hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

St Johnstone on Saturday

This game will decide a great deal of what happens in the next few months at our club.

We got gubbed in this fixture last season can we turn it around?

Can Yogi get tactics right?

Will the players be up for the fight, before St Johnstone lets us play?

Do the Players want to play for Yogi?

Will Hibs fans turn out in numbers?

Lots of questions do Hibs have the answers?

I am gonig for a 3 - 1 defeat hope am wrong but I see big changes at ER Soon.

2. Log in to remove the advert

1-1 I think or Hibs to sneak it. I hate to think we will lose another game and I know that could force Yogi out but i'd much rather Hibs picked up 3 points then kick off from there. If not though i do think Yogi will be sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1-1 I think or Hibs to sneak it. I hate to think we will lose another game and I know that could force Yogi out but i'd much rather Hibs picked up 3 points then kick off from there. If not though i do think Yogi will be sacked.

I want Hibs to win, I want Yogi to be a success.

I just cant see Hibs turning it around here, when we had a good team we would struggle at Perth

@hibs.net private member
    Yogi will not be sacked, no matter what happens in Perth on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by simply the best View Post

I just cant see Hibs turning it around here, when we had a good team we would struggle at Perth
    Sorry i wasn't meaning you wanted Hibs to lose, was just saying myself i hoped we'd win as i know a couple of hibs fans that want Yogi out soon as. But i agree with you bud, even good Hibs teams have struggled up there, so be a very tough game to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Really? do you have inside info? Not saying your lying just wondering how you know as i would have thought the pressure on the board would just be to much and its a results business.

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Hibs have no right to beat St Johnstone and its wrong to expect it.

Plus luck will be totally against us.

A damn good go is what we can expect. Those that understand footie will see the plus side.

I live for the post match interview. Fair picks me up.

Beating the Saints - the zenith of football achievements. All will then be well and we can all wake up from this nightmare? It was the St Johnstone games which first gave me serious doubts about Yogi.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post

If Yogi keeps referring to -

Hibs - Man utd (Evening News today)
    Hibs - Dutch football
    Hibs - Not on a poor run just played top teams
    Hibs - Total football
    Hibs - Ma Boys could no gie me any mair
    Hibs - Effort, committment and drive there for all to see
    Hibs - Fitba guys kem whits guan on here

He may not be scacked he may be locked up

Good luck Yogi you are "guan tae need it"

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Am worried that if we can't match their agression in the middle they will boss it and we might be heading for 4 or 5 - 1 defeat...................

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    This game will decide a great deal of what happens in the next few months at our club.

We got gubbed in this fixture last season can we turn it around? Possibly.

Can Yogi get tactics right? Erm, NO.

Will the players be up for the fight, before St Johnstone lets us play? Maybes AYE, likelies NAW.

Do the Players want to play for Yogi? Does it look like it?

Will Hibs fans turn out in numbers? "Numbers" means "more than one", so I guess the answer's YES.

Lots of questions do Hibs have the answers? YES. Depends if they want to put the answer to the BIG question into action.

I REALLY hope your last sentence comes true - the second bit, anyway.

But I'm afraid we'll have to lose a few more games before we see action from those in charge.

It's fairly obvious that Hibs are going to turn in a convincing performance and win comfortably. Then the support are going to polarise between 'kickstarts the season' and '5 wins out of 29 games- big deal' camps.

2-0 Greens.

Sorry folks.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    We'll go one up and St Johnstone will start to get control in Midfield and it will end 1-1

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar

We got gubbed in this fixture last season can we turn it around? We have the personell to turn it round, it's the application that seems to be the problem.

Can Yogi get tactics right? Yes and no. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's outfoxed again by McInnes though.

Will the players be up for the fight, before St Johnstone lets us play? Don't bet on it.

Do the Players want to play for Yogi? Some do.

Will Hibs fans turn out in numbers? Around 1000 i'd think.

Lots of questions do Hibs have the answers?

I'll predict a 2-2 draw. We'll go ahead in the first half and chuck it away. If we go a goal behind I don't think we'll have it in us to come back.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Coaching Staff
    Really? do you have inside info? Not saying your lying just wondering how you know as i would have thought the pressure on the board would just be to much and its a results business.
    I don't believe there is any pressure on the board just now, despite how it may seem on here most days.

It's simply not at the level of concern that many seem to believe it is.

There is no danger Hughes will be sacked any time soon even if we lose so the focus should be on supporting Hibs to a win not on hoping we lose to force a change. It's not going to happen.

Also, where are people getting this notion of the players not playing for hughes?

I've seen a few things wrong recently but effort and commitment haven't been part of it.

Seems just a pretty easy line to come out with.
    Last edited by Andy74; 29-09-2010 at 04:25 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bookkeeper's Avatar
    As they say.. we'll have to battle hard to win the right to play the fitba'. Some more fire in the belly required this time. Not sure Ian Murrays fitness/availability for this one, but would like to see him feature (in the midfield).

Saying that, if we score in the 8th minute - ah'm gonny be worried.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookkeeper View Post
    As they say.. we'll have to battle hard to win the right to play the fitba'. Some more fire in the belly required this time. Not sure Ian Murrays fitness/availability for this one, but would like to see him feature (in the midfield).

Saying that, if we score in the 8th minute - ah'm gonny be worried.
    I'm hoping they are under orders not to score around that time. Just make sure the early chances fall to De Graaf!

I've read and indeed posted many more silly things in my time but the opinion that Hughes is under no threat is ridiculous.

The board would HAVE to act if we were in a RELEGATION position in October.

3-1 for Hibs we will win this at a canter and this will be the start of a great season.
    Last edited by Phil MaGlass; 30-09-2010 at 09:43 AM.

2:0 for Hibs. No question.

This will be the first game i have decided not to go to in about 10 years.

I honestly couldn't care one bit about it. If we get beat, we could be bottom/2nd bottom, going into the AGM, he should get punted. Its an international break so gives a board a wee bit less time to appoint a new manager.

@hibs.net private member

No inside info. I just don't tink our board would act until attendances really start to go down, or if we were bottom at Christmas.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post

I honestly couldn't care one bit about it. If we get beat, we could be bottom/2nd bottom, going into the AGM, he should get punted. Its an international break so gives a board a wee bit less time to appoint a new manager.
    Funny that, it will be my first game of the season.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Coaching Staff

It becomes a bit of a self fullfilling thing, you withdraw the support, things get worse, job done.

And we wonder why we never achieve anyhting?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    It becomes a bit of a self fullfilling thing, you withdraw the support, things get worse, job done.

Can you give it a rest with trying to pin our last 30 games on the fans? You blaming folk who pay out thousands every year to follow the team rather than those in charge who earn hundreds of thousands is becoming tiresome.

On topic, we'll lose 2-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

Thank you Mrs Hughes !, i admire your support for our manager but to turn your answer round, the team start winning, support grows and things get better, none of the latter has he achieved since March.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Can you give it a rest with trying to pin our last 30 games on the fans? You blaming folk who pay out thousands every year to follow the team rather than those in charge who earn hundreds of thousands is becoming tiresome.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

I did the exact same thing when Mixu was in charge. You will go back, we all do. I lasted about 5 games before i slinked back in.

Brilliant post!

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    2-0 Hibs..............
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Coaching Staff

Away you go, there's hundreds of posts criticising the same things day in and day out, anyone disagreeing is entitled to carry on disagreeing.

I'm not saying fans are to blame for form but they certainly, if they walk away instead of try and support, have a huge part to play in ensuring that the form is more difficult to turn round.