hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Faxed Back to Kaunas

What is the new manager's first task?

Saving us from relegation would be my criteria for this season. Whoever comes in will have a hell of a job with the players we've got. Yogi wasn't to blame for Stokes going and Duffy being injured but, apart from that, he's left a legacy for the next manager that few would envy. Deeks aside, we have nothing up front, no pace, and our midfield are restricted to a tight passing game as there is absolutely no width in the side. The January window will have to be used wisely to get a couple of players who can keep us in the Premier League.

Lastly, good luck to Yogi. He had to got yet he is well-liked amongst the supporters and I hope that some of the players at Easter Road feel embarrassed at their part in making him lose the job he loved.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibhib7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lastly, good luck to Yogi. He had to got yet he is well-liked amongst the supporters and I hope that some of the players at Easter Road feel embarrassed at their part in making him lose the job he loved.
    Why would they? They've done it to the last three managers.

As long as their wages go in and they can have a beer and a scrap up the town on a Saturday night they're quite happy.

Nae chance of relegation. The players will try like **** to impress the new gaffer, all itching for a start. Then Petrie will give him £1m in Janurary to strengthen the squad

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I'm expecting a lot more than saving us from relegation.

We're 3 points behind Hearts in 6th! With the right man in we can still finish in the top 6, we have enough good players to do that, as long as the manager gets them playing the way they should be. Drill in some concentration to the back line, Duffy comes into the team and will score goals.

We'll be fine...

We have to get some points on the board, starting with a win against Kilmarnock, be a more formidable team at home and a side that is harder to beat away, we have to play with organisation and commitment irrespective of the score and over 90 minutes, this would be a start, any shortcomings can be addressed in January and i`m sure that Rod Petrie has made provisions for the new manager when he arrives, how much backing he will be given will probably be based on how we do from now till then and quite rightly so.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Win a game.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Rattle the player's cages...uh no wait a minute, that's what Yogi did.

Manager with real passion....uh hang on, that was Yogi was.

Manager who can really get players motivated....wait...it's a different set of players that each manager has failed with previously.

Bring in players who'll want to fight for the jersey....uh nope that's what Rankin does.

Sell the fans..yeah that's it...sell the fans...clear out the deadwood.

@hibs.net private member BurghHibby's Avatar

What does the new manager need to do ....

Get Liam Miller to put the effort in to make a telling contribution in the middle of the park, never seen such a clean midfielder at the end of a game, not a mark on his kit, quiffed hair still intact etc.

Ditch McBride & Miller as the central midfield pairing...

Stabling the sinking ?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Rattle the player's cages...uh no wait a minute, that's what Yogi did.

Manager with real passion....uh hang on, that was Yogi was.

Manager who can really get players motivated....wait...it's a different set of players that each manager has failed with previously.

Bring in players who'll want to fight for the jersey....uh nope that's what Rankin does.

Sell the fans..yeah that's it...sell the fans...clear out the deadwood.

On your 1st point, Imo, and of course its just my view i dont think yogi rattled anyones cages, From the inpression i got and again its just my view and inpression, he was more pally, hes a buddy not my boss type of realationship yogi had with the players.

Im sure msot people understand that yogi was an ex hibs player an a hibs fan, but can anyone name an instance where he was seen to show passion?
    The times ive watched yogi and we have been 1 down has he been out on the touchline trying to encourage the players?drive the players on?
    Imo no, From alot of people on the board it seems he was given alot of players abuse,having arguments with them.

all mangers weather your top dogs or at a lower league team have to motorvate and i didn't see much from yogi to surggest it.

As for the O.P's question i think the new managers 1st task is to get every player working together,Just seems we are not working together just now it seems someplayers are going back, soem are going forward and we are not moving in the same way.
    I feel the team needs more fitness.QWe have had the training centre for x amount of time, Have the players look fitter than ladt year?do they look better players inproved?

