hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Yogi Has 'til Xmas

Fairly reliable source tells me Yogi has been given until Xmas to prove to the Board he's taking us in the right direction. I'd love to believe he can do it, but fear we'll be seeing the back of him. I was happy to have him at ER, but our form and performances in 2010 have been mostly poor or awful, with the odd exception, and I mean odd, only Celtic away in January and home to Hamilton spring to mind. More recently I just can't understand his thinking. For example, why bring in Stephens, but persist with Hogg and then drop him yesterday for Dickho? Why doesn't Galbraith, or one of our other 3 left sided players start ahead of a right sided player (Spoony) who has no form? Finally, if he punts Riordan back out on the left when or if we sign a new striker ... I'll give up trying to work him out.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroline Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fairly reliable source tells me Yogi has been given until Xmas to prove to the Board he's taking us in the right direction. I'd love to believe he can do it, but fear we'll be seeing the back of him. I was happy to have him at ER, but our form and performances in 2010 have been mostly poor or awful, with the odd exception, and I mean odd, only Celtic away in January and home to Hamilton spring to mind. More recently I just can't understand his thinking. For example, why bring in Stephens, but persist with Hogg and then drop him yesterday for Dickho? Why doesn't Galbraith, or one of our other 3 left sided players start ahead of a right sided player (Spoony) who has no form? Finally, if he punts Riordan back out on the left when or if we sign a new striker ... I'll give up trying to work him out.
    I think Yogi's fate is as much in the players' hands as his own. Whether or not he gets the tactics or team selection right is of no consequence if the players don't want to play for him.
    Christmas could see the end of his reign, dears

@hibs.net private member Www1875hfc's Avatar
    Yogi is a man under pressure,the interview with brian mclaughlin told you that,even before yesterdays result,and the version we watched was the edited version.
    Lose to hamilton accies and the board will have to make a decision,as we cant afford to play in an ever emptying stadia.
    Whats on offer isnt acceptable.
    If you and i know it,sure as hell the board know as well.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Www1875hfc View Post
    Yogi is a man under pressure,the interview with brian mclaughlin told you that,even before yesterdays result,and the version we watched was the edited version.
    Lose to hamilton accies and the board will have to make a decision,as we cant afford to play in an ever emptying stadia.
    He was definitely on edge yesterday, I saw him kick the back of the dug out in rage after a ICT attack. We were still in the lead at the time.

If this persists then I'll be amazed if he reaches December. I want him out - it's never nice to see anyone lose their job, especially a Hibs man but he is not up to the task in my view.

His time will come be it in October, December or even July 2012. But when it does, the board need to make some big appointment. For the playing team to work, the right management must be in place!

Let yogi show what he can do but when the time comes we must move forward and start taking risks on the playing side, otherwise our club will never ever be where it should be!

Testimonial Due
    I gave Yogi a bit of a kick in on the boards yesterday, after the game, having calmed down I feel I was being a bit harsh. It was not the greatest game and as a team we should have finished these boys off. One nil up after ten mins shows me we were controlling the game and the setup was probably right. It is not his fault we missed a penalty, or and open goal.

I think for playing against ICT and controlling the ball for large spells our full backs did nothing. I think we all thought Hart was going to push on more (perhaps injury) and Grounds would be more attacking / have some pace - sadly not the case.

A couple of changes De Graff out for Galbraith, Grounds out for Murray and a fit Hart and I do believe we have a good team capable of winning games.

Yogi you just need to help youself!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    Christmas.. We could be down by then!!!

I don't think he'll reach Christmas to be honest.

By Christmas, on this form, it will be too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    I gave Yogi a bit of a kick in on the boards yesterday, after the game, having calmed down I feel I was being a bit harsh. It was not the greatest game and as a team we should have finished these boys off. One nil up after ten mins shows me we were controlling the game and the setup was probably right. It is not his fault we missed a penalty, or and open goal.

I think for playing against ICT and controlling the ball for large spells our full backs did nothing. I think we all thought Hart was going to push on more (perhaps injury) and Grounds would be more attacking / have some pace - sadly not the case.

A couple of changes De Graff out for Galbraith, Grounds out for Murray and a fit Hart and I do believe we have a good team capable of winning games.

Yogi you just need to help youself!
    I am one of IM's biggest fans but you have got to be either at the wind up or smoking something if - after one game - you'd bin a CCC player to replace him with IM. I don't doubt that Murray has something to offer, but it's not at LB anymore.

