Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875

2. Log in to remove the advert

Well done hibs.

Hooligans Banned

Ok thats them banned now name and shame them as well

Left by mutual consent!
    'involved in a disturbance'....

I'm all for the club taking appropriate action but there's flashpoints where ever you go, never mind overseas. How do we know this was not just intimidation from locals that ended up in a scene?

It's easy to jump on the blame bandwagon but I sure wouldn't be too chuffed if I was only defending myself in unknown territory and to get an exclusion order from the club.

Were these folk found guilty in a court over there?

If they have been surely it's a free for all in the name/shame game.
    Last edited by Toaods; 02-09-2010 at 07:45 PM.

I wasnt aware that there was any bother over there for the away leg (although i was on holiday at the time so had better things to do then check .net ) was it anything major??

Left by mutual consent!
    There was a bit of bother before the game. The 6 in question got lifted outside before it and released after it with a 175 euro fine

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissy_g88 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wasnt aware that there was any bother over there for the away leg (although i was on holiday at the time so had better things to do then check .net ) was it anything major??
    well, I wasn't there so I'm only going on the info here but can't recall any coverage either nationally or in the Evening News of any bother there.

certainly remember they had a bunch of thugs turning over some Old Ladies coffee tables down Cockburn Street but that was it.
    Last edited by Toaods; 02-09-2010 at 08:11 PM.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    "The six involved, who were arrested by Slovenian Police working with Lothian and Borders Police, are now banned from entering Easter Road Stadium or from purchasing tickets for away matches involving Hibernian Football Club. "

Lucky buggers

Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post

I'm all for the club taking appropriate action but there's flashpoints where ever you go, never mind overseas. How do we know this was not just intimidation from locals that ended up in a scene?

It's easy to jump on the blame bandwagon but I sure wouldn't be too chuffed if I was only defending myself in unknown territory and to get an exclusion order from the club.

Was after the game I believe. 6 'arrested', taken to the local cop shop, realesed, went to court Friday morning to pay a fine that they knew they were paying. One young lad (16-17) concussed I believe.

This police-fitba club love in is rather scary. The 6 in question for 'meant' to be the victims, so I heard. They got huckled for what could've been next to nothing. Maribor polis tell L&B, L&B tell Hibs...

So they were found guilty in a Hibs related incident and somehow its not fair?

The club should of named and shamed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    So they were found guilty in a Hibs related incident and somehow its not fair?

The club should of named and shamed them.
    I still fail to see why they should be banned from Easter Road. According to them, they were the victims, how much truth is in that I don't know.

If someone got in a fight at 1pm or 6pm on Leith Walk on a home Hibs matchday, how should that get them a banning order from ER..?

First Team Breakthrough
    Believe me if you want. But Maribor came out of nowhere and were attacking EVERYONE, then the police steamed in too (guess who won that one), and were only arresting Hibs fans. Hibs have been far too quick to ban these people, and should be asked to provide evidence!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post

Think there was a bit of 'encouragement' from the 2 L+B officers there to arrest the guys - you know to ensure they didn't just look like they'd been on a jolly abroad at taxpayers expense. Certainly I only heard of one really minor incident out there. Also heard that at least one of the arrests was for whatever the equivalent is of being drunk and disorderly rather than for anything fighting related. If that's the case, then the club are out of order banning people for that.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    While walking from the square to the ground, Hibbyradge asked one of the lovely looking police women why their was such a heavy police presence, as we were just there to have a bit of fun. She said you may be here to have fun, but we are not so much here to watch what we are doing more to protect you from the maribor idiots, or words to that effect.

Dave will be able to tell us exactly what she said.

Quote Originally Posted by Banff View Post
    Believe me if you want. But Maribor came out of nowhere and were attacking EVERYONE, then the police steamed in too (guess who won that one), and were only arresting Hibs fans. Hibs have been far too quick to ban these people, and should be asked to provide evidence!!
    That what I was told on the Friday morning over a salami roll and coffee by a guy that had seen it. Having not witnessed any bother before or after I was a bit dubious....

From what I gathered they got fined with the Slovenian equivilent of a breach of the peace/being drunk in a public place. Weren't charged with anything, hence I think its very harse.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    While walking from the square to the ground, Hibbyradge asked one of the lovely looking police women why their was such a heavy police presence, as we were just there to have a bit of fun. She said you may be here to have fun, but we are not so much here to watch what we are doing more to protect you from the maribor idiots, or words to that effect.

Dave will be able to tell us exactly what she said.
    Thank your lucky stars that they found your singing acceptable

First Team Breakthrough
    [QUOTE=Antifa Hibs;2566854]That what I was told on the Friday morning over a salami roll and coffee by a guy that had seen it. Having not witnessed any bother before or after I was a bit dubious....

Its true, my mates were involved!

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey® View Post
    Thank your lucky stars that they found your singing acceptable

I'd been practicing, the eurovision is my next goal?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I'd been practicing, the eurovision is my next goal?
    Drop that female backing singer

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    There's clearly a divergence of opinions here, so I shall ask this...

In cases where supporters have been banned by the club, is there any mechanism for an appeal? If not, isn't it possible that a legal challenge could be made?

[QUOTE=Banff;2566860

Its true, my mates were involved![/QUOTE]

Are your mates casuals

i'm interested to know on what basis the club has described them as hooligans, and on what basis they have banned them from ER. the club's statement does not justify their decision in any tangible way. it only states that they were involved in a disturbance, which could, as others have suggested may be the case, have been as the victim.

i would like to think the club have carried out the necessary background checks before making this decision but they have not made it clear whether they have.

'S' Form
    Hibs don't hand out banning orders, Lothian & Borders do. Why these guys have been banned is a matter for L&B not HFC. That's all i know about it

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnip View Post
    Hibs don't hand out banning orders, Lothian & Borders do. Why these guys have been banned is a matter for L&B not HFC. That's all i know about it
    L&B hand out banning orders but in this instance it is Hibs who have banned them not the police.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar
    No, the courts hand out banning orders and the police need to prove a reason for one to be handed down.

I think it's quite poor by Hibs but it will be directly down to the clubs new security officer trying to make his mark, i.e. John Boag who had a history and was hated by a large number of Hearts fans for some of his actions.

Expect more of these stories to appear on Hibs web site in months to come.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Disagree. If the club decide that they don't want to let these people on to their premises, that they don't want to do business with them, they are legally and morally entitled to do so.

I have no idea who's been banned, or if it was justified. Although if its any of the so called casuals, then perhaps even if they were innocent this time, they have certainly not been innocent in the past, and their past has finally caught up with them?

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    The club should be issuing compulsory attendance orders on people not banning them.

We need all the supporters we can get.

well lets hope Maribor ban the 20 or so of their hoolies lifted in the Canongate before the 2nd leg.

dont care if they were fighting Poles or Hibs, they were still up for a dash.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    The club should be issuing compulsory attendance orders on people not banning them.

We need all the supporters we can get.
    Could you imagine the field day Amnesty International would have with that? Poster campaigns calling for the torture to stop etc etc
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.