hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Now Hughes has gone.

Surely we will climb the league and start playing attractive football? It was all Yogi's fault after all, and any of us could have done better and whoever is given the job just has to play 2 wide men, Riordan up top and away we go.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    Well things can't get any worse BH We were heading into the first division under Yogi or do you see it differently.

You don’t know what the future holds for our club no one does.

Quote Originally Posted by hibiedude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well things can't get any worse BH We were heading into the first division under Yogi or do you see it differently.

You don’t know what the future holds for our club no one does.
    No i cant see into the future, and did say about 3 weeks ago Hughes time was probably up. What i do wonder though is, what happens if the new man comes in, and things don't improve?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    No i cant see into the future, and did say about 3 weeks ago Hughes time was probably up. What i do wonder though is, what happens if the new man comes in, and things don't improve?
    Give the guy time ffs. Let him get his own players in. You know. The usual.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    It's easy BH, we just boo and scream abuse until he's gone too.

We should really run a poll on who we think might be the manager after next.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourne Yesterday View Post
    Give the guy time ffs. Let him get his own players in. You know. The usual.
    Yes you'd think so, but i dont believe the new guy will get as much time as Hughes did. Apparently it was all his fault and we have the 3rd best squad in the SPL.

Fair play to you Blackpool. Still trying to get a rise out of folk even when Hughes has gone.

@hibs.net private member
    If we don't improve we would end up in a relegation dog fight and need to bring in some impact players in the transfer window.....I guess it depends if our current performance is sub optimal with current squad. If you believe that then you got to expect an improvement...

Surely we will climb the league and start playing attractive football? It was all Yogi's fault after all, and any of us could have done better and whoever is given the job just has to play 2 wide men, Riordan up top and away we go.
    You're quite upset about this, aren't you. I suppose it's the same as when you were so desperate to get rid of Mixu, you obviously felt Hibs would be much better under a new manager. What's so different that other people think the same now?

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Yes you'd think so, but i dont believe the new guy will get as much time as Hughes did. Apparently it was all his fault and we have the 3rd best squad in the SPL.
    depends who the new guy is really. The amount of time a manager gets normally depends on results, how much the fans like him, the style of football we play, the players he brings in.

I know what you are getting at, but no way to know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Fair play to you Blackpool. Still trying to get a rise out of folk even when Hughes has gone.
    It is a little tongue in cheek, but the question does need asked, what if the new guy cant stem the tide with the 3rd best squad in the SPL?

It is a little tongue in cheek, but the question does need asked, what if the new guy cant stem the tide with the 3rd best squad in the SPL?

I'd have to say, that makes me laugh as well. I've no idea where people get that notion from.

Well when the new man comes in then he needs to be given TIME to sort out the mess. The season is still young but we have the same bunch of players. Lets hope he can motivate the players and get them going.

I think the best we can hope for is top 6 finish unless the new man can produce a wee miracle.

So He is gone and now comes thread after thread of who it might be and who it might not be.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Well when the new man comes in then he needs to be given TIME to sort out the mess.
    How long are you giving him?

The new guy probably has a better starting position than others have had in the past, wether we have the third best squad is debatable but we certainly don`t have the 12th worst either.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    You're quite upset about this, aren't you. I suppose it's the same as when you were so desperate to get rid of Mixu, you obviously felt Hibs would be much better under a new manager. What's so different that other people think the same now?

I'm not upset at all. Boltonhibs rang me this morning and got me out my pit with the news, both of us were happy it was over, and glad we could get back to everyone pulling in the same direction.

Whats different this time is i agreed with the board that giving Hughes time to try and address the slump was the right thing to do, given what he achieved last season. Mixu achieved nothing, so we had nothing to compare it with.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    I'd have to say, that makes me laugh as well. I've no idea where people get that notion from.
    5th best squad at best imho, saying that we should be doing better than what we are.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=17132

I reckon this chap would do a terrific job

What happens if that scenario pans out is, we're ****ed, relegated and oot all the cups.

Lets hope that doesny happen then eh ...

