hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singing Section

Blog Entries

Singing Section

Singing Section

Boooooooooo Booooooo

You were P**h on Saturday...should all be ashamed of yourselves for a performance like that in only your second match...out sung by 350 highlanders even when we were winning....not fit to wear the shirt any of you

The clubs invested heavily in the best of new facilities for you and we are yet to see any return for all this..maybe you should have just been left with the dickensian facilities you had if this is how we are repaid. All we have heard is complaints about having a little bit of discipline in the way you perform...but no 90 minutes without nicotine is obviously too much to ask such 'proffesionals'
    Were just expected to accept that you need time to adust to your new surroundings / team mates / system and continue to support you ? I don't think so Booooo Boooooo

I pay my money and have a right to tell you what i think of your performance you know

2. Log in to remove the advert

Well said. Finger oot or we'll be getting in the New York Community Choir come Christmas.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    I'd say they've got until Christmas to start making some decent noise or they'll be out.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well said. Finger oot or we'll be getting in the New York Community Choir come Christmas.
    Too quick

Singing Section..

"Can you sing a song for us"

"Can you sing a song for us"

"its all gone quiet over there"

"oh its all gone quiet over there"

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    Singing Section

Boooooooooo Booooooo

You were P**h on Saturday...should all be ashamed of yourselves for a performance like that in only your second match...out sung by 350 highlanders even when we were winning....not fit to wear the shirt any of you

The clubs invested heavily in the best of new facilities for you and we are yet to see any return for all this..maybe you should have just been left with the dickensian facilities you had if this is how we are repaid. All we have heard is complaints about having a little bit of discipline in the way you perform...but no 90 minutes without nicotine is obviously too much to ask such 'proffesionals'
    Were just expected to accept that you need time to adust to your new surroundings / team mates / system and continue to support you ? I don't think so Booooo Boooooo

I pay my money and have a right to tell you what i think of your performance you know
    If the singing section is where I think it is then it was pretty much empty on Saturday.

My favorite chant from the Caley fans was 'You only sing when you're winning' which was ironic considering the singing section were pretty silent when we were winning.

I can only assume that they were trying to avoid frightening our players with large noises so went with silence instead. Good work east standers!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    If the singing section is where I think it is then it was pretty much empty on Saturday.
    I said as much to the Radge sitting behind me. Where did they all go?

They maybe re-located seats for the Hibs Kids game to a more sedate area of the ground

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Agreed. No change to the atmosphere at ER on Saturday. Like de Graaf, the singing section will need 6 months to adjust to the foreign environment

Given the reaction to the performance on Saturday, you'd think many fans were auditioning for the booing section. Not bad enough (yet) for me to boo. See Ayr Utd semi, most games under Duff Jimmy and away performances under Mogadon Miller as examples of the level I set before booing.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    I said as much to the Radge sitting behind me. Where did they all go?

They maybe re-located seats for the Hibs Kids game to a more sedate area of the ground
    Maybe if you sanctimonious smart-***** did a bit of vocal supporting yoursels there wouldn't be any need for a "singing section" ?!

how many people complaining where singing? people singing = atmosphere why dont you sing and help create an atmosphere around easter road... instead of moaning.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    Maybe if you sanctimonious smart-***** did a bit of vocal supporting yoursels there wouldn't be any need for a "singing section" ?!
    I think we sung more songs in the west than eminated from the East on Saturday. I had to get a packet of lozenges on the way home

1-0 to the West, oh aye and :notworthy:

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomson1875 View Post
    how many people complaining where singing? people singing = atmosphere why dont you sing and help create an atmosphere around easter road... instead of moaning.
    We tried a few times but A. didn't have enough people with us and B. Got looked at like we were a bunch of one eyed, 3 legged huns.

The boy behind me was eating a PEAR... Whats happening to the world?

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    I sit in the singing section and its all true.... we're p!sh!

But tbf, there shouldn't even need to be a singing section. The whole stadium should be one big singing arena.

If everybody just got off their saggy bottoms and got some chants going and maybe a wee Mexican wave going, instead of sitting and booing for 90mins, then the atmosphere would be great and the team would get a massive lift, which would make ER a fortress.

But unfortunately this wont happen, because people have the "I pay my money, so I can sit on my saggy erse and boo for as long as I want" attitude.

Until the fans decide to lift themselves, the team wont.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    I sit in the singing section and its all true.... we're p!sh!

But tbf, there shouldn't even need to be a singing section. The whole stadium should be one big singing arena.

If everybody just got off their saggy bottoms and got some chants going and maybe a wee Mexican wave going, instead of sitting and booing for 90mins, then the atmosphere would be great and the team would get a massive lift, which would make ER a fortress.

But unfortunately this wont happen, because people have the "I pay my money, so I can sit on my saggy erse and boo for as long as I want" attitude.

Until the fans decide to lift themselves, the team wont.
    I get what you are saying but the team need to give us something to sing about. Your last quote is a bit strange as well. Are you saying that the team is not playing well because we are not singing? If so the whole team should be emptied, proffesional footballers should be able to play the game to a good standard whether it be in an empty stadium, a full stadium singing or a full stadium not saying a word!

