hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Overreact.net

@hibs.net private member scott_hfc1875's Avatar

Overreact.net

fair enough a bad performance today and a bad result last week though we should have put the game to bed but some of the comments on this board are ridiculous and some people need to get a grip. we're never going to win every week nor are we going to perform every week and reading some of the stuff on here is fast becoming boring
    Last edited by scott_hfc1875; 18-09-2010 at 06:45 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by scott_hfc1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    fair enough a bad performance today and a bad result last week though we should have put the game to bed but some of the comments on this board are rediculous and some people need to get a grip. we're never going to win every week nor are we going to perform every week and reading some of the stuff on here is fast becoming boring
    Off to bed then

@hibs.net private member The Sundance Kid's Avatar
    We can't win every week is a fact. However, the problem is we can't win at all

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar
    fair enough a bad performance today and a bad result last week though we should have put the game to bed but some of the comments on this board are rediculous and some people need to get a grip. we're never going to win every week nor are we going to perform every week and reading some of the stuff on here is fast becoming boring
    If your happy watching that crap week in week out good for you. I think you'll find most people have had enough of watching a manager who's clearly out his depth, drag our club down

fair enough a bad performance today and a bad result last week though we should have put the game to bed but some of the comments on this board are ridiculous and some people need to get a grip. we're never going to win every week nor are we going to perform every week and reading some of the stuff on here is fast becoming boring
    Do you really think people are complaining merely because of the last two results.

You may be one of the people who "need to get a grip".

Quote Originally Posted by Neil F View Post
    If your happy watching that crap week in week out good for you. I think you'll find most people have had enough of watching a manager who's clearly out his depth, drag our club down
    would everyone still be screaming yogi out if we had won last week

Left by mutual consent!
    We're pish just now and have been for over 9 months..

Time for a change asap or we'll have a exciting relegation battle to face..

Coaching Staff
    Definitely not an overreaction mate. Just a reaction. His and the team's results and performances are what gets the reaction. 10,000 (or those that were left) booed today, as they did last week. Yes amongst them (I include myself) there are times when we are wrong and too judgemental. But this season each fan that has booed has been perfectly entitled to. And when you hear the interviews after the game, they are also entitled to turn round, drive back to Easter Road, and throw a pie in the clown's coupon. To blame the fans or somehow say we are causing this to happen is the icing on a very bitter, horrible tasting cake.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    i agree that some of the personal stuff is embarrasing,but im struggling to remember a more inept performance than that today.our goal came from a bad back pass,our only shot hit the bar but our general play was disinterested,lazy,gutless and cowardly.we seem to be getting worse & sitting watching THAT is fast becoming boring !

Quote Originally Posted by #10 View Post
    We're pish just now and have been for over 9 months..

Time for a change asap or we'll have a exciting relegation battle to face..
    It won't be that exciting if it's a foregone conclusion by Christmas.................

Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    Do you really think people are complaining merely because of the last two results.

You may be one of the people who "need to get a grip".
    of course they are was there still calls for yogis head when after the well win or after at the end of the window after he'd made his new signings

@hibs.net private member Dirkster23's Avatar
    we didn't win last week, what's your point

Gamer IDs

aunty + balls= uncle

Really, so are you happy to be hanging on for a draw at home to Hamilton then?

Quote Originally Posted by H18SVG View Post
    two things wrong with this.
    Everyone isn't
    we didn't win last week
    is that yogis fault that we missed an open goal and couldnt score from the spot, there was nothing wrong with last weeks performance

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    Some of the drivel people talk on this forum is nothing sort of disgusting.

Call your self supporters?

I actually cringe coming on this with some of the BS people talk.

Gamer IDs

of course they are was there still calls for yogis head when after the well win or after at the end of the window after he'd made his new signings
    it looks like these were false dawns though and we're now staring reality in the face.no shape, fight ,movement,pace,desire or even pride it seems.every other team must look forward to playing us !
    Last edited by skipster7; 18-09-2010 at 07:07 PM.

Promising Youngster

Wake up how many games did we not win after getting pumped from Rangers last season which has now carried on to this season.

Smell the coffee and wake up or are you happy we end bottom as our performance just now that's where we shall end up.

Quote Originally Posted by delthehibee View Post
    Wake up how many games did we not win after getting pumped from Rangers last season which has now carried on to this season.

