hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Booing men in green jerseys

Never have I been so ashamed to sit in amongst fellow Hibernian supporters than I was today when certain players were boo'd by their own supporters. Shame on every one of you that took part, you are no 'supporter' of my football club.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser_Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never have I been so ashamed to sit in amongst fellow Hibernian supporters than I was today when certain players were boo'd by their own supporters. Shame on every one of you that took part, you are no 'supporter' of my football club.
    I half heartedly booed De Guff I apologise !

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    In all my time as a Hibs fan the support has been like this. It seems to have gotten worse though. I have only been at the Maribor match this season, but there were guys in the FF who were on the backs of some of the players from the first minute.
    The classic line came from a father and son combo who had ripped into pretty much anyone in green that evening, when one of the Maribor players went down there was a chorus of boos from the stand. The dad says " I remember when we used to cheer European teams". Well I can remember when we used to cheer on our own team. Sadly it doesn't seem to be the case any more!

Quote Originally Posted by hfc1875x View Post
    Ever think that the booing makes the targets play even worse than they were before?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    In all my time as a Hibs fan the support has been like this. It seems to have gotten worse though. I have only been at the Maribor match this season, but there were guys in the FF who were on the backs of some of the players from the first minute.
    The classic line came from a father and son combo who had ripped into pretty much anyone in green that evening, when one of the Maribor players went down there was a chorus of boos from the stand. The dad says " I remember when we used to cheer European teams". Well I can remember when we used to cheer on our own team. Sadly it doesn't seem to be the case any more!

Well, if he can remember THAT, he's must be a whole lot older than even I am.

I was at the Naples game, and when Colin Stein scored the 5th goal the guys in the stand enclosure were jumping up and down chanting, "Cappoci men, Cappoci men!" One of the biggest cheers of the night came when their guy was sent off. He got pelters.

And I DON'T think many of the crowd were cheering Dirty Leeds United in the next round. Or Barcelona in 1961....

Their heads didn't come to sharp points on top, did they?

There's always been a section of the Hibs support who go along to cheer the team on.

The rest of us seem to have a settled wish to find fault and look on the deepest, blackest, most depressing side of things - and before anyone says it, I can be as bad as the next one, I know. But I don't boo the team at matches - I can't see what good it does to abuse a player who's already having a bad day, or who's struggling to adapt to new tram-mates and a new league.

We seem to feed off one another, and I don't think the Internet helps. But I don't know how we can change this.

First Team Breakthrough Ernie Cobra's Avatar
    woo hoo...ANOTHER Uber Fan ....shame on you for booing Hibs players thread....

Should we just boo the manager then?
    Who is responsible when a worker puts in a below average performance, is it the worker or the manager?
    If any person in my job is below the threshold set out, then it is the managers perogative to improve thier performance or discipline them

Is it not perhaps the lack of discipline in the club, and the "we're aw mates the gither me an ma boys" attitude?

If Yogi persists in picking players who are just garbage/cannot prodice results, then he has to go, it's simple economics - we put money into the club, the team is mismanaged - poor results on the park - we stop puting money in - board sack Yogi.

So no sympathy from me im afraid, if Yogi is ***** at his job, let him know, if a player is ***** at his job, let him know, if this happens by booiing them, sobeit.

So to summarise, YOGI / PLAYERS GET YER FINGER OOT, WE PAY YER WAGES, IF YOU CANT PERFORM BETTER **** OFF

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser_Sauzee View Post
    Never booed them and never will. Can't see what good it does. In fact it probably does the exact opposite.

I did boo the wife one night when she didnae having ma dinner on the table for when I got home from work. The last time I saw her was the following morning when she was getting into a taxi with two large suitcases and the budgie.

First Team Breakthrough DeLaGaff's Avatar
    There are people who get on the back of players from the get-go, and I don't think that's fair.
    There are also other fans who frustrate me because they can't see the difference between a player who is trying to do something positive and has been unlucky that it hasn't come off, and a player that is not good enough.

We have a few players that simply aren't good enough, so I don't see the point in booing, I actually feel a little embarrassed for them.
    On the other hand, cheering them ain't going to help and if someone has paid their cash and dragged themselves to a game that was appealing as the ginger one out of girls aloud, then they're free to do what they like.

