hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Is it time to protest (merged)

This is getting beyond a joke, Hughes should have been sacked weeks ago but lets wait even longer

The board have got a lot to answer for if they don't make changes soon

I think as fans its time to protest and force the change as no one wants 1st division football next year but how do we do that? protest outside the ground?

Thoughts please

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!

No Protests ??

Quote Originally Posted by KiddA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is getting beyond a joke, Hughes should have been sacked weeks ago but lets wait even longer

I think as fans its time to protest and force the change as no one wants 1st division football next year but how do we do that? protest outside the ground?

Thoughts please
    Protests - dont happen at easter rd = We Usually Just Vote With Our FEET ???

Hopefully we will miss relegation - due to some kind of league restructure

Protest?

Behave yourself.

Boycott the next home game if he is not sacked by then, no home crowd will get the message across

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    For protests and managerial downfalls see Aberdeen.

Be careful what you wish for bet they rue the day they chanted "Smithy must go!"

Lets not go down that road.

Quote Originally Posted by mcaitchi View Post
    Protests - dont happen at easter rd = We Usually Just Vote With Our FEET ???

Hopefully we will miss relegation - due to some kind of league restructure
    Yeah that is one way to vote with our feet.

Maybe we could do something like this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-11459666 I know we could get a couple of great actors like Duggary Scott and maybe the Proclaimers could do the soundtrack .

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs7 View Post
    Boycott the next home game if he is not sacked by then, no home crowd will get the message across
    Hibs fans have been doing that for years ..aye ..lets not turn up ..do the club out of vital income ..very clever ..

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar

Thoughts please
    How are you planning to protest, are you flying over from the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    Protest?

Behave yourself.
    Explain?

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Hibs fans have been doing that for years ..aye ..lets not turn up ..do the club out of vital income ..very clever ..
    So you advocate continuing to throw money at the club to be repaid with mediocrity, incompetence and poor performances? There's a line, it's been crossed.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    if he still there at the killie game i reckon there will be quite a vocal protest when they score the first.

Explain?
    It's a rubbish idea, that's why.

I'm sure protesting from Florida will make all the difference mind. Maybe you could send a strongly worded e-mail, or even better write an open letter?

This thread is OTT.

I dont think the fans need to protest as the board must know how we feel, either that or they are buttoned up the back.

Protests are usually the last resort to get rid of a clubs board/owner who dosn't have to answer to anyone. In a Manager's case such as this one a protest really will not be needed as Yogi will get his jotters soon enough.

No protest. Lower attendances and chants will do just the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by moff1875 View Post
    So you advocate continuing to throw money at the club to be repaid with mediocrity, incompetence and poor performances? There's a line, it's been crossed.
    I dont advocate boycotting games ..no true hibs fan should even consider that ..tell you what ..have a read at one or two of the hibs accounts threads then come back and tell me a boycott is a good idea ..

We are doing not too bad compared to other clubs financially but starving the club of much needed income in this current climate is a no no ..

Think about it ..

It's a rubbish idea, that's why.

I'm sure protesting from Florida will make all the difference mind. Maybe you could send a strongly worded e-mail, or even better write an open letter?
    Im not in Florida right now but good response a rubbish idea

Good job explaining why not

I also sense a little sarcasm in your post not too sure why
    Last edited by KiddA; 02-10-2010 at 06:16 PM.

So when we do boycott and crowds are low..next season when there is nowt in the tin for wages or contract extentions gie yersel a round o applause ...

It's quite simple - it may be that the results turn around, Yogi proves us wrong and we start climbing the table with no need to remove him. Highly unlikely yes, but possible all the same. Alternatively, either the board decide enough's enough already or results don't improve and he gets emptied. Both ways benefit the club without the need of any kind of yammish organised protest.

Anyone who was at the game will be able to confirm that the mood of the support was very apparent after the first goal went in, and the board will be more than aware of that already.

So when we do boycott and crowds are low..next season when there is nowt in the tin for wages or contract extentions gie yersel a round o applause ...
    Who said anything about boycotting?

Please do keep up

It also amazes me with the amount of sarcasm on this thread. A bit out of order to be honest gie myself a round of applause. WTF
    Last edited by KiddA; 02-10-2010 at 06:25 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    cant expect people to turn up and spend a small fortune watching dross !!!

be told by over zealous steward they cant stand, sing or even smoke and drink !!!

and then paying a quid 50p more for a pie than you would buy from the best butchers you know !!!!