Smell the coffee and wake up or are you happy we end bottom as our performance just now that's where we shall end up.

its almost a new team from last season , going by what youre saying on this seasons form dundee utd are relegation candidates aswell

Is it as boring as watching that today?? Mate i'm not being funny but how can you try and defend that? We haven't won at home since March or somthing.. I don't expect Hibs to win every week, but i do expect Hibs to beat Hamilton at home. Or at least play them off the park as we are meant to be streets ahead in terms of playing facilities. Either your winding us up or you clearly have your head in the sand.

Promising Youngster
    its almost a new team from last season , going by what youre saying on this seasons form dundee utd are relegation candidates aswell
    Whether you want to admit it or not right now Hibs are struggling major and since am 46 I think i can spot problems within our team and right now we have them, and for the record I wish we had some of the D Utd team

New team or not our football is not up to scratch or do you think what you have seen is good footbal from Hibernian FC

Gamer IDs

scott i admire your optimism but surely if you were there today it would be obvious we seem to be getting worse if possible.yogi put this team together and some of them look like they cant be arsed !
    somethings got to give

Quote Originally Posted by delthehibee View Post
    Whether you want to admit it or not right now Hibs are struggling major and since am 46 I think i can spot problems within our team and right now we have them, and for the record I wish we had some of the D Utd team

New team or not our football is not up to scratch or do you think what you have seen is good footbal from Hibernian FC
    new players take time to gel and play good football , you only have to look as far as the blue half of manchester to see that, full of world class players and cant play like a team yet

Mate I have watched some very poor Hibs team in the past and there are guys on here who have done the same.......

I never expect us to win every week but what I expect is a team who try and play for the jersey week in week out. I would rather I had players that went out and put in a shift and a manager who knows his limitations...this is obviously not the case.

I think you will find that most folk would agree with me but would like players who show commitment for the cause.

Teams I watched from the late 80's and 90's were no great shakes however we had one or 2 outstanding players and others who played for the jersey.

We are woeful and will continue on the downward spiral for the foreseable future...if we dont change the management soon it will be too late (if it isnt already).

Hughes for me has to go and go now.

@hibs.net private member
    We have been awful for ages. However, should we just sit back and accept this is how it is going to be now? Not winning any games.

Relegation form is what we are seeing, our manager has not got a clue.

Aye very good Yogi

Promising Youngster
    new players take time to gel and play good football , you only have to look as far as the blue half of manchester to see that, full of world class players and cant play like a team yet
    Scott like you i'm a Hibs man through and through without picking on each other i just hope we can pick our self up big time as we are now running into quite a few hard games.

I hope at end of the season the team do gel, our defence has but midfield has gone just hope Ze can return Scott.

Like you're grit, like both my sons keep it up nice from a positive fan like myself

Cherrie

DEE

Where to begin.

1) Even if we were solely looking at the last two results, these have been two home games against decidedly bottom 6 teams, in which we have taken an early lead then wholly failed to build on it. That is unacceptable. In the squad we have players with Premiership experience, Miller has played in the Champions league, a couple have player regularly in the Eredivisie, christ even Nish is in the SPL top 10 all-time scorers. That squad should have MORE than enough quality to beat ICT and Hamilton, especially at home.

2) But we're not just looking at the past 2 results (grim as they are) are we?? We're talking about at least 7-8 months, probably more, of mediocre performances matched with mainly mediocre results (mediocre being kind for the Fir Park, McDiarmid Park and New Douglas Park fiascos of last season). The same tactical mistakes, the same bewildering substitutions, the same players seemingly above reproach (tho this seems to be - sort of - being addressed). The same dismissive/patronising post-match interviews from Yogi, the same almost impressive stubborn unwillingness to see the fundamental flaws in his "Dutch style" philosophy pish, the same blinkered refusal to play - from the start - a Hibs team with a) any real width and pace, despite us having the players and pitch to offer that or b) with players playing in their preferred position.

If you can't see that the above is true, then it's not me, or any of the other hundreds (and in the non-online world, probably thousands) of Hibs fans that need to get a grip.

And what do you mean "we won't win every week" as if that's some sort of killer argument. I know we won't win every week, such an expectation would be daft, but we've not won at home for pushing on EIGHT months.

Let's start with baby steps - let's trying winning "some weeks" eh????

Or does having that wish make me "boring" and mean I need to "get a grip"???
    Last edited by lyonhibs; 19-09-2010 at 10:17 AM.

You're absolutely right. Nothing to worry about at all.