hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Overreact.net

Quote Originally Posted by scott_hfc1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    fair enough a bad performance today and a bad result last week though we should have put the game to bed but some of the comments on this board are ridiculous and some people need to get a grip. we're never going to win every week nor are we going to perform every week and reading some of the stuff on here is fast becoming boring

Its very boring because in the main its often bang on.

When the team is doing well the threads are positive and when doing badly then negative.

Natural human instincts.

Unless you are super positive and see the good in everyone all of the time....even Jimmy Boco

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member scott_hfc1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Where to begin.

1) Even if we were solely looking at the last two results, these have been two home games against decidedly bottom 6 teams, in which we have taken an early lead then wholly failed to build on it. That is unacceptable. In the squad we have players with Premiership experience, Miller has played in the Champions league, a couple have player regularly in the Eredivisie, christ even Nish is in the SPL top 10 all-time scorers. That squad should have MORE than enough quality to beat ICT and Hamilton, especially at home.

2) But we're not just looking at the past 2 results (grim as they are) are we?? We're talking about at least 7-8 months, probably more, of mediocre performances matched with mainly mediocre results (mediocre being kind for the Fir Park, McDiarmid Park and New Douglas Park fiascos of last season). The same tactical mistakes, the same bewildering substitutions, the same players seemingly above reproach (tho this seems to be - sort of - being addressed). The same dismissive/patronising post-match interviews from Yogi, the same almost impressive stubborn unwillingness to see the fundamental flaws in his "Dutch style" philosophy pish, the same blinkered refusal to play - from the start - a Hibs team with a) any real width pace, despite us having the players to offer that or b) with players playing in their preferred position.

If you can't see that the above is true, then it's not me, or any of the other hundreds (and in the non-online world, probably thousands) of Hibs fans that need to get a grip.

And what do you mean "we won't win every week" as if that's some sort of killer argument. I know we won't win every week, such an expectation would be daft, but we've not won at home for pushing on EIGHT months.

Let's start with baby steps - let's trying winning "some weeks" eh????

Or does having that wish make me "boring" and mean I need to "get a grip"???
    did similar runs not happen under collins and before that towards the end mowbray , not winning at home in 8 months is a stupid stat considering the season was finished inbetween

did similar thing not happen under collins and before that towards the end mowbray , not winning at home in 8 months is a stupid stat considering the season was finished inbetween
    Errr no, because whatever way you spin it, this is our longest winless streak at Easter Road.

EVER.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    did similar runs not happen under collins and before that towards the end mowbray , not winning at home in 8 months is a stupid stat considering the season was finished inbetween
    i agree that using dates is daft, we've even had a world cup in the meantime !!
    but just counting games we have almost played a whole round of fixtures at home without winning.not only not good enough but relegation material

You are either:

a) a relative of Yogi's
    b) someone who wasn't at the game today;
    c) someone who was at the game today but was too pished / distracted to observe what was actually happening on the field of play;
    d) a first-class wind-up merchant;
    e) a Yam.

And I can't yet work out which.

Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    You are either:

a) a relative of Yogi's
    c) someone who was at the game today but was too pished / distracted to observe what was actually happening on the field of play;
    e) a Yam.

I'm going for a,b,d and quite possibly e.

Quote Originally Posted by skipster7 View Post
    i agree that using dates is daft, we've even had a world cup in the meantime !!
    but just counting games we have almost played a whole round of fixtures at home without winning.not only not good enough but relegation material
    dont get me wrong i know were far from brilliant at the minute but this season we no worse off than utd and the majority of the spl for that matter had we been 3 points better off we'd be behind 3rd on goal diffrence and almost all the criticism on here would be much more positive

Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    You are either:

a) a relative of Yogi's
    e) a Yam.

Aye to all of these, is was Preston !.

fair enough a bad performance today and a bad result last week though we should have put the game to bed but some of the comments on this board are ridiculous and some people need to get a grip. we're never going to win every week nor are we going to perform every week and reading some of the stuff on here is fast becoming boring
    If you're happy with 2 points from 3 games against St Mirren. ICT and Hamilton then you're kidding yourself on. We are poor. You need to get a grip. Much more of this and we are in the ****. I can't believe you're serious. If you are you're a joke.

I think "Worst run of results in the clubs history" sums it up nicely.

Even after the game Yogi was still digging himself a whole with his silly comments. Thats twice in just over a week he's made himself sound a tit on the BBC.

dont get me wrong i know were far from brilliant at the minute but this season we no worse off than utd and the majority of the spl for that matter had we been 3 points better off we'd be behind 3rd on goal diffrence and almost all the criticism on here would be much more positive
    Who have played St Mirren away (we lost, they drew) Hearts away (they drew, and god knows right now I'd be happy with that) and Rangers away. The only truly rubbish result they've had is a 4-0 horsing by ICT at home.

Their opening 5 fixtures haven't involved 2 bottom 6 teams at home, and anyway, I doubt their problems run as fundamentally deep with the management team as ours do.