The club has already lost me and my family = 4 season tickets from next season and thats due mainly to the no standing rules and smoking rules !!

If and When !! we can watch the game on the telly - we can all go to the pub, and have a pint or 2 and still nip outside at half time for a smoke !!!!!

can only get a pint if i go to Cinema, basket ball, ice hockey and rugby - oh and ten pin bowling and boxing !!

us football fans are still treated like the hooligans

I dont advocate boycotting games ..no true hibs fan should even consider that ..tell you what ..have a read at one or two of the hibs accounts threads then come back and tell me a boycott is a good idea ..

We are doing not too bad compared to other clubs financially but starving the club of much needed income in this current climate is a no no ..

Think about it ..
    I disagree. Without supporter representation on the board or in the club, how else are they to be made accountable for what have been appalling footballing decisions over the last fifteen years? Only McLeish and Mowbray have worked out, the others have been nothing less than shocking.

I disagree. Without supporter representation on the board or in the club, how else are they to be made accountable for what have been appalling footballing decisions over the last fifteen years? Only McLeish and Mowbray have worked out, the others have been nothing less than shocking.
    Have worked out what exactly ..?...please explain ..

To be fair, when Sauzee, Williamson and Collins were appointed they were undoubtedly the fans choice at the time too. It was only afterwards Franck and Fat Boab turned out to be disasterous, and Collins was the one who bailed on us and only after he'd won us our first trophy for sixteen years.

Only Mixu and Yogi could really be questioned as bad appointments IMO, and even then both were backed by a sizeable percentage of the support at the time.

It is however important that they act now with Yogi and more important than ever that they make the right choice of replacement.

It's quite simple - it may be that the results turn around, Yogi proves us wrong and we start climbing the table with no need to remove him. Highly unlikely yes, but possible all the same. Alternatively, either the board decide enough's enough already or results don't improve and he gets emptied. Both ways benefit the club without the need of any kind of yammish organised protest.

Anyone who was at the game will be able to confirm that the mood of the support was very apparent after the first goal went in, and the board will be more than aware of that already.
    Time will tell but I think the board are already dragging there heels a little.

Quote Originally Posted by mcaitchi View Post
    cant expect people to turn up and spend a small fortune watching dross !!!

be told by over zealous steward they cant stand, sing or even smoke and drink !!!

and then paying a quid 50p more for a pie than you would buy from the best butchers you know !!!!

The club has already lost me and my family = 4 season tickets from next season and thats due mainly to the no standing rules and smoking rules !!

If and When !! we can watch the game on the telly - we can all go to the pub, and have a pint or 2 and still nip outside at half time for a smoke !!!!!

can only get a pint if i go to Cinema, basket ball, ice hockey and rugby - oh and ten pin bowling and boxing !!

us football fans are still treated like the hooligans
    What planet are you on ..?

The the thread is about or has degenerated into a discussion about a boycott to remove Hughes ..wtf do you want ..donkey rides & candy floss ..

Get real ..

Have worked out what exactly ..?...please explain ..
    McLeish reversed our fortunes after the Duffy debacle, qualified for Europe, reached a Scottish Cup final. Mowbray, again reversed the decline under Williamson, qualified for Europe, the football was good to watch at least. Collins may have won the CIS, but I give just as much credit to Mowbray. That do for you?

Left by mutual consent!
    What planet are you on ..?

The the thread is about or has degenerated into a discussion about a boycott to remove Hughes ..wtf do you want ..donkey rides & candy floss ..

Get real ..
    How long before the board actually do sell CANDY FLOSS

we already got the hot dogs ffs

football - was a Working Class Game ...

Thats the only point i was trying to make ..

Now every punter is treated like CATTLE

To be fair, when Sauzee, Williamson and Collins were appointed they were undoubtedly the fans choice at the time too. It was only afterwards Franck and Fat Boab turned out to be disasterous, and Collins was the one who bailed on us and only after he'd won us our first trophy for sixteen years.

Only Mixu and Yogi could really be questioned as bad appointments IMO, and even then both were backed by a sizeable percentage of the support at the time.

It is however important that they act now with Yogi and more important than ever that they make the right choice of replacement.
    Collins I'll grant you, but I felt that Sauzee was never ready and Williamson was someone who the fans wouldn't take to, even after having some success with Killie. Easy to say now, granted.