Get Deeks signed on a new contract

Getting deek signed up.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee4life1983 View Post
    Getting deek signed up.
    did that almost at the same time lol

Kick the players ar5es and dont get pally with them, get them fit again and up for it.If they dont want to then ship the lazy ****ers out.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post

We're 3 points behind Hearts in 6th! With the right man in we can still finish in the top 6, we have enough good players to do that, as long as the manager gets them playing the way they should be. Drill in some concentration to the back line, Duffy comes into the team and will score goals.

We'll be fine...
    with the team we have 4th should not be out of reach.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    Ditch McBride & Miller as the central midfield pairing...

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Kick the players ar5es and dont get pally with them, get them fit again and up for it.If they dont want to then ship the lazy ****ers out.
    That rules Mowbray out then.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post

Need to get the players fitter, sharper and a yard quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by hibhib7 View Post
    Saving us from relegation would be my criteria for this season. Whoever comes in will have a hell of a job with the players we've got. Yogi wasn't to blame for Stokes going and Duffy being injured but, apart from that, he's left a legacy for the next manager that few would envy. Deeks aside, we have nothing up front, no pace, and our midfield are restricted to a tight passing game as there is absolutely no width in the side. The January window will have to be used wisely to get a couple of players who can keep us in the Premier League.

We do have width, Spoony and Galbraith, unfortunately Yogi didn't know how to use them properly. We have solid midfielders who weren't played in the proper position, Thicot(defensive mid) at rifgt back, Murray at LB when he's lost a bit of pace shoild be in midfield to strengthen and Bamba who was excellent in midfield a couple of seasons ago. Also allowing McCann to go on loan when he's the only real cover at RB if Hart gets injured or suspended, same goes for Byrne.

we have a decent squad, as good as any outside the OF, we just need a manager to play them properly and motivate them without bullying.

First Team Breakthrough HibeeDave's Avatar
    The first job he has to do is get the buy in from the supporters. What better motivation for the team is cheering rather then jeering from the stands.

First Team Regular

We'll be fine...
    NAME THEM

"keep the faith"

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1875 View Post
    Get Deeks signed on a new contract
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee4life1983 View Post
    Getting deek signed up.
    The new manager will need to decide if he wants to keep him past next summer first.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Love the Green View Post
    NAME THEM

"keep the faith"
    Mark Brown, Sol Bamba, Paul Hanlon, Michael Hart, Liam Miller, David Wotherspoon, Derek Riordan.

Good enough for most teams in the SPL in my opinion.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JC50 View Post
    We do have width, Spoony and Galbraith, unfortunately Yogi didn't know how to use them properly. We have solid midfielders who weren't played in the proper position, Thicot(defensive mid) at rifgt back, Murray at LB when he's lost a bit of pace shoild be in midfield to strengthen and Bamba who was excellent in midfield a couple of seasons ago. Also allowing McCann to go on loan when he's the only real cover at RB if Hart gets injured or suspended, same goes for Byrne.

we have a decent squad, as good as any outside the OF, we just need a manager to play them properly and motivate them without bullying.
    Sending Byrne out on loan was the right decision. He'll come back a better player for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Love the Green View Post
    NAME THEM

"keep the faith"

Bamba, Miller, Riordan, Murray, Hanlon, Hart, McBride, Galbraith, Spoony, Zouma.

As good a squad of players outside the OF in the SPL.

Sending Byrne out on loan was the right decision. He'll come back a better player for it.

Not when you're about to sell a 20 goal striker though.

Coaching Staff
    Tell the physio to get Zemmama and Duffy back pronto?

We'll be fine...
    That is the absolute minimum that we should be expecting from a Hibs side every single year.

There is no chance that we should even be in any danger of being in the bottom six and the fact that we are is absolutely ridiculous.

I believe we should be finishing 3rd or 4th every single season and anything less than that should not be viewed as being even remotely acceptable by anyone connected with the club.

First Team Regular
    Mark Brown, Sol Bamba, Paul Hanlon, Michael Hart, Liam Miller, David Wotherspoon, Derek Riordan.

Good enough for most teams in the SPL in my opinion.
    Agre with a few of these in particulare Brown,Bamba, Hart and Riordan.

Miller is a nightmare at the moment, Hanlon's only position is CH and we have enough of them and Spoony has been played in so many positions he is jaded and over played.

"keep the faith"