hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

Hughes has lost it

Yesterday was the final straw for me. Time up Yogi, you clearly have no idea what you are doing tactically, and the players have no respect or desire to play for you.

It is now only a matter of time before you are booted. The sooner the better, and Hibs should look to bring someone with some intelligence and experience, who is going to nurture young players (and play them in right position) and be held in high regard by senior players.

My sentiment is not only formed by observing all home and some away games over the last 9 months but from hearing stories from club insiders that there has been bust ups with players (Ian Murray anyone?), moronic and unintelligent behaviour behind the scenes and a chronic lack of respect gained from those wearing the shirt on a Saturday.

Ridiculous, desperate and deluded post match comments have sealed the deal - be on your way and make it quick.

J

2. Log in to remove the advert

What's the supposed behaviour behind the scenes? Nothing would surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by jiggerman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yesterday was the final straw for me. Time up Yogi, you clearly have no idea what you are doing tactically, and the players have no respect or desire to play for you.

It is now only a matter of time before you are booted. The sooner the better, and Hibs should look to bring someone with some intelligence and experience, who is going to nurture young players (and play them in right position) and be held in high regard by senior players.

My sentiment is not only formed by observing all home and some away games over the last 9 months but from hearing stories from club insiders that there has been bust ups with players (Ian Murray anyone?), moronic and unintelligent behaviour behind the scenes and a chronic lack of respect gained from those wearing the shirt on a Saturday.

Ridiculous, desperate and deluded post match comments have sealed the deal - be on your way and make it quick.

J
    Couldn't agree more.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper

J

The only thing I disagree with is the title. He never did have a clue.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glow1875 View Post
    What's the supposed behaviour behind the scenes? Nothing would surprise me.
    I don't know but I heard that Yogi had become confused when told that Muffin the Mule is no longer an offence.

First Team Breakthrough
    I have heard various things from credible sources (who I am not revealing before anyone asks).

Hughes has favourites and those who he singles out for abuse - see the 'Bully boy Hughes' post. I did not see the incident, but such events mirror what I have been told. Allegedly Hughes is disliked by most of the players and even his assistant is growing apart from him......

I have been told he lacks intelligence and spends alot of time pulling the wool over the fans and the media's eyeswith his pre and post match nonsense.

Trust me guys, Hughes doesnt have a 'grand plan', or at least if he does he is incapable of clearly conveying it to his team, who have grown to dislike him and his bizarre tactics. I dread to think what will happen to Spoony and Danny (and other young players) should Hughes stick around.....

I post this because I believe we all have a right to know who is managing our club and the potential damage he is doing. I will not reveal sources. It is whoever reads this posts prerogative to believe what is contained or not.

I am genuinely in limbo as to whether I want us to pick up points/wins over the coming weeks as this may lengthen the Hughes' time in charge which is just not a good thing for us, our young players, and retaining the likes of Riordan.

Rant over!

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar

J
    Isn't every club in the world looking for one of these. What makes you think such an individual would want to manage Hibs?

I have heard various things from credible sources (who I am not revealing before anyone asks).

Hughes has favourites and those who he singles out for abuse - see the 'Bully boy Hughes' post. I did not see the incident, but such events mirror what I have been told. Allegedly Hughes is disliked by most of the players and even his assistant is growing apart from him......
    I have been told he lacks intelligence and spends alot of time pulling the wool over the fans and the media's eyeswith his pre and post match nonsense.

Trust me guys, Hughes doesnt have a 'grand plan', or at least if he does he is incapable of clearly conveying it to his team, who have grown to dislike him and his bizarre tactics. I dread to think what will happen to Spoony and Danny (and other young players) should Hughes stick around.....

I post this because I believe we all have a right to know who is managing our club and the potential damage he is doing. I will not reveal sources. It is whoever reads this posts prerogative to believe what is contained or not.

I am genuinely in limbo as to whether I want us to pick up points/wins over the coming weeks as this may lengthen the Hughes' time in charge which is just not a good thing for us, our young players, and retaining the likes of Riordan.

Rant over!
    Just like how Mixu and DP wouldn't talk to each other, right?

Coaching Staff
    Is it just me or are some Hibs fans bever happier than when they have something like this to get their teeth into?

The creativity inthe stories that come out never ceases to amaze. It's a pity some of that passion and ingenuity couldn't be put into more positive use.