Not really someone who boos during a match, but I assume that ettiquette dictates that booing after the half/full time whistle is permitted? Sometimes that's all that keeps me motivated to stay till the end...

Quote Originally Posted by hfc1875x View Post
    Oh how original ..

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Cobra View Post
    So to summarise, YOGI / PLAYERS GET YER FINGER OOT, WE PAY YER WAGES, IF YOU CANT PERFORM BETTER **** OFF
    Maybe it's people who think it's acceptable to boo their own team (who were winning the game when De Graff got booed BTW) that should ' **** OFF' ?

I predicted before kick-off that the guy who sits behind me will spend the match booing Nish and De Graaf and I wasn't disappointed (well I was but you get my drift)

But to hear the volume of boos levied at said players was indeed very sad and I have to say I felt deeply ashamed of my fellow fans who participated. I didn't quite hear the same level of angst directed at Deek when he missed the pen but maybe I have selective hearing

I don't know the answer to this one but I hope "I pay my money so I'll boo who the fek I like" doesn't become an accepted reaction. It's cliche'd and oh so boring.

First Team Breakthrough scotty1875's Avatar
    I was disappointed with the performance yesterday but I didn't boo individual players or the team as a collective.

I was embarrassed by the boos at HT and especially at FT - I thought it was unwarranted.

Booing the men in green is happening far far too frequently these days for me.

Some of the younger fans should try to imagine how it felt to go 22 games without beating the Sc*mbos and being slagged by hertz fans at school / work 4 or 5 times a season EVERY year from the early 80's until 1994 (you can tell I'm still bitter eh - bloody right I am).

The middle-aged fans like me should remember the end of the Alex Miller era and the Duff Jim relegation times before they boo the current players on a regular basis.

Hibs have played worse, gone through far worse periods with a far worse squad.

It's not ideal just now but that's the product of the cycle Hibs go through when we sell our best players year on year.

Rightly or wrongly it's been part and parcel of my experience of watching Hibs since 1979.

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Never booed them and never will. Can't see what good it does. In fact it probably does the exact opposite.

I did boo the wife one night when she didnae having ma dinner on the table for when I got home from work. The last time I saw her was the following morning when she was getting into a taxi with two large suitcases and the budgie.
    Ever cloud has a silver lining.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLaGaff View Post
    There are people who get on the back of players from the get-go, and I don't think that's fair.
    There are also other fans who frustrate me because they can't see the difference between a player who is trying to do something positive and has been unlucky that it hasn't come off, and a player that is not good enough.

We have a few players that simply aren't good enough, so I don't see the point in booing, I actually feel a little embarrassed for them.
    On the other hand, cheering them ain't going to help and if someone has paid their cash and dragged themselves to a game that was appealing as the ginger one out of girls aloud, then they're free to do what they like.

Not really someone who boos during a match, but I assume that ettiquette dictates that booing after the half/full time whistle is permitted? Sometimes that's all that keeps me motivated to stay till the end...
    That's my viewpoint too

Especially the bit about the ginger one from girls aloud

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby D View Post
    I don't know the answer to this one but I hope "I pay my money so I'll boo who the fek I like" doesn't become an accepted reaction. It's cliche'd and oh so boring.
    It seems to me it's spreading like wildfire - sad movies.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WormyEel
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty1875 View Post
    I was disappointed with the performance yesterday but I didn't boo individual players or the team as a collective.

I was embarrassed by the boos at HT and especially at FT - I thought it was unwarranted.

Booing the men in green is happening far far too frequently these days for me.

Some of the younger fans should try to imagine how it felt to go 22 games without beating the Sc*mbos and being slagged by hertz fans at school / work 4 or 5 times a season EVERY year from the early 80's until 1994 (you can tell I'm still bitter eh - bloody right I am).

The middle-aged fans like me should remember the end of the Alex Miller era and the Duff Jim relegation times before they boo the current players on a regular basis.

Hibs have played worse, gone through far worse periods with a far worse squad.

It's not ideal just now but that's the product of the cycle Hibs go through when we sell our best players year on year.

