hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Manager

First of all all the best to YOGI. You tried your best John but sadly it was not to be. Notice a few on this forum who were giving him all sorts of abuse are now eating humble pie and thanking him for his efforts. Pity we have to abuse one of our own when things are not going so well. On the new manager front, I'm sure the board will do their usual and take their time. No magic wand but no doubt the next guys will tick all the hibs boxes. Onwards and upwards. God Bless the Hibs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Iv heard that micheal o'neil was being lined up as the next manager

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Csaba Lazlo (spelling?) Would be interesting.
    Did a great job in his first season before Romanovs ego got the better of him. He's tactically astute, media friendly/popular and comes across as a bubbly and positive guy.
    I believe he has stayed on in Edinburgh due to kids schooling but he also loves the city and lifestyle so logistically would be a very easy process for the board.
    Csaba always had good things to say about Hibs from what i can remember, whether it be about our youth structure, training ground or stadium. He said more than once that Hibs had to be respected for doing things the right way and that maybe Hearts should be more like us in respect to finances.
    Remember this is a guy who until he joined Hearts had only ever played for and managed clubs who wear green and white, HIS colours.
    He would relish managing Hibs and would bring far greater experience and a continental aproach to the job.
    I believe he would also like to ram it right up Romanov!
    I agree

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Darren Ferguson's coat is on a shoogly peg at PNE....Hart would be pleased.

Just a thought.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big-mo View Post
    The word is that it is between -
    Steve Clarke and Ian McParland
    Naw, Grease is the word.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Naw, Grease is the word.
    Naw...Bird is the word.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MussyHibby View Post
    Oh deary dear

Hibs are and always have been innovative, any of them would be a backward step!
    Maybe that's actually part of the problem. This will be what our fifth manager in about four years? Gambles can go either way. I think it's time for stability and a safer bet - so no objections to Calderwood or Brown although I think the former is the more likely. Calderwood spent 5 years at Dunfy and 5 at Pittodrie. No way would he have lasted that long if he was as bad as some Dons fans make out.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: RAFFERTY X
    Ian Murray

Pardew, Stark, Rioch, or Mowbray

Gareth Southgate?
    phil brown?
    glenn hoddle?
    joe kinnear?
    glenn roeder?
    paolo sousa?

what!?!?!?!?

Faxed Back to Kaunas Giant_Midget's Avatar
    Laszlo (sp) got a job with someone....plus wouldnt want him near us.

Someone at the noise up just text me.....Franck Sauzee,

There's one obvious candidate, FJK. Laugh all you like but imagine how delighted he'd be to get to pick his own team. He'd be over here like a shot!

Last edited by Keith_M; 04-10-2010 at 10:48 AM.

First Team Breakthrough persevere1875's Avatar
    What about Steve Cotterill, Did a job for Notts County last season, now at Portsmouth but less than happy with the constant finance problems, has premiership experiance at Sunderland amongst others ( coaching), held in high esteem in some parts

Luggy, Steve Clark, Rioch....all good candidates.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: to busy for that stuff Wii Code: still to busy

just some names that will come up

Joe Miller and Lubo Moravcik Derek McInnes
    Michael O’Neill :notworthy:
    Peter Houston
    John McGlynn
    Billy Reid
    Jim McInally
    George Burley
    Jim Magilton
    John Collins
    Maurice Malpas
    Jimmy Calderwood
    Colin Calderwood
    Richard Gough
    gannon
    paul simpson not bart
    Gordon Chisholm

Quote Originally Posted by goofter View Post
    Gareth Southgate?
    phil brown?
    glenn hoddle?
    joe kinnear?
    glenn roeder?
    paolo sousa?

what!?!?!?!?
    Good shout in my opinion

A real outsider though, not sure if he'd fancy the SPL or how or club handles finances, so I can't see it happening but I wouldn't complain if it did.

First Team Breakthrough s club 7-0's Avatar
    Derek Adams

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I'll chuck in a couple names..... Mark Venus? Derek Adams? Terry Butcher?

First Team Breakthrough
    maradona?

just gonna add, wot about thata lad dundee united tried to get - pat fenlon? thot he looked like a good appointment tho noticed that they got beat 4-0 off some welsh team in europe. makes our defeat to maribor look good!
    Last edited by libernian; 04-10-2010 at 11:15 AM.

We need a proven experienced guy. A guy who has been around the block. Has experience of dealing with inflated egos. A guy who has a name that will carry respect amongst the players and us the supporters. A MANAGER in every sense of the word who also too has the right coaching qualifications.

This is no time for a novice!

Results this calendar year are proof that we are a club that is on the field in crisis. To believe or suggest anything contrary to that is a dangerous road to go down.

Serious times calls for a serious experienced guy.

No gambles and no appointment on the cheap.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    We need a proven experienced guy. A guy who has been around the block. Has experience of dealing with inflated egos. A guy who has a name that will carry respect amongst the players and us the supporters. A MANAGER in every sense of the word who also too has the right coaching qualifications.