Quite aside from the basesles stories I'm still hearing the old tactically clueless line, yet I've rarely seen a post on here with much alternative. You get the team for Saturday threads that make me very releived we have the tactically inept guy we currently have as opposed to the hundreds of even more tactically inept on here.

Funny too that we've had the likes of Riordan up front and Galbraith getting plenty game time recenty. We've also had Hogg dropped and yet somewhow, all those things that were magically going to fix us haven't.

I really hope this groundswell doesn't amount to much. If we were to go through yet another manager and yet another period of chopping and changing a squad I'm not sure I could be bothered with it and we'd have alost a rare chance to actually let someone carry through a plan to really change the club over a 4 to 5 year period. That's what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

I really hope this groundswell doesn't amount to much. If we were to go through yet another manager and yet another period of chopping and changing a squad I'm not sure I could be bothered with it and we'd have alost a rare chance to actually let someone carry through a plan to really change the club over a 4 to 5 year period. That's what we need.
    So what do you suggest then? Do you really see signs of this plan bearing any fruit - or do you know there is a robust plan in place at all? How long does it have to go on before we reach the tipping point? Are you really happy to roll on for another few years to get your continuity with the same rubbish being served up and possibly another trip to the First Division in there as well?

First Team Breakthrough
    As I said guys, feel free to think what your like, believe or disbelieve what I have posted.

I would love to say my stories are baseless and full of creativity and in actual fact everything is in ship shape!

Andy74 - your solution of a steady manager for 4-5 years is spot on, but Yogi is not the right man IMO.

In my opinion, anyone who remains in support of Hughes must be seeing something I am not.

J

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Is it just me or are some Hibs fans bever happier than when they have something like this to get their teeth into?

The creativity inthe stories that come out never ceases to amaze. It's a pity some of that passion and ingenuity couldn't be put into more positive use.

Quite aside from the basesles stories I'm still hearing the old tactically clueless line, yet I've rarely seen a post on here with much alternative. You get the team for Saturday threads that make me very releived we have the tactically inept guy we currently have as opposed to the hundreds of even more tactically inept on here.

Funny too that we've had the likes of Riordan up front and Galbraith getting plenty game time recenty. We've also had Hogg dropped and yet somewhow, all those things that were magically going to fix us haven't.

Are you the only happy clapper left on here? Unfortunately Hibs cant afford a 4 - 5 year plan, they need relative success each season. The plan would need to change next season if Yogi is in charge as we will need to change the plan to suit the first division.

Left by mutual consent!

J
    Hughes lost the plot in his very first game against St Mirren at the start of last season by taking off both full backs and replacing them with wingers.. The warning signs were there for me after that....

Up until Xmas results and the breaks were going our way so he was getting out of jail and the cracks were papered over.. After Xmas , well , we all know our form since then.. In the period of time after Xmas and up until the end of the season, we all were to about find how good a manager we had.. Managers are judged on what they do when things are going bad.. How they change things to stop teams beating us but nothing changed and we limped from defeat to defeat.. We became predictable and teams found it easy to play against us and subsequently beat us..
    Last edited by PISTOL1875; 20-09-2010 at 11:21 AM.

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    Hughes lost the plot in his very first game against St Mirren at the start of last season by taking off both full backs and replacing them with wingers.. The warning signs were there for me after that....

Up until Xmas results and the breaks were going our way so he was getting out of jail and the cracks were papered over.. After Xmas , well , we all know our form since then.. In the period of time after Xmas and up until the end of the season, we all were to about find how good a manager we had.. Managers are judged on what they do when things are going bad.. How they change things to stop teams beating us but nothing changed and we limped from defeat to defeat.. We became predictable and teams found it easy to play against us and subsequently beat us..
    But with him doing that, it allowed us to attack St Mirren more and Benji eventually scored the winner....if anything, it was a brilliant move by Yogi

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramo View Post
    But with him doing that, it allowed us to attack St Mirren more and Benji eventually scored the winner....if anything, it was a brilliant move by Yogi
    He got away with it but moves like that are complete suicide.. The same was done against Aberdeen and again we won the game but they had chances themselves when we threw 5 up.. We got out of jail that day as well...

