hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 635
  1. #1
    Testimonial Due Prawn Sandwich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    East Lothian
    Posts
    1,131

    Steve Clarke? ex Assistant at Chelski and West Ham? (merged)

    Steve Clarke has plenty of experience at assistant level and presumably plenty of money to take a low paid Managers job to get him started?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Clarke


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,528
    Again yes but we will not get him.

  4. #3
    would have him in a heartbeat. Whether or not the SPL could lure him is another matter.

  5. #4
    Promising Youngster Hibby_Ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Posts
    84
    surely a favourite

  6. #5
    First Team Breakthrough Whos-the-poster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn Sandwich View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Steve Clarke has plenty of experience at assistant level and presumably plenty of money to take a low paid Managers job to get him started?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Clarke
    Would get my vote however surley we need to go for experience in these desperate times

  7. #6

    Stevie Clarke

    Currently not working. Has never been the top man at a club. Worked under various managers at the highest level at Chelsea and West Ham. He is Scottish and is rated highly in the coaching world.

    I would have given him the Scotland job and if I had been at Celtic would have taken him there.

    He knows the game inside out and willl have more contacts than you can eat.

    He is the man, no doubt about it.

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    32,236
    I'd be amazed if he'd come to us, as you say very highly rated down south so i can see him going to a championship club

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    62
    Posts
    43,373
    Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Fox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Currently not working. Has never been the top man at a club. Worked under various managers at the highest level at Chelsea and West Ham. He is Scottish and is rated highly in the coaching world.

    I would have given him the Scotland job and if I had been at Celtic would have taken him there.

    He knows the game inside out and willl have more contacts than you can eat.

    He is the man, no doubt about it.
    I think he's a coach and not a Manager!

  10. #9
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Edinburgh
    Posts
    14,685
    I reckon he's too expensive. Good call though.

  11. #10
    Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Warriston
    Age
    64
    Posts
    7,582
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I reckon he's too expensive. Good call though.
    And therein lies the problem.
    We've sacked another manager, which had to be done, but we will replace him with another cheep option no doubt, and give him little to work with.

    I'm delighted Yogi has gone because he proved to be useless, but until the board start showing the same ambition for ON park needs that they show for OFF park, then I can't get too excited about all this.

  12. #11
    Decent first manager post for him, I would think. If he has half a brain (and he seems to have considerably more) he won't be in the SPL more than 18 months. He'd come into an under-performing squad with good young players and with them trying to impress, the only way would be up. Strong motivation of established players, good coaching of youngsters, a clear out policy and a couple of Christmas signings and Europe would be more than a possibility.

    It would be a decent springboard to the EPL for him and a quick but probably exciting fix for us, and he'd leave something decent in place for a longer-term guy.

    Far sweeter a first job prospect for SC than going into some politics-laden, debt-ridden championship club who are desperate to be in the EPL for TV money only.

    If Clarke is serious about stepping outside the second-banana comfort zone, I would be very surprised if Hibs aren't on his radar as at least one possibility as to where to start.

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Some where over the rainbow
    Age
    61
    Posts
    4,293
    Steve Clarke was my choice last time and have voted for him in the .net poll. As said above this would be a good stepping stone to bigger things down south. That is also the downside, if he is any good he'll be away in about 18 months.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

  14. #13
    Testimonial Due smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cameron Toll
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,380
    At Chelsea and West Ham he earnt a fortune. He's a millionaire.

    It doesn't mean that he doesn't want to increase his earnings in the future of course...

    But as a starting point as a number one the ER job isn't that bad a number you know...

  15. #14
    Testimonial Due Danny_Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Peterhead
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,587
    was he not the highest paid assistant in the premiership at one point? I'm sure he was on 20,000 a week. not sure he'd come here for 2 grand a week

  16. #15
    Testimonial Due smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cameron Toll
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    was he not the highest paid assistant in the premiership at one point? I'm sure he was on 20,000 a week. not sure he'd come here for 2 grand a week
    He's financially secure. ER would be a stepping stone.

    And great if it proved to be.

  17. #16
    Agreed...this would be an exciting appointment.

    Similar to the Tony Mowbray one in a number of senses, but I (for one) do not mind at all the stepping stone thing...because if it works all round then ALL parties will have benefitted.