And btw - Galbraith is left sided/footed - De Graff is rightsided/footed.

I am actual glad Yogi is in charge and not you

Testimonial Due
    Ho, Ho, Ho, roll on Xmas...

Im no Bah humbug, Scrooge Santa, but it could all be too late by then.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    I am one of IM's biggest fans but you have got to be either at the wind up or smoking something if - after one game - you'd bin a CCC player to replace him with IM. I don't doubt that Murray has something to offer, but it's not at LB anymore.

And btw - Galbraith is left sided/footed - De Graff is rightsided/footed.

I am actual glad Yogi is in charge and not you

No mate you must be off your head, or missed every game last seasons and yesterdays. You do seem to hold the Championship in a very high regard, but he is not a CCC player, he was pumped to Norwich (league one) and stuggled for a game. There is a reason he has been farmed out again, I think I know what it might be.

There is no way he gives anywhere as much as IM, if you saw the game yesterday you would have realised that. I think we all saw Boro player and thought he was going to be a pace machine - i think Thicot would leave him standing. Showed nothing so for you to think he is first choice in that position shows how much fans forget over the 2 months no games are being played.

No mate you must be off your head, or missed every game last seasons and yesterdays. You do seem to hold the Championship in a very high regard, but he is not a CCC player, he was pumped to Norwich (league one) and stuggled for a game. There is a reason he has been farmed out again, I think I know what it might be.

There is no way he gives anywhere as much as IM, if you saw the game yesterday you would have realised that. I think we all saw Boro player and thought he was going to be a pace machine - i think Thicot would leave him standing. Showed nothing so for you to think he is first choice in that position shows how much fans forget over the 2 months no games are being played.
    You think you know what it might be eh?!! Oooooh get you - do you know lots and lots and lots about football then?

I think he's got until the end of October personally.

We have some tough games that month and he'll need results .. I just cannae see it happening unless he gets Deek upfront, Galbraith wide and the Lithuanian starts with a bang!

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875

cracking example of whats happening to the hibs support, this thread has grounds down as a dud after 1 performance another thread has duffy down as useless with 0 games.

all these rumours regarding whats happening at ER if true IM is main instigator so good on yogi for dropping/replacing him, yogi's toiling im first to admit it but if he's not receiving the support from the players he has no chance (how many times have there been quotes like ' half the team dinnae give a S***') then he doesnt get the support from the fans either, lets just keep hounding out managers and players when things are tough eh........that will help the cause

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Really can`t imagine the Hibs board would set a specific date to make a decision whether the manager stays or goes? These kind of statements are trotted out by the likes of us on message boards or talking football in the pub rather than the guys running football clubs.

I don`t doubt that should this wretched run of form/results continue, the directors will be forced into taking steps sooner rather than later.

I saw enough yesterday to suggest that we can turn these points dropped into victories, but for Hughes` sake, it has to start immediately with full points on Saturday. With trips to Killie in the League Cup and then away to Celtic, we then have St Johnstone (A), Killie (H), Aberdeen (A), a possible League Cup QF then Dundee Utd (A) before we face Hearts at Easter Road.

If Hughes lasts till the derby he will be doing well..

Fairly reliable.
    We complain about players thar are fairly good. We want better.
    how many spl managers will not be judged by christmas. It makes sense but its up to yogi to show hibs.net he is the man for the job.

There's less bitching between posters on the scotsman site than here these days.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

So far you've taught me that you have no room for critisism for Ian Murray, and that if you don't agree with someones opinion, "they obviously haven't watched any of Hibs games last year or this year", unlike you, who must be an Uberfan.
    I'm thankful I have your wisdom to keep me right

The bottom line is that we are losing or drawing games against clubs we should be able to beat and that unfortunately is the yardstick Yogi has to be measured by.

We were lucky to beat Motherwell too. On paper at least we should be giving Dundee Utd a game, but when it counted for them last season we got our backside kicked.

In every game apart from one since Yogi took charge the Yams have brushed us aside and given the powder puff efforts from our team this year ( apart from the 1st half against Rankgers ) I for one am living in dread of the first derby.

I am happy for Yogi to say he needs time to get a team together to compete for 3rd and all that. But with the players he has, to struggle against St Mirren, ICT and other teams with half the resources we have is frankly unacceptable.