Quote Originally Posted by hibs13681 View Post
    Are you the only happy clapper left on here? Unfortunately Hibs cant afford a 4 - 5 year plan, they need relative success each season. The plan would need to change next season if Yogi is in charge as we will need to change the plan to suit the first division.

He needs launched and ASAP. I could and would swallow this line of "but we need some consistancy so changing the manager every year is not the option" if we had a manager showing us some level of improvement, but we're not, and if anything, freefalling to the 1st division with a local derby next year against Livi

After meeting Yogi last year, as a person, I think he's a lovely guy but a football manager he definately aint.

Who we could get in? I don't know but just please Yogi, take a leaf out of Mixu's book and leave with some dignity before we really start to hate you. That would be a sad sad day.

Gamer IDs

He got away with it but moves like that are complete suicide.. The same was done against Aberdeen and again we won the game but they had chances themselves when we threw 5 up.. We got out of jail that day as well...
    Disagree....Yogi can't win....

He makes a good decision = he get away with it
    Yogi makes a bad decision = hounded like hell....

Not saying Yogi's the greatest but I think its harsh to say he got lucky with that sub

Left by mutual consent!
    Disagree....Yogi can't win....

He makes a good decision = he get away with it
    Yogi makes a bad decision = hounded like hell....

Not saying Yogi's the greatest but I think its harsh to say he got lucky with that sub
    He did get lucky !!!!!!!!! Aberdeen were down to 9 men and hit us on the break twice and nearly scored both times..

We only scored the 1st goal in the last few minutes. Previous to that Stack made a brilliant save from a shot that was net-bound and Aberdeen had a shot cleared off the line IIRC when the score was 0-0.....

Gamer IDs

He did get lucky !!!!!!!!! Aberdeen were down to 9 men and hit us on the break twice and nearly scored both times..

We only scored the 1st goal in the last few minutes. Previous to that Stack made a brilliant save from a shot that was net-bound and Aberdeen had a shot cleared off the line IIRC when the score was 0-0.....
    Eh? Thought we were talking about St Mirren

So a shot cleared off the line? These things happen in football, if anything blame the defence....its not always the managers fault for a team almost scoring...

Jesus Christ, here we go again.................

How many for a mass suicide if we lose on wednesday then?

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    Games Managed By Sauzee, Franck in season 2001/2002
    DateVenueCompetition (Round)OpponentResultScore16/02/2002
    HomeScottish League (29)Dunfermline AthleticD1-1
    09/02/2002AwayScottish League (28)MotherwellL0-4
    06/02/2002NeutralLeague Cup (SF)Ayr UnitedL0-1
    02/02/2002HomeScottish League (27)CelticD1-1
    26/01/2002AwayScottish Cup (4)RangersL1-4
    23/01/2002HomeScottish League (26)AberdeenL3-4
    19/01/2002HomeScottish League (25)KilmarnockD2-2
    15/01/2002HomeScottish Cup (3)StranraerW4-0
    12/01/2002AwayScottish League (24)DundeeL0-1
    05/01/2002AwayScottish Cup (3)StranraerD0-0
    02/01/2002HomeScottish League (23)Dundee UnitedL0-1
    29/12/2001AwayScottish League (22)Heart of MidlothianD1-1
    26/12/2001HomeScottish League (21)RangersL0-3
    22/12/2001AwayScottish League (20)St JohnstoneD0-0
    15/12/2001AwayScottish League (19)Dunfermline AthleticL0-1

Games Managed By Hughes, John
    DateVenueCompetition (Round)OpponentResultScore
    18/09/2010HomeScottish League (5)Hamilton AcademicalD1-1
    11/09/2010HomeScottish League (4)Inverness Caledonian ThistleD1-1
    29/08/2010AwayScottish League (3)St MirrenL0-1
    22/08/2010HomeScottish League (2)RangersL0-3
    15/08/2010AwayScottish League (1)MotherwellW3-2
    05/08/2010HomeEurope - Europa League (3)NK MariborL2-3
    29/07/2010AwayEurope - Europa League (3)NK MariborL0-3

