Surely Danny G has to start next week ?

Only person in the team willing to take a player on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    He won't start.... Why??? Cause yogi's a stubborn numpty

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmigros View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

He should - I would play the defence we started with today, the strikers we started with today, and a midfield of Wotherspoon-McBride-Miller-Galbraith.

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    All I can think is that Yogi must see him as an impact player to bring on when the opposition are tiring.

Certainly we looked more threatening after his introduction.
    They've only gone and done it! They've only gone and won the Scottish Cup! What kept you, Hibs?!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmigros View Post

The ability to take on and beat opposing players will soon be coached out of Danny unless he moves on to another Club.

Flair players will not be allowed to flourish at ER as long as Yogi is at the helm.

Sad but true.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritchie View Post
    He won't start.... Why??? Cause yogi's a stubborn numpty

Agree with last sentence! But surely, just as he's had to admit with Hogg, being stubborn is NOT the mark of a good manager.
    Every time Galbraith got the ball today he had 2 men on him (just like Sproule)--that means somewhere else a Hibs player was unmarked, Sheemples!

First Team Breakthrough Hibees07's Avatar
    When Galbraith came on I said to my boys that Hibs would lose a goal as they always lose a goal when he comes on the park.

Low and behold they did!.

Not saying it's Danny's fault but it does seem to happen frequently, at least it appears that way to me.

@hibs.net private member Bayern Bru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees07 View Post
    When Galbraith came on I said to my boys that Hibs would lose a goal as they always lose a goal when he comes on the park.

Not saying it's Danny's fault but it does seem to happen frequently, at least it appears that way to me.
    I see what you mean; Hughes tends to panic, as I've said before, and tries to make decision to 'influence the game.' Unfortunately though, an unconfident non-RB replacing Hart, and a winger replacing an ineffectual centre midfielder didn't influence the game in the correct ways.

Yes, Galbraith created a few chances, but if when Hart had gone off, we had crowded the midfield by reverting to a 3-5-2, I like to think the outcome might have been different. When Thicot loses his man, he panics and acts impulsively - not unlike HKT used to. Grounds is used to playing CB; so a back three and a crowded midfield would've made much more sense, rather than bringing on the defender who it could be argued was to blame for the St Mirren goal last week.
    They've only gone and done it! They've only gone and won the Scottish Cup! What kept you, Hibs?!

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    He should - I would play the defence we started with today, the strikers we started with today, and a midfield of Wotherspoon-McBride-Miller-Galbraith.
    Why play Miller? Hasn,t played that well this season [ okay, I'lkl conceed the game v 'well] but it appears there are a lot of Hibbys cant see any wrong in him.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    My thoughts exactly Doddie. If they are all fit thats exactly what he should do.
    If Galbraith doesnt start next week then Yogi should be sacked on the spot.

Och, go on stop wi' aw this "common sense" havering. Yogi is focusing on getting a squad of "right guid lads" who bring "a real edge to the place" and who "aw bust a gut in training".

As long as they all "gie it a right guid go" next week, I'll be a happy camper.

Galbraith should be starting in all games that we should be looking at dominating and winning from the off, and I've said that for months now, along with many others.

It's unlikely to happen, tho in fairness many said the same thing about Hoggenbauer getting dropped.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol
    yogi did not want him he was a mixu signing that he could not get get out of.

I like Galbraith and he gives width and a bit of pace but I would be tempted to drop McBride and keep Graaf. I feel that midfield is just a bit puny.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    It's very easy to be the one with pace and fresh legs coming off the bench to take players on, and run up and down that wing. Playing like that from the start, however, is a totally different matter. It took Sproule a couple of seasons before he could be relied upon to play well from the start of a match, but even then, a lot of fans still labelled him an "impact player".

He'll get his chance. If he has more intelligence than Ivan, then he may have an edge.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yekimevol View Post
    He cancelled the transfers of Bengelloun and Hodge, why not Galbraith?

Perhaps as previously posted Yogi sees Galbraith more as an impact player like Zemamma and Shiels before him, in my opinion he deserves 90 minutes to prove the manager wrong, it doesn`t stop Hearts from giving Templeton a game ( sorry for mentioning them in this post) there are a lot of similarities though.

Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    Perhaps as previously posted Yogi sees Galbraith more as an impact player like Zemamma and Shiels before him, in my opinion he deserves 90 minutes to prove the manager wrong, it doesn`t stop Hearts from giving Templeton a game ( sorry for mentioning them in this post) there are a lot of similarities though.
    Don't know but something gives me the impression on watching Danny that he may not be ready for a hard 90 minutes. Remember that he suffered a few bad injuries before he joined us, so it also may be down to a confidence thing

Coaching Staff
    He's been handled fine so far and is getting more time now he's a bit more ready. Some real crap on this thread!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalHibs View Post
    Don't know but something gives me the impression on watching Danny that he may not be ready for a hard 90 minutes. Remember that he suffered a few bad injuries before he joined us, so it also may be down to a confidence thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    He's been handled fine so far and is getting more time now he's a bit more ready. Some real crap on this thread!

Both dead on,definately not midfield player either,I hope he develops and isnt used for the full 90 minutes too soon, cos given how fickle we are I dont want his confidence decimated by our fabulous boo boys!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees07 View Post

thats only because he usually brings him on at left back or takes another player out of position to play him.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalHibs View Post
    Definately not a confidence thing IMO, he looks full of confidence when comes on, in fact the only player with enough confidence to take on a player. IMO, he should have got a regular place after he scored against Celtic, he would have been full of confidence after that and i can only feel that he would have went from strength to strength.

If I was danny I would be getting less and less confident with not being played. the team is on an awful run of form and he still doesnt get a chance, when he comes on he plays well, better than many of the starters each week.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawr.rar View Post
    He cancelled the transfers of Bengelloun and Hodge, why not Galbraith?
    i might be totally wrong about this bit because ive heard two diffrent versions. but there was a clause in the contract and we had to honour it and the other one is that the others were pre season and danny was already on a contract.

So you are in the know.

i might be totally wrong about this bit because ive heard two diffrent versions. but there was a clause in the contract and we had to honour it and the other one is that the others were pre season and danny was already on a contract.
    Or making it up.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

First Team Breakthrough
    he was a hughes signing!

Quote Originally Posted by eric.hibsfan View Post
    Why play Miller? Hasn,t played that well this season [ okay, I'lkl conceed the game v 'well] but it appears there are a lot of Hibbys cant see any wrong in him.
    Cant say Miller has played any worse than most of the side, definately cant see how you wouldnt have him in the side? I think hes got to start, hes a fantastic player.. who would you have instead?

And back to the point... iv been screaming for Galbraith to start, he should have had more game at the back end of last season aswell, surely got to start him and spoony on the wings next week, get DeGraaf dropped!