I have no wish to see him get the push, but the way things have started this season he is going to start running out of time soon. As I say, not because of results against top 6 teams, but because of poor performances against bottom 6 sides, which after a full season in charge is less than we should be entitled to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Www1875hfc View Post
    and i think he could be away

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    You think you know what it might be eh?!! Oooooh get you - do you know lots and lots and lots about football then?
    Clearly more than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    cracking example of whats happening to the hibs support, this thread has grounds down as a dud after 1 performance another thread has duffy down as useless with 0 games.

Dont think I used the word dud, just stated that in my opinion his performance was average at best. The real problem with this board is people who consistantly want to oust players for boys they have never even seen play - ridiculous. The problem my friend is the fickle nature. I did not have him as a dud, but many people on here had IM out of the door in favour of a player no one had ever heard of, seen play, or thought about - I think you will find that is the problem with our support.

all these rumours regarding whats happening at ER if true IM is main instigator so good on yogi for dropping/replacing him, yogi's toiling im first to admit it but if he's not receiving the support from the players he has no chance (how many times have there been quotes like ' half the team dinnae give a S***') then he doesnt get the support from the fans either, lets just keep hounding out managers and players when things are tough eh........that will help the cause
    Never heard those rumours and if you believe that about him then you need some serious help. You will in addition note from other posts that I do not believe in hounding out managers, in fact I believe that given Yogis place at the club and his history he deserves even more support - and that would go for the players that have grown up supporting the club. For as long as I can remember you never turn on one of your own.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    So far you've taught me that you have no room for critisism for Ian Murray, and that if you don't agree with someones opinion, "they obviously haven't watched any of Hibs games last year or this year", unlike you, who must be an Uberfan.
    I'm thankful I have your wisdom to keep me right
    I dont believe in giving one of our players a hard time for nothing. I did not see posts on here last season saying he is finished, all of a sudden a player from the world beating boro turns up at our door and people (I will let you decide if you are included in that) turn there back on the same group of players that finished the last season for us - talk me through it makes no sense.

For the record I was always taught you never turn your back on a Hibby that plays for the club - sadly this is something that no longer seems to apply amoungst some of our support.

Fact of the matter I clearly stated this was my opinion and if you take the time to read back, you will see it was you that commented on my opinion in the first instance.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    losing to Hamilton at home just isn't an option. A defeat against Celtic would not be unexpected but it could be set in the wrong context as yet another disaster. I accept that things don't get fixed overnight but the reality is that this is a results business and there comes a point where the backing of the board is immaterial if you have a less than half full stadium and a team that the manager has been bankrolled [within the limits of our budget] to assemble, just not cutting it.

Testimonial Due
    The problem Yogi will have is the board will act when the gaits drop. This is likely to happen sooner rather than later given the difficult time people face on the home/work front. I for one would give more time, I have posted on here many time saying the same thing, the last thing we want to become is a club that sacks managers all of the time ala Newcastle. Whilst that does not mean - keep someone for the sake of it, it does mean giving a bit of time and getting behind the manager and team.

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline Hibby View Post
    If he goes then I hope it will be before Christmas as it will give José Mário dos Santos Félix Mourinho time to see what changes we need to be making in the January transfer window.

Hope he (and the players) manage to turn things around but I won't be holding my breath.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    IMO.... when we get beat by killie in the cup, yogi will be no more!

@hibs.net private member
    If we don't beat Hamilton, he should go.

The problem Yogi will have is the board will act when the gaits drop. This is likely to happen sooner rather than later given the difficult time people face on the home/work front. I for one would give more time, I have posted on here many time saying the same thing, the last thing we want to become is a club that sacks managers all of the time ala Newcastle. Whilst that does not mean - keep someone for the sake of it, it does mean giving a bit of time and getting behind the manager and team.

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    If we don't beat Hamilton, he should go.
    Pretty much it for me. Hamilton are gash and after that we have Celtic (another home defeat) and St Johnstone (who murdered us last year at Perth). So unless we pick up the 3 from Hamilton, we are mid October and near bottom. Will Hughes even survive the clash with our ex manager in the cup?

If Xmas is true, then the board have no bottle. The crisis will come before that unless we put some results together, especially at home.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I think the fact that he isn't being allowed to sign players for more than a year and hasn't started re-negotiating the contracts which run out in 2011 speaks volumes.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!