hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we had won I would still be asking for him to be sacked, the guys just no up tae it.
    How many chances did we have today?all we needed was a second, Deeks should never take another penalty.
    I have a feeling we're in for another cringeworth interview...

2. Log in to remove the advert

I thought we'd win today, but this result is just the latest in a horrible run since January. Does Petrie really expect Hughes to turn this run around when he is the main reason we are on the bad run in the first place?

We have a good squad but this is going to be another wasted season unless Petrie gets his finger out.

How many ****ing penalties has Thicot given away? Get him binned.

Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    How many ****ing penalties has Thicot given away? Get him binned.
    He's absolute garbage. Having Hogg and especially Murray sitting there and puttin that donut on for the last 20 mins is an absolute joke.

The man is clueless

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    Actually sounds as tho this has been one of nishys better games
    I was there and can assure you it wasn't.

He was woeful. Although De Graff and Miller also contributed nothing.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post

Its worrying listening to JH spout out line after line after line how he cant ask for anymore from the players in training..They give him everything he asks etc etc....Then come match day certain players are found wanting and they dont give everything they do in training..Are they trying to get Yogi his books or do they just freeze on matchday?

Something needs to change thats for sure.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady View Post

Overall, very pedestrian performance and nothing to get excited about, lack of creativity in midfield is crippling us.

I thought Dickoh and Grounds both did well for their first games - Dickoh looks better than Hogg (enough said!), Grounds looked solid, plus offered some movement and threat when overlapping, which I thought he did well. Not in the David Murphy class, but definitely out of the same mould. Bamba was solid, Deek worked hard. Apart from that, same old, same old...

We need another forward, and we need one pronto!!!!

Another pretty poor performance today made worse by our inept manager and his lack of ability!

Bringing on Thicot was a disgrace considering his poor performance in Paisley and the other options we had on the bench. Even worse though was how he never pulled Grounds with 20 minutes to go when he was clearly struggling an well off the pace!

I thought our midfield was really poor today and can't understand how de Graff holds down a starting spot when he offers very little? Wotherspoon needs a spell on the sidelines as he has been below par for a while and his passing/distribution and crossing are woeful.

We are too slow at moving the ball and lack decent movement. There's very little creation in our play and it's no surprise that we've had little entertainment or enjoyment down Easter Road for a couple of seasons now.

Yogi IMO is no better than Mixu was and will probably prove to be worse after we get papped out the cup by Killie. He's outstayed his welcome for me as we're going backwards at an alarming speed under his control.

Just how much rope does it take?
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    I'm going to start with the obvious, Colin Nish. I've now run out of adjectives to describe his ability as a professional football player to be honest so I'll just by pass this one as to be fair there is nobody else. Period.

The decision to bring on Thicot onto right back after Hart required to be subbed, well these are the ones that WILL cost Hughes his job. Was he oblivious to the shambles that was Thicot at RB last week. It's beyond comprehension and I'm just surprised that it took that long for him to give away the penalty after having a couple of goes earlier.

Riordan, great to see him back up top but one 'one on one' miss and another penalty miss makes him as culpable as Thicot I'm afraid.

Two centre backs 9/10 and no Hogg.

Overall, much of the same same and unless Hughes wants to find himself out of a job he must learn from his previous mistakes.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    I'm going to start with the obvious, Colin Nish. I've now run out of adjectives to describe his ability as a professional football player to be honest so I'll just by pass this one as to be fair there is nobody else. Period.

The decision to bring on Thicot onto right back after Hart required to be subbed, well these are the ones that WILL cost Hughes his job. Was he oblivious to the shambles that was Thicot at RB last week. It's beyond comprehension and I'm just surprised that it took that long for him to give away the penalty after having a couple of goes earlier.

Riordan, great to see him back up top but one 'one on one' miss and another penalty miss makes him as culpable as Thicot I'm afraid.

Two centre backs 9/10 and no Hogg.

Overall, much of the same same and unless Hughes wants to find himself out of a job he must learn from his previous mistakes.
    At that stage, even Hogg would have been a better option at RB.

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulSmith View Post
    Which he has proven he can't do. He's so one-dimensional its beyond comprehension.

Time to go...

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    I like to credit where credit is due. If a team is better than us, I like to say so.

Today, I cannot. ICT were honking, and I mean really honking. The only possession they had is when a Hibs player passed it right to them, but it happened time and again today.

Luckily for ICT, we were poor too. I can see some positives, there were some nice moves and at times we cut them open but couldn't take advantage. Had that free kick gone in, had the penalty been scored and had De Graaf not missed an open goal we could have been celebrating a handsome win. However, we're not. We NEED a striker otherwise we're in trouble.

The fact is we didn't deserve 3 points and we didn't get them. ICT didn't really deserve anything either. If this is what I paid £44 today then it's not value for money.

PS - How on Earth did Dundee United rout Aberdeen today but lose 4-0 at home to this mob?