hibs.net Messageboard

Lightbulb Hibernian needs you

I just wanted to echo the sentiments on the Fishul Pages, that the team really need our backing, especially now.

Hibs are in a poor position results wise, as we all know, but if getting behind the team vocally can help in any way, let's go for it.

:notworthy:

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member MountcastleHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CBacke
    Totally agree. Let's get behind the team right from kick off on Saturday and get this much needed win and the first for 7 months at ER!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    While i agree the club needs us, we needed the support just as much in fact maybe even more during the last few months, but yet again just like the team we have been poor.

@hibs.net private member
    Yep I agree. me and couple of mates are back up the road for this game on Saturday. Inevitable question though - is there a cash gate on the East stand?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While i agree the club needs us, we needed the support just as much in fact maybe even more during the last few months, but yet again just like the team we have been poor.
    I've not.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I've not.
    Me neither, although when the team are poor we as a support are hopeless. We don't get behind the team, we don't make the place intimidating, we just moan and see the numbers dwindle. Yes there are the odd exception like you and me but rather than support the team in adversity, the place becomes a morgue apart from the booing.

When the club need us most, we the fans dont deliver yet expect the team to. Its something i will never understand?

Me neither, although when the team are poor we as a support are hopeless. We don't get behind the team, we don't make the place intimidating, we just moan and see the numbers dwindle. Yes there are the odd exception like you and me but rather than support the team in adversity, the place becomes a morgue apart from the booing.

When the club need us most, we the fans dont deliver yet expect the team to. Its something i will never understand?
    I don't think the problem is exclusive to Hibs fans though?! We are a hard bunch to please but you could pitch up at most places in Scotland and England on a Saturday at 3 and it's like a morgue for normal run of the mill games. There are a few exceptions of course.

Testimonial Due

Agreed with the last bit, the atmosphere at ER at times is so poor. Perhaps a reflection of whats happening at the pitch. I went along to the 21's game the other night at the atmosphere / noise was far superior.

It is a hard problem to solve, and frustrating when at times the loudest the crowd gets is at the end of the game when certain sections are booing! Probably the same as some of the posters on there that claim to have been unhappy on our winning run at the start of last season - how do you please that type of fan?

Dont think I have the answer, as we are overnight not going to become superstars that beat teams 10 nil every week. All I do know is saturday is a huge game, we have a manager on the bench that has been with the club for circa 5 years in his current back room role, and he will need the support just as much as any. Like always win or lose I will be behind, they can shove there pies, I would love to hump them!

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Hibs are in a poor position results wise, as we all know, but if getting behind the team vocally can help in any way, let's go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerseyHibee View Post
    Yep I agree. me and couple of mates are back up the road for this game on Saturday. Inevitable question though - is there a cash gate on the East stand?
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    [SIZE=2]Agreed with the last bit, the atmosphere at ER at times is so poor. It is a hard problem to solve, and frustrating when at times the loudest the crowd gets is at the end of the game when certain sections are booing! Dont think I have the answer
    Guys - I don't have all the answers but I'd like to ask you a few questions:-
    1. Do you leave it to others to sing or are you the sort to pipe up yerself?
    2. If so - do you agree that vocal support is commonly started from the same part of the ground e.g. The Shed then The Gantry in the case of Easter Road?
    3. Did you know Hibs Fans have started a singing section around Section 43 in the East Stand?
    4. Did you know that we are connected to the new Hibs12thMan movement?
    5. Were you aware that we have a new banner on display this Saturday? http://www.hibs12thman.co.uk/?page_id=36

So for this match why don't you take a seat in Section43 and join us in giving vocal support to the team? There you will be able to find out more about Hibs12thMan, our planned songbook and other activities

And as for their being a cash gate - simply queue up at the Ticket Office and buy your tickets for Section 43 - that way you are guaranteed a seat. You can also switch your seat - it only takes 2 minutes

Glory! Glory!
    Last edited by RIP; 14-10-2010 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    Agreed with the last bit, the atmosphere at ER at times is so poor. Perhaps a reflection of whats happening at the pitch. I went along to the 21's game the other night at the atmosphere / noise was far superior.

It is a hard problem to solve, and frustrating when at times the loudest the crowd gets is at the end of the game when certain sections are booing! Probably the same as some of the posters on there that claim to have been unhappy on our winning run at the start of last season - how do you please that type of fan?

Dont think I have the answer, as we are overnight not going to become superstars that beat teams 10 nil every week. All I do know is saturday is a huge game, we have a manager on the bench that has been with the club for circa 5 years in his current back room role, and he will need the support just as much as any. Like always win or lose I will be behind, they can shove there pies, I would love to hump them!
    Where do you sit then?

i was in the South Stand for the U21 game on Monday and ER didnt half look intimidating with that awesome big new East Stand full. It looked amazing from where i was sitting. VERY noisy indeed. I was with a couple of arabs and they thought ER was brilliant now.

If the new men can get a good team in place then ER could be a real fortress.

ER would be unreal beating Hearts on derby day, i can picture it now....

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    Where do you sit then?
    west upper, at Easter Road of course before the silly yam chat starts again.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    I just wanted to echo the sentiments on the Fishul Pages, that the team really need our backing, especially now.

:notworthy:
    im with you on this one but is it ok to boooo if nish is playing