hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arsenal

From what I saw it didn't look like Arshavin had a good game last night. Few passes gone wayward etc..

Fabregas on the other hand

2. Log in to remove the advert

Same old Arsenal!

Magic on their day but can't cut it when they play the big boys.

The team the arsenal where playing
    Weren't they the same team that beat
    The michty tic,,,,,, jeez what would the score
    have been against that shower

Arsenal are a brilliant side with a great manager who play the kind of football I love to watch. For a purists viewpoint, I'd watch them before any side in the world, outside of Barcelona (and Hibs, of course.)

But they won't get past Chelsea and probably Man United, who won't stand back and let them play in that manner that Braga did.

Sad, but probably true.

To be fair, most Arsenal supporters I know who have ST's don't really care that much. They're just happy to go along and be massively entertained every week.

First Team Breakthrough broonie27's Avatar
    They were a joy to watch. Fabregas was superb but I also thought Wilshere was outstanding (at least in the first half) - a future England captain IMHO.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsfan7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JUST LIKE WATCHING HIBS

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
    Except that Arsenal's passing has a purpose. Ours doesn't.

How many times do was pass the ball along the back four into the central midfield pairing then back to the centre halfs who launch it up to the tall effective striker, who usually loses the ball is really beginning to annoy me. Yes - it is great to pass and retain possession like Arsenal, but there is usually always an end result with their passing. Ours is usually a lump forward. What is that all about?

Agreed. We just play pretend possession.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tory Hibby View Post
    Agreed. We just play pretend possession.
    like Arsenal did against Barcalona last season.

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    like Arsenal did against Barcalona last season.
    yeah but arsenal look out of there depth against barca, we look out of our depth against st mirren

Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    yeah but arsenal look out of there depth against barca, we look out of our depth against st mirren
    Its the constant negativity like this thats making my skin crawl. No we never looked out of our depth against St Mirren, we were the better side, that got caught out with their only shot on target.

Intresting that a few posters suggest that Yogi should show a DVD to the team and get us passing like Arsnel. I actualy think that he is striving to get a team together capable of keeping the ball on the deck and pass well, but then he's up against the "get the ball forward for ****** sake" shouts which seem to be common coming from the stands

You're right Joe but hibs are just playing at it in their own half. Normally like a training game of 6v2 whilst the opposing midfield and defence get their shape and breath back.

Watching a dvd of Arsenal or Barcelona will let them see what impact that can have when you do it 30 yards further forward.

And then they neeed to get super fit to carry it out.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Its the constant negativity like this thats making my skin crawl. No we never looked out of our depth against St Mirren, we were the better side, that got caught out with their only shot on target.
    Yup

It was though a rather dull game and I am convinced if it was the OF they'd have won 1-0 in that game, where as Hibs are superb at losing these matches.
    It was also a mistake playing Stokes in that match, his heid was up his arse.

Anyway, we need more pace (Galbraith to play) and the passing up a notch in tempo.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    Yup

It was though a rather dull game and I am convinced if it was the OF they'd have won 1-0 in that game, where as Hibs are superb at losing these matches.

Anyway, we need more pace (Galbraith to play) and the passing up a notch in tempo.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    Yup

Well said that man. This has to be the slowest Hibs team I think I've ever seen. So if your not gonna run past them quickly, move the ball quicker FFS. But this still requires a bit of pace/skill when all the passing eventually leaves somebody 1 on 1 with his opponent.

Galbraith must be diddling yogi's lassie or something, whats the boy got to do!

Quote Originally Posted by RoscoHibby View Post
    Well said that man. This has to be the slowest Hibs team I think I've ever seen. So if your not gonna run past them quickly, move the ball quicker FFS. But this still requires a bit of pace/skill when all the passing eventually leaves somebody 1 on 1 with his opponent.

Galbraith must be diddling yogi's lassie or something, whats the boy got to do!
    Yogi would rather play Wotherspoon out of position, than play a left sided attacker, on the left, where we need both width and pace.
    But Andy74 will come and tell us Yogi has handled Galbraith perfectly...... I don't get it, play the laddie for 4-5 games from the start and see how it goes.

What we got to lose.... We're slow and predictable and really need a bit life into the team.

i'd give up going to the cinema to watch Arsenal every week

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Someone said earlier that arsenal fans know they are not good enough to win the league but don't care because it's so entertaining to watch.

I'd agree, if I could watch that every week or watch a team that wins the league, I'd choose arsenal, much more fun to watch every week, sod the one week of glory when you lift the trophy.

Come on yogi, deliver what you talk about so much, cos I aint seen it yet.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    Someone said earlier that arsenal fans know they are not good enough to win the league but don't care because it's so entertaining to watch.

I'd agree, if I could watch that every week or watch a team that wins the league, I'd choose arsenal, much more fun to watch every week, sod the one week of glory when you lift the trophy.

Come on yogi, deliver what you talk about so much, cos I aint seen it yet.
    I feel the same way. I go to ER to be entertained for 90mins. If we win great. If we lose or draw, well, disappointed but that's part of the game. A bit of quality and effort from the players is all I ask.
    The Newcastle team of the mid nineties with Ginola/Asprilla/Shearer/Ferdinand etc. was worth watching every week despite winning zilch. The other night Arsenal provided me with some hope for the future of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanduff;2577636[B
    ]I missed the second half in the shower.[/B].. sounds like they were really good...saying that it was at halftime adrian chiles and co predicted about six or seven and normally it goes the other way or becomes horredous when the commentators/pundits speak.
    You were in the shower for FORTY FIVE minutes. What a vain barsteward

Thing is with Arsenal, they make it look so, so simple. Yes, you need players far beyond the skill of any SPL player to achieve that kind of performance, but the basics that it was founded on shouldn't be impossible.

1. Short simple passes to either your team-mates feet, or the space into which they are running.

2. The confidence in your team mates' abilities to pass them the ball, then run beyond your man into the space (that's the green stuff BEHIND your opposite number FAO Hibs midfield) and make yourself available for the return.

Yes, if we tried to play like that the play would get broken up a fair bit of the time, and in the SPL there are times where getting rid of the thing is the best course of action, but it would be nice if, from the back, the ball didn't have to traverse the back 4 twice, before being fed into McBride, back to Hogg, repeat thrice before any attempt at incisive, accurate forward passing is attempted.