or listened to a good game of football against Spain – the worlds best football team, were we got the performance and approach to football we asked for, why not talk about that? Be happy that our approach to the game was different - given you think Levein should apologies for Friday, do you think we should all send him a "thank you" for the approach on Tuesday?

Friday was in the past a game I would rather forget, I wanted to hear our national manager talk about that game, how he thought we did, the approach we took to the game, if he felt we could adopt that going forward - but no, lets just hit him with Friday again.

Tanner was the one being disrespectful to all us fans. We all probably felt a little bit better and wanted to focus on the positives....a dirty word on here I know.

With regards to Yogi, I dont really wish to start on that again, but I will always give my support to a manager so long as he is in charge at Hibs and on the basis he has shown he can do something for us.

You actually come accross in a very similar vein as Levein himself.

Is that you Craig?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I will give Levein great credit for the performance and the way he set the team up on Tuesday. It was a great effort from all involved, but ultimately it was another defeat, one we all pretty much expected.

The Friday before was anti football at its worst, and he was THE man responsible for that. Of course the question should be asked, we don't play another game for months, by the time he's interviewed again he will want to concentrate on the game ahead. He's a phanny that got one of the most important games he will ever be involved in completely wrong, he needs to tell us why, or at least explain his thinking?
    Disagree, Levein deserved no credit whatsoever for the game against Spain, it was the players efforts, fight and spirit and the fu-- you Levein were better than that attitude the players showed, Levein comes out of this mess with absolutely no f,n credit at all.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrebus View Post
    You actually come accross in a very similar vein as Levein himself.

Is that you Craig?

Yeah, how did you guess? I was obviously chocking to come on here and see what the Hibs fans (who are naturally going to support me) had to say about the recent games.

Peter has nipped to the shops but will be back soon, I have promised if anything comes up which is decent I will send him a text.

Word on the street is Tanner is on here aswell - do you know his posting name is?

First Team Breakthrough emmjayfox's Avatar
    I think Craig got it all wrong on Tuesday night, why he never went a 4-6-0 is beyond me.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    What a tosser Harry Potter is, a really genuine horrible person.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Disagree, Levein deserved no credit whatsoever for the game against Spain, it was the players efforts, fight and spirit and the fu-- you Levein were better than that attitude the players showed, Levein comes out of this mess with absolutely no f,n credit at all.
    As much as i think he's a tosser, i wont go down the route he's to blame when we do badly, but its nothing to do with him if we do better.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    As much as i think he's a tosser, i wont go down the route he's to blame when we do badly, but its nothing to do with him if we do better.

Agreed, have always worked on the philosophy success has many fathers, failure is a bast*rd.

Perhaps the motto of many a .net poster!

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    What a tosser Harry Potter is, a really genuine horrible person.
    No he isn't. Perhaps you might consider it is you who are being mean spirited in saying that.

This fervent grasping at the tiniest hold to heap all this vindictiveness on Levein is really painful to read.

Blog Entries
    Nope

If this is the case, see the above answer.
    . The interview showed him a complete lack of respect, to all those watching on sky and listening on the radio, but by little Tanner, not Levein. The first time Levein was asked about Friday he said he was not there to talk about that, the little runt Tanner then tried to think of as many different ways to ask the same question.
    Bollox. All absolutely valid questions, and still would have been valid if he was being interviewed by Fred West or Adolf Hitler. How in any way is not valid for a Scotland manager to answer comparative questions about a game. Pound to a penny if/when we do eventually win a match in some style he'll be quick enough to refer back to it in mitigiation of the next horrendous flop.

Irrelevant
    Or maybe be asked given the contrasting performances of the two games, which approach did he feel would service us better for the next one?
    And another dig at the denizens of Hibs net. Impressive collection youre getting there Albion old boy.

As I believe you to be a , I have to congratulate you on the subtlety of the words chosen in this post.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoCarpets View Post
    Nope

If this is the case, see the above answer.

Bollox. All absolutely valid questions, and still would have been valid if he was being interviewed by Fred West or Adolf Hitler. How in any way is not valid for a Scotland manager to answer comparative questions about a game. Pound to a penny if/when we do eventually win a match in some style he'll be quick enough to refer back to it in mitigiation of the next horrendous flop.

Irrelevant
    Or maybe be asked given the contrasting performances of the two games, which approach did he feel would service us better for the next one?
    And another dig at the denizens of Hibs net. Impressive collection youre getting there Albion old boy.

As I believe you to be a , I have to congratulate you on the subtlety of the words chosen in this post.
    Clearly a difference of opinion, I am fine with that and happy enough for you to think what you think.

Remarkable how difference of opinion = being a hertz fan on here.

I believe we may have had the jambo chat before, and I believe that last time I was of the opinion that such a slate does not bother me, I will again stress that one.

One thing about your post does however impress me, I just love the carve up of all the little quotes, that is very good - shame about the comments in between each of them though!