Also, the singing section is meant to be where the 'hardcore' singers are and the whole point of this section being created by the club was to help provide a better atmosphere on match days. If this 'elite' section is struggling I wouldnt have a go at the rest of the stadium as people bought their tickets for the singing section knowing what they were doing.

Bottom line is, even the singing section is struggling to get up for games at the moment because of the standard on the pitch!

[QUOTE='Slenj.=];2576361']We tried a few times but A. didn't have enough people with us and B. Got looked at like we were a bunch of one eyed, 3 legged huns.

The boy behind me was eating a PEAR... Whats happening to the world?[/QUOTE]

No matter what side of the debate over the "traditional working class passion" sport versus the "white-collar prawn sandwich brigade infiltration" sanitising it, I can't help feel that sentence encapsulates the issue 100%

I think it’s a mutual thing. The players lift the crowd, the whole crowd, including the Singing Section lift the players.

I suspect there's a few singers out there not in the Singing Section and they need to be encouraged to change their season tickets and unlike Saturday the club need to open a patg gate where singing walk ups can join them.

It was never going to be an overnight change from underneath the gantry to where the singing section is now and there does seem to be a wee bit more of an issue getting this together and settling in than was probably first thought.

I realise this thread started out tongue in cheek but it seems to be developing into an us, them and everyone else getting a bit touchy and having a go at each other.

So to all the would be singers out there get in touch with the ticket office and get your seat moved, try it for just one game even!

Everyone else, particularly those in the East, when the Singing Section start don't leave them to it – join in! Remember, like you used to
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs13681 View Post
    I get what you are saying but the team need to give us something to sing about. Your last quote is a bit strange as well. Are you saying that the team is not playing well because we are not singing? If so the whole team should be emptied, proffesional footballers should be able to play the game to a good standard whether it be in an empty stadium, a full stadium singing or a full stadium not saying a word!

Also, the singing section is meant to be where the 'hardcore' singers are and the whole point of this section being created by the club was to help provide a better atmosphere on match days. If this 'elite' section is struggling I wouldnt have a go at the rest of the stadium as people bought their tickets for the singing section knowing what they were doing.

Bottom line is, even the singing section is struggling to get up for games at the moment because of the standard on the pitch!

Since when was the singing section an elite section?
    Never has been, never will be, never intended to be.
    Hibernian Football Club

[QUOTE=Disc O'Dave;2576473]
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenj.=] View Post
    We tried a few times but A. didn't have enough people with us and B. Got looked at like we were a bunch of one eyed, 3 legged huns.

No matter what side of the debate over the "traditional working class passion" sport versus the "white-collar prawn sandwich brigade infiltration" sanitising it, I can't help feel that sentence encapsulates the issue 100%
    As I consider myself a social climber, I always bring an orange for half time but sing like a trooper during the game.

Dinnae worry if people look at you funny, it's happened to me all my life. Keep singing!

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    [QUOTE='Slenj.=];2576361']We tried a few times but A. didn't have enough people with us and B. Got looked at like we were a bunch of one eyed, 3 legged huns.

We're doomed.

[QUOTE=Paul;2576531]

We're doomed.
    Maybe people are planning on bringing rotten fruit to throw at under-performers - and this was an Al-Qaeda style dry run.....

The boy behind me was eating a PEAR... Whats happening to the world?

For the love of God I did not want to make this public..... but.....last season, sitting behind me and to the left I overheard 1 young man asking another young man for his lip balm as his lips were a little dry due to the wind.

I did not turn around and I could not make eye contact with a steward, in fact I froze, deer in headlight stuff, bottled it!

All I could do was gaze numbingly out to whatever match it was that was there .

Cannae even remember leavin !

[QUOTE=Paul;2576531]

We're doomed.
    shouldnae be eating, if you are, it means youre not singing, so there.
    Call yirsel a bluddy supporter. Oranges and pears whit ivver next, Toblerones and and Leonidas chocolates, get a grip.
    I know were the Hibees baby weve got class, but sing, sing ah tell yis.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TrickyNicky View Post
    [/B]

For the love of God I did not want to make this public..... but.....last season, sitting behind me and to the left I overheard 1 young man asking another young man for his lip balm as his lips were a little dry due to the wind.

I did not turn around and I could not make eye contact with a steward, in fact I froze, deer in headlight stuff, bottled it!

All I could do was gaze numbingly out to whatever match it was that was there .

Cannae even remember leavin !

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Seems like the idea of a singing section has now gone pear shaped.

How predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Seems like the idea of a singing section has now gone pear shaped.

How predictable.

Maybe that's what they meant by "core support"

Coat on.....

seems like its gone "pips up".

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    seems like its gone "pips up".
    Lost some ay it's appeel !

First Team Breakthrough Hibees07's Avatar
    Watched the Stoke game last night and even at 1 goal down the Stoke fans were right behind their team and probably played a big part in their comeback.

Maybe we should just relax a bit & get behind the team when things are not going so well, it might just help them turn things around.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Disc O'Dave;2576473]

So working class people don't eat fruit that will explain some of the health stats then