09/05/2010AwayScottish League (38)Dundee UnitedW2-0
    05/05/2010AwayScottish League (37)MotherwellD6-6
    01/05/2010HomeScottish League (36)Heart of MidlothianL1-2
    25/04/2010HomeScottish League (35)RangersL0-1
    17/04/2010AwayScottish League (34)CelticL2-3
    10/04/2010AwayScottish League (33)Hamilton Acad.L1-4
    04/04/2010HomeScottish League (32)CelticL0-1
    31/03/2010HomeScottish League (31)Dundee UnitedL2-4
    27/03/2010AwayScottish League (30)FalkirkW3-1
    23/03/2010AwayScottish Cup (QF)Ross CountyL1-2
    20/03/2010AwayScottish League (29)Heart of MidlothianL1-2

Yogi has lost 12 games in 18 games, whereas Sauzee lost 8 games in 15...
    Awful
    Last edited by MacBean; 20-09-2010 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Layout
    Hibernian Football Club

So a shot cleared off the line? These things happen in football, if anything blame the defence....its not always the managers fault for a team almost scoring...

Your fighting a losing battle here mate; apparently it's Yogi's fault that we've missed an open goal, a penalty and had an onside goal chalked off within the last two games - which I bet would have oprevented most on here from having the heebie jeebies had we won.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    Your fighting a losing battle here mate; apparently it's Yogi's fault that we've missed an open goal, a penalty and had an onside goal chalked off within the last two games - which I bet would have oprevented most on here from having the heebie jeebies had we won.
    Whilst I don't think he's the man to take us forward, I don't agree with some of the p!sh that gets spouted on here about him...

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar

J
    Great, an open letter.

How are you going to make sure Hughes reads it though?

Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    Agree with everything in your post, its amazing to me that so many Hibs 'fans' want us to fail just so they can say they were right about Yogi.

Left by mutual consent!

We were playing 9 men!!!!.. How did a thing like that happen when you have a superior numerical advantage ??

OK.. Lets talk about St Mirren then.. First game of the season. McCann and Hanlon off , Benji and Galbraith.. Effectively 2 at the back against 10 men.. Completely bonkers..

However, Benji scores to win the game and Yogi's a hero.. Getting out of jail in the very first game.. The trend hat trend continued up until Xmas until the luck ran out and results started going against us..

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    Great, an open letter.

How are you going to make sure Hughes reads it though?
    post it to him.........C/o the big posh hoose at the back o Port Seton
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Whilst I don't think he's the man to take us forward, I don't agree with some of the p!sh that gets spouted on here about him...

Me too.

He's not the best manager tactically and our form of late has been pretty crap but the reaction on here is so OTT that I've physically laughed out loud a few times.

Who would be in charge of Hibs for 4-5 yrs these days?

If they are a success they get headhunted.

If they are poor they get hounded out by the support or in Sauzee's case the board panicked.

We get a manager for 4-5 years we are back into the days of Lexo and nothing happening just plodding along.

We need the board to get its act together appoint a manager who can take us to the next level for 2-3 years, as the particular individual develops and moves on, we get another candidate who can help us raise the bar again.

Once we have distanced ourselves from the Hearts DU Aberdeen and others, the Hibs job, might become an attractive propositon again as opposed to the poison chalice it is at the moment.

Is there any real outstanding candidate at the moment?
    I have mentioned Billy Brown, others have mentioned Paw Broon, still don't think McInnes is the answer.

This might be what is keeping Yogi in a job, there is nobody out there to replace him who would want to come to Hibs.

Gamer IDs

We were playing 9 men!!!!.. How did a thing like that happen when you have a superior numerical advantage ??

OK.. Lets talk about St Mirren then.. First game of the season. McCann and Hanlon off , Benji and Galbraith.. Effectively 2 at the back against 10 men.. Completely bonkers..

However, Benji scores to win the game and Yogi's a hero.. Getting out of jail in the very first game.. The trend hat trend continued up until Xmas until the luck ran out and results started going against us..
    Your doing it again...ripping into Yogi for making subs that changed the game...

When was the last time we actually had a decent post xmas run in the league? Its the Hibs way, good run up until xmas....then collapse....happened with Mowbray, Collins and Mixu.....

Left by mutual consent!
    Your doing it again...ripping into Yogi for making subs that changed the game...

When was the last time we actually had a decent post xmas run in the league? Its the Hibs way, good run up until xmas....then collapse....happened with Mowbray, Collins and Mixu.....
    What do you expect ?? The changes were mental.. We got out of jail .. What happens next time when we DON'T win and we get beat because of them ?? IT's not just about the winning you know... Sometimes you have to take a step back and look at the other side of the coin...