Rightly or wrongly it's been part and parcel of my experience of watching Hibs since 1979.
    remember this all too clearly, I was in 2nd year at school before I EVER saw us win a ****in derby, on the booing tho, no I don't do it during the match or at particular players. I have done it at FT after a particularly crap performance. I think the booing/cheering of a player being subbed started to get worse the day Brian Kerr was taken off during an Intertoto match. I was surprised that day but its become the norm and its defo counter productive in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Cobra View Post
    woo hoo...ANOTHER Uber Fan ....shame on you for booing Hibs players thread....

Should we just boo the manager then?
    Who is responsible when a worker puts in a below average performance, is it the worker or the manager?
    If any person in my job is below the threshold set out, then it is the managers perogative to improve thier performance or discipline them

Is it not perhaps the lack of discipline in the club, and the "we're aw mates the gither me an ma boys" attitu

If Yogi persists in picking players who are just garbage/cannot prodice results, then he has to go, it's simple economics - we put money into the club, the team is mismanaged - poor results on the park - we stop puting money in - board sack Yogi.

So no sympathy from me im afraid, if Yogi is ***** at his job, let him know, if a player is ***** at his job, let him know, if this happens by booiing them, sobeit.

Thats how to support ???????????

I boo the Yams & the Old Firm does that mean I support them
    Last edited by hibbiedon; 12-09-2010 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby D View Post
    I predicted before kick-off that the guy who sits behind me will spend the match booing Nish and De Graaf and I wasn't disappointed (well I was but you get my drift)
    Aye, there are more than a few like that who sit near me. Not a peep from them when Nish or De Graaf did anything right but in full GTF mode when a mistake was made.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

As I said on another thread these antisupporters should get their tickets for the South in future.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Aye, there are more than a few like that who sit near me. Not a peep from them when Nish or De Graaf did anything right but in full GTF mode when a mistake was made.
    Did I blink and miss that bit?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Remember, the people who boo were crap when they played football themselves.

They have no understanding of the game or what it takes to play at a high level.

FACT.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Unlike me - I clapped all 3 of Nish decent passes yesterday.

Did I blink and miss that bit?
    I thought Nish had a decent first half. Whether you agree with that or not nobody can seriously say he did nothing right all game.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Ever think that the booing makes the targets play even worse than they were before?
    can you get any worse than skying an open goal to seal the game? but yeh on the booing not at the game, at the end is pretty justified when everyone was annoyed with the result so the players werent going to get cheered off but abuse of individuals during the game isnt on

I was annoyed but not ashamed at the reaction against some of our players, I know they get paid a lot of money to do a job, most here will be paid to do a job but fewer will have people openly opposing them, preventing them from doing a job.

I've criticised Nish on this forum as I believe him to be from some other sport but others praise him, doesn't change my mind and I'll respect the views of others. I have never and will never boo him while he is playing for Hibs though.

more shameful though is sitting beside a guy with his young son with guys behind him ****ing and **nting at the opposition with real venom (as real as the bravado of being in the safety of a different stand allows) without any consideration for his fellow supporters.

Channel the passion constructively into supportive chants or song for our own team and the experience will be better for all.

Jeez I'm old
    Last edited by SloopJB; 12-09-2010 at 09:55 AM. Reason: language filter didn't

I thought Nish had a decent first half. Whether you agree with that or not nobody can seriously say he did nothing right all game.
    I didn't like him at Killie, and don't like him now. That's a personal prejudice that I carry around and although I try, I just can't shake it off. I can fully understand those who get on his case from the word go because he is so frustrating.
    I don't think booing him will improve his performance (as is the theme of the thread) but there were three peachy crosses that were swung into the middle of the goal yesterday, that would have any half-decent centre forward at any level salivating, and Nish didn't get anywhere near any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    can you get any worse than skying an open goal to seal the game?
    Missing a penalty from 12 yards out?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I didn't like him at Killie, and don't like him now. That's a personal prejudice that I carry around and although I try, I just can't shake it off. I can fully understand those who get on his case from the word go because he is so frustrating.
    I don't think booing him will improve his performance (as is the theme of the thread) but there were three peachy crosses that were swung into the middle of the goal yesterday, that would have any half-decent centre forward at any level salivating, and Nish didn't get anywhere near any of them.
    The crosses didn't get anywhere near Colin Nish.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

Thou shalt not criticise the blessed one

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Haven't the goals been moved slightly to accommdate the re sizing of the pitch?