This is no time for a novice!

Results this calendar year are proof that we are a club that is on the field in crisis. To believe or suggest anything contrary to that is a dangerous road to go down.

Serious times calls for a serious experienced guy.

No gambles and no appointment on the cheap.
    .......Paul Hart.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee4life1983 View Post
    Iv heard that micheal o'neil was being lined up as the next manager
    I wouldnt understand that appointment. his only experience is with Brechin and Shamrock Rovers. Dont think folk would accept that if he hadnt played for Hibs. We tried the same with Mixu, Cowdenbeath and a team in Finland. Its a different story managing a club like Hibs

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Smurf, part of me agrees with you, if we go down that route then rioch ticks all those boxes! However, part of me says that any experienced manager will have failed somewhere so we're as well going for an inexperienced guy that could be the real deal, if we go for someone like that i'd like michael o'neil

Whoever it is I don't want them to have any connection with Scottish Football or Hibs.

Too many had preconceived ideas about JC, Mixu & Yogi and I include myself in that, we al wanted them to do well but not everyone was happy with the appointments which meant none of them really had the full backing of the fans. Some it seemed were simply waiting for a few poor results before they came out against them.

Mowbray arrived completely out of left field with no expectations and that is the kind of appointment I am looking for next. There are lots of unemployed managers out there and we are only 7 games into the season and at the beginning of an international break so no games for two weeks. There is no rush at all.

First Team Breakthrough
    colin montgomerie

Manager

Eddie Turnball !!!

Seriously, It's a difficult decision on who we get, i don't envy Petrie's decision here, even if he gets the best man on paper for the job, we've all got to like him aswell !!, Wouldn't mind seeing mowbray and venus back, but doubt that will happen. At least we have a nice stadium and a good training facility, that will go someway to attracting some attention form decent managers, just don't show them the list of players !!

Come on the Hibees a new day is dawning

Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    .......Paul Hart.
    That's the level we ought to be targetting.

Quote Originally Posted by Notting Hill Billy View Post
    Alan Pardew is out of work
    strachan soon will be

As always happens when a decent managerial post comes up a load of names are banded about 98% are pure fantasy.Im fairly sure mouser has had this in his mind for a while now and has been making moves to see what he can do.There arent many realistic candidates that either will take the job or that we can afford.I think it is no coincidence that mcinnes signed a new contract a few days ago as im sure geoff brown would have been aware that hughes could have gone anytime in the last two weeks.Hibs could still get him but it will require a wee bit more money than rod might pay so that could be the stumbling block there.
    Billy reid is another plausible candidate and wont take much persuasion i think.Calderwood is of course always on the horizon and it could be that he teams up with michael oneil and stays for a season and helps michael take over the reins next season.If it works they could be the permanent set up.Oneil has been sounded out as the papers have been mentionening it for ages but will he want to come.I think the pull of hibs would swing it and he seems to be doing well in ireland and did very well at brechin.I think their partnership is a very viable proposition
    There is of course the reasonably experienced guys in england like ian mcparland etc and maybe someone like bruce rioch but they were overlooked in the past so unlikely to get the job.Its a pity we couldnt have gone for warnock as ive always believed him a very good manager who plays the clown for the camera but will not now move while he is going so well at qpr.Finally there is a manager from europe with a knowledge of scottish football.As a complete outsider how about henrik larsson with say peter grant.Unlikely i know but just a thought.
    So to me it will be the likes or mcinnes or reid if they want the steady hand,calderwood and oneil with the hibby connection adn experienced guy.Or of course a mowbray type of appontment that nobody sees coming.Whoever takes over has a great opportunity as i think this is the weakest scottish league i have seen in 20 years and as paw broon has shown a manager with good tactical nous will prosper and we do have a better squad than well so no reason we cant be up there in the battle for 3rd and fourth with the right guy in charge.I hope you get this one right rod.let the fevered speculation begin with the new guy in for the killie game if not the one after if rod plays to type as he usually takes his time.Finally a big thank you to yogi for all his efforts.Ive always been behind but reality meant he had to go.Enjoyed some fine games in his early part but it was obvious that something wasnt right from the begining of this season although with a wee bit of luck we could have won both the caley and hamilton games and we wouldnt be having this debate.
    Btw not a lot of people mentioning butcher for the job.Would we go for him and would he come.We will find out soon enough.I will now enjoy watching the two scotland games and look forward to the white puff of smoke at er in 2 to 3 weeks.Long waffle over youll be glad to hear.Glory to the hibees and good luck to rod and the board as im sure they will get advice from every quarter whether they want it or not.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    As always happens when a decent managerial post comes up a load of names are banded about 98% are pure fantasy.Im fairly sure mouser has had this in his mind for a while now and has been making moves to see what he can do.