    Remember Mogga called it the Upward Spiral. Everyone gets better, House Full signs going up (even on the South Stand for some games) and (best of all) some great football and savvy attractive passing fitba to watch and take the wee man to see.

    I'd rather have that (with the boss then jumping ship to a bigger salaried job, netting Hibs a fee AND improving the club's attractiveness to the next again man as a great place for the best managers to hone their career) than have another 18month period that ends in acrimony with a cheaper appointment.

    Steve Clarke. Good call, this one, as would be Pardew.

  18. #17
    First Team Regular Dr_Regal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    New Hampshire,USA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    610
    Perfect first job for him, if he is in fact interested in becoming a manager. Would think he would be interested in a club like us.

    Whats he doing now, on the dole?

    This guy should be top of rodders list.

  19. #18
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    West Edinburgh
    Posts
    14,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    was he not the highest paid assistant in the premiership at one point? I'm sure he was on 20,000 a week. not sure he'd come here for 2 grand a week
    I have a copy of West Ham's wage bill for last season. Big bucks. Steve Clarke was on 24,200 a week. That's nothing compared to Luis Boa Morte and Kieron Dyer who were both on 70,000 a week despite hardly playing in the first team.

    I gather Boa Morte signed a new contract in the summer too. Probably for even more.

  20. #19
    @hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,171
    No doubt about it, the Hibs job is an attractive one for a man wanting to make his way in management. Good stadium, well run club and excellent training facilities along with a recognised and established youth policy.

    May not pay the big bucks but would only have to look what it led to for Mowbray (up until Parkheid) to see that it is a top job for a less established or rookie manager with ambition.

  21. #20
    Testimonial Due HibeeSince85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed...this would be an exciting appointment.

    Similar to the Tony Mowbray one in a number of senses, but I (for one) do not mind at all the stepping stone thing...because if it works all round then ALL parties will have benefitted.

    Remember Mogga called it the Upward Spiral. Everyone gets better, House Full signs going up (even on the South Stand for some games) and (best of all) some great football and savvy attractive passing fitba to watch and take the wee man to see.

    I'd rather have that (with the boss then jumping ship to a bigger salaried job, netting Hibs a fee AND improving the club's attractiveness to the next again man as a great place for the best managers to hone their career) than have another 18month period that ends in acrimony with a cheaper appointment.

    Steve Clarke. Good call, this one, as would be Pardew.
    That is the best thing i've read on here. Bang on!

  22. #21
    First Team Regular M11BMO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Limelite
    Age
    37
    Posts
    566
    This was who I voted for on the other thread with the poll.

    Would love it if we went out of our way to get him. Advice from Jose would come in handy!

  23. #22
    @hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Gyle
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,945
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    I have heard this is on the table.

    dont shoot the messenger

    Hibernian Football Club

  24. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have heard this is on the table.

    dont shoot the messenger

    He wants to manage in the Premier League and does not rate Scottish football:

    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle7061264.ece

  25. #24
    Testimonial Due Cabbage East's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,626
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have heard this is on the table.

    dont shoot the messenger


  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Gyle
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,945
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote



    As i said, dont shoot the messenger. Just passing on some 'intel' i had received, although this person has been wrong, and right, in the past.

    Didnt say it was a done deal but was told that there was an offer on the table (from which party i dont know)
    Last edited by MacBean; 06-10-2010 at 12:00 PM.
    Hibernian Football Club

  27. #26
    Testimonial Due smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cameron Toll
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,380
    Quote Originally Posted by ancienthibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He wants to manage in the Premier League and does not rate Scottish football:

    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle7061264.ece
    But doesn't rule out a job in Scotland...

    I'm glad he thinks the quality is poor. It is!!

    I think he would listen to us.

  28. #27
    @hibs.net private member Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    55
    Posts
    56,091
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Didnt say it was a done deal but was told that there was an offer on the table (from which party i dont know)
    It won't be as far advanced as that yet.

  29. #28
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    52,475
    I've got money on it.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned 2,389.68!



  30. #29
    First Team Breakthrough cockneymike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by ancienthibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He wants to manage in the Premier League and does not rate Scottish football:

    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle7061264.ece
    Yes - but he didn't rule out returning to scottish football as a manager! Re-read it!

  31. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_one View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Again yes but we will not get him.
    Dont bet against it mate.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)