I admire your defence of Yogi, but in the face of the hard, cold facts, your pissing in the wind.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    The OP is laughable.

As is yogi, the team, it all.

Too draw at home to ict then hamilton after TWICE taking the lead in both matches is a disgrace.

Yogi has lost it. farcical.

'S' Form
    Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    The OP is laughable.

As is yogi, the team, it all.

Too draw at home to ict then hamilton after TWICE taking the lead in both matches is a disgrace.

Yogi has lost it. farcical.
    Yup not being able to defend a lead is poor, what seems to happen on the pitch is when the going is good the team looks ok/good but as soon as we are pegged back or down in a game it seem we are cluless as to what to do. Could be confidence is rock bottom, or more worryingly the coaching is simply not up to scratch

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    It`s time for Hughes to admit he`s not up to the job, stop wasting everyone`s time and do the decent thing and move on.

As for who might replace him, I have no idea. Will it make thing better? Again, no idea, but I think that standing by and watching Hibs slip closer and closer to another relegation fight is the worse of two evils here.

Taking a chance with someone else would at least give us a chance of improving. That`s not going to happen under Yogi, who is guiding Hibs further and further down a slippery slope with each passing week.

GG

would everyone still be screaming yogi out if we had won last week
    What a stupid arguement to make.

HE didn't and that is the point

March this year was the last time we won at home and if you are happy with that I want some of what you've been smoking/drinking.

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Without a shadow of a doubt the worst thread ever. Over react? Aye rite. In fact, r u yogi? 2 points from games agains stmirren, inverness n hamilton, great return! Over reaction, you stil think!

Left by mutual consent!
    Today and last weeK?

Win every week? perform every week?

where have you been and what have you been watching?

I'll have some of what you're on.

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Today and last weeK?

Win every week? perform every week?

where have you been and what have you been watching?

I'll have some of what you're on.
    you've had enuff

some of the posts in this thread sum up exactly what the thread title says

@hibs.net private member
    Yeah thats a silly stat, lets use this one. Hibs have been around for 135 years and this current run of home form under John Yogi Hughes is the worst in hibs lifetime. If there is a hibs fan out there that is 135 years old, this run of league form is the worst he or she will have ever seen.

In the last 20 games of the SPL hibs have won a massive 4 games against Kilmarnock, Falkirk, Dundee Utd and Motherwell. We have lost 12 games and drawn 4. Giving us a grand 16 points out of a possible 60! Even Falkirk's last 20 games in the SPL they managed to get 18 points!

Seriously look at these stats and tell me that there isnt anything to be concerned about at ER and that people are still over reacting!

First Team Breakthrough
    overreaction not from where i was sitting. Quite simply it was without craft, drive and purpose. headless chickens on the park and a headless chicken of a manager = relegation IMO.

Falkirk fans warned us. They wanted rid of him for ****s sake.

would everyone still be screaming yogi out if we had won last week
    or this week

Is that you Yogi?

Thought Yogi was a good choice. Modern thinking manager, rated in the game, plenty spirit and passion, and with a great love for the club and understanding of the fans aspirations.

It still astonishes me not that it's gone tits up, but to the sheer extent it has. He's alienated the players, who clearly wish they were anywhere but around him, and now the fans, who think he's a demented bam of the highest order. I shudder to think what his relationship with the board must be like, but I'd be very surprised if his P45 wasn't already being placed in an envelope pending our inevitable league cup exit at Killie next week.

I think we definately put a curse on our ex-players in the managers chair.

I'm sad, cause I really wanted him to do well, but he's clearly lost every shred of authority he ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    removed
    as soon as anyone says something diffrent on here the yam quotes come out,

really cant be botherd with .net anymore and as i cant find a delete option can one of the admin do me the honour
    Last edited by MSK; 18-09-2010 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Quote removed

as soon as anyone says something diffrent on here the yam quotes come out,

really cant be botherd with .net anymore and as i cant find a delete option can one of the admin do me the honour
    Your account doesnt have to be deleted ..just dont post or read ..then come back when things have settled down ..if they ever settle down ..
    Last edited by MSK; 18-09-2010 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Thought Yogi was a good choice. Modern thinking manager, rated in the game, plenty spirit and passion, and with a great love for the club and understanding of the fans aspirations.

It still astonishes me not that it's gone tits up, but to the sheer extent it has. He's alienated the players, who clearly wish they were anywhere but around him, and now the fans, who think he's a demented bam of the highest order. I shudder to think what his relationship with the board must be like, but I'd be very surprised if his P45 wasn't already being placed in an envelope pending our inevitable league cup exit at Killie next week.

I think we definately put a curse on our ex-players in the managers chair.

I'm sad, cause I really wanted him to do well, but he's clearly lost every shred of authority he ever had.
    Summed up better than anybody else could have.

I now see your post was actually a coded message, I've picked out the bits you wanted us to see

its almost a new team from last season , going by what youre saying on this seasons form dundee utd are relegation candidates aswell
    Pretty sure we'd be a wee bit more relaxed about things if we'd just won the Scottish Cup 4 months ago though