I doubt anyone could be so stupid as to invite that situation on themselves. Lets hope Petrie isny that stupid...

As we eluded to another thread, this is a big appointment. I'd expect to see an immediate improvement just through being better organised than we are at the moment.

The new manager must have a bit scope for wheeling and dealing in January as well - it should be easier to get rid of those guys in the last 6 months of their contarcts....and there are plenty of them!

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    Its that not negative talk BH

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    B.H

Dont you get bored with the pro Hughes rubbish? Ffs the guys record over the past 7-8 months has been horrific, as a result he has quite rightly left the club..

Why do you still feel the need to go on and on and on, its boring and pretty pathetic, who knows what our new manager will acheive, he may be worse than Hughes, he may also be better, the only certainty is that a fresh approach is needed and someone else deserves a chance to manage Hibs.

Question for you, What was Hughes realistically go on to achieve over the remainder of his contract?

I'm not upset at all. Boltonhibs rang me this morning and got me out my pit with the news, both of us were happy it was over, and glad we could get back to everyone pulling in the same direction.

Whats different this time is i agreed with the board that giving Hughes time to try and address the slump was the right thing to do, given what he achieved last season. Mixu achieved nothing, so we had nothing to compare it with.

Fair enough, I was under the impression you disagreed with the decision, in which case, sorry.

I was swithering myself in the summer over whether or not Yogi should be allowed to continue as manager this season. It's always easy to judge these things in hindsight so I'd find it difficult to criticize the board for giving him the change to turn things round.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    What happens if that scenario pans out is, we're ****ed, relegated and oot all the cups.

Lets hope that doesny happen then eh ...

I doubt anyone could be so stupid as to invite that situation on themselves. Lets hope Petrie isny that stupid...
    I hope we do improve, and think we will. The new man has to be the right man, and i have no idea who it will be?

The good thing is that Hughes never signed any diddies that are signed up for 2-3 more years.

So if the new guy can get more out the current team, gets Zemamma and Duffy back fit, Galbraith fit and into the side, perhaps we'll pan out to have a half decent season.... and Then he'll have scope to shape his squad next summer without paying off donkeys etc.

Hughes had to go and it's rather dissapointing how it worked out... BUT at least he's not left Hibs in too bad shape, IMO!

Damage limitation going on here.

Lets get things straight here- Yogi was NOT hounded out the door by the fans. His abysmal record over the past 8/9 months is what has led to today's events.

Fans on this forum have understandably been upset and turned on him in the same way you turned on Mixu and Collins so stop being a hypocrite. Your past record suggests you'll be one of the first to turn on any manager who is appointed.

Lets be fair here- people had every right to be concerned and were right in their assessment of the job Yogi was doing.

I supported the appointment but sometimes you have to hold your hands up and admit you got it badly wrong eh Blackpool?

Quote Originally Posted by RichH View Post
    Damage limitation going on here.

Lets get things straight here- Yogi was NOT hounded out the door by the fans. His abysmal record over the past 8/9 months is what has led to today's events.

Fans on this forum have understandably been upset and turned on him in the same way you turned on Mixu and Collins so stop being a hypocrite. Your past record suggests you'll be one of the first to turn on any manager who is appointed.

Lets be fair here- people had every right to be concerned and were right in their assessment of the job Yogi was doing.

I supported the appointment but sometimes you have to hold your hands up and admit you got it badly wrong eh Blackpool?
    Damage limitations, don't make me laugh? I supported the manager because of what he gave us in his first season in charge. I gave him a chance just as i did Mixu, and if he'd have taken us to 4th and Europe, i'd have given him longer too.

It is the right time for him to go, in fact if you care to check, i said this 3 weeks ago. How long should we give the next man if things are the same this time next season?

First Team Regular

And who are these 2 wide men..
    Arthur Daley and Del Boy??????

"keep the faith"

Quote Originally Posted by Love the Green View Post
    And who are these 2 wide men..
    Arthur Daley and Del Boy??????

"keep the faith"
    Whoosh.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    You really